BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

2 hours ago, lraC said:

Not to mention getting to the FA cup semi final at the expense of other clubs. Two points does not act as a deterrent, surely.

Actually great point, and that bloody team in the fa cup, just so happened to be us again!

2 hours ago, lraC said:

Not to mention getting to the FA cup semi final at the expense of other clubs. Two points does not act as a deterrent, surely.

When you think how much money they made from cup runs and promotion the punishment doesn't actually for the crime. It's almost akin to playing an unregistered player as in theory he doesn't belong to them.

• Like 3

For all those in disgust that we're giving Wednesday 7k and not just shoving them in the DE Upper, I beg you don't go onto Rovers facebook.....but i'll put a taste below to help you pull your hair out:

"Another £175k plus food and drink, should spur us on more to put the ball in the net"

"Our best performance in years was in front of 7k geordies"

"How can we expect players to believe we are equal or better than them, if we don't"

"Poor decision from home supporters not to go more like"

"If we filled our own seats it wouldn't be a problem"

my favourite....."Where's your faith in the team? players often play better to larger crowds"

I honestly sometimes think we deserve our current mess, some of our lot only have air between their ears.

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

For all those in disgust that we're giving Wednesday 7k and not just shoving them in the DE Upper, I beg you don't go onto Rovers facebook.....but i'll put a taste below to help you pull your hair out:

"Another £175k plus food and drink, should spur us on more to put the ball in the net"

"Our best performance in years was in front of 7k geordies"

"How can we expect players to believe we are equal or better than them, if we don't"

"Poor decision from home supporters not to go more like"

"If we filled our own seats it wouldn't be a problem"

my favourite....."Where's your faith in the team? players often play better to larger crowds"

I honestly sometimes think we deserve our current mess, some of our lot only have air between their ears.

While I agree with your overall point at least one of these is a true statement and a fair comment.

Rovers fans should take up the challenge, buy a ticket and out sing the sheep shaggers.

• Like 1

Those in favour where does it stop?

I mean we often have 20,000 empty seats at Ewood thanks to Venkys and Waggott, so presumably they'd be happy if we handed away fans all the BBE and Riverside if possible, pocketed loads of money for no benefit to the club and condensed all the home fans into the JW stand.

Happy days.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Those in favour where does it stop?

I mean we often have 20,000 empty seats at Ewood thanks to Venkys and Waggott, so presumably they'd be happy if we handed away fans all the BBE and Riverside if possible, pocketed loads of money for no benefit to the club and condensed all the home fans into the JW stand.

Happy days.

Change our Name to Man United Seconds, play in red, change the name of the ground to mini old Trafford and fill it every week. Loan all of their up and coming youngsters.

Lets face it we have already run events for other clubs at Ewood for other clubs this season, so that's probably next.

WTF

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

Change our Name to Man United Seconds, play in red, change the name of the ground to mini old Trafford and fill it every week. Loan all of their up and coming youngsters.

Lets face it we have already run events for other clubs at Ewood for other clubs this season, so that's probably next.

WTF

The argument appears to be that if it makes us money, increases noise levels or fills otherwise empty seats then it is worth doing.

Slippery slope there

40 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

You effectively lose as many points by letting in a scabby last minute equaliser.

Exactly and possibly scored by a player, who you haven't paid for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

Leicester going to lose to all our relegation rivals, then hammer us final game to save their promotion.

It's infuriating. 

We literally can't score that goal - we don't have a lick of pace. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Silas said:

Leicester going to lose to all our relegation rivals, then hammer us final game to save their promotion.

It's infuriating. 

Tbf, every other team has a squad that can get stuck in when necessary instead of our bunch

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

When you think how much money they made from cup runs and promotion the punishment doesn't actually for the crime. It's almost akin to playing an unregistered player as in theory he doesn't belong to them.

Well there is absolutely no punishment for doing that. As Sheffield United know.

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Even with my blue and white specs on, I don’t think that was a penalty. Was still shouting at ref to give it though.

Apparently I blame the referees for everything, so what do I know.

For mine he played the man and not the ball there. He gave a softer foul when Plymouth's #22 went down bringing the ball out around the halfway line. 

Just now, RTM08 said:

Tbf, every other team has a squad that can get stuck in when necessary instead of our bunch

It's nothing to do with getting stuck in - Tronstad is one of the best CMs in this league. It's a completely lack of pace anywhere on the field. Coupled with a lack of physicality at #9 and we're really limited in the types of goals we can score (and the threat we carry). 

• Like 1

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We literally can't score that goal - we don't have a lick of pace. 

6 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I prefer not to focus on our inadequacies.

It's much easier to lash out and criticise others.

Let me have my emotional crutch and stop with the reality please. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's nothing to do with getting stuck in - Tronstad is one of the best CMs in this league. It's a completely lack of pace anywhere on the field. Coupled with a lack of physicality at #9 and we're really limited in the types of goals we can score (and the threat we carry). 

I agree, the team is far too slow and has been for years. Last genuine pace merchant was Khadra, come back Ian ‘windy’ Miller.