BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

4 hours ago, Torgeir said:

We owe Coventry a beating and a half with their hope still remaining.

Won't happen if it's away. I've never seen us beat them. And that includes the 5-0 when we were champions. Most other times I've seen Coventry play, they are awful, even if they are on a massive winning streak. I only see them play well against us.

32 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Won't happen if it's away. I've never seen us beat them. And that includes the 5-0 when we were champions. Most other times I've seen Coventry play, they are awful, even if they are on a massive winning streak. I only see them play well against us.

Home.

I have seen us win at Coventry as well as that 5-0 humiliation.

Remember that chocolate strip they wore when we knocked them out of the FA Cup at Ewood?

• Backroom
8 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Are we really giving Wednesday the chance to bring 7k to the game at Ewood which literally could end up being season defining, seriously WTF

Surely not?

5 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

What if it's a home game?

9 hours ago, Blue blood said:

When did Brum last get a point? Think they are most likely to go down. 

It's the same as before but a round of games less. A heroic effort yer Sheff Weds are in the bottom 3, Plymouth still not beaten a championship level team, Huddersfield continue to fold in games. Bit surprised Millwall won as thought they were getting dragged back into it but can't see the other three teams mentioned overtaking us. One win and we are fine. A few draws probably will be enough  

I’m really worried about Wednesday, under the new manager they just seem to refuse to accept relegation and keep finding a way to survive. Tonight is must not lose but with Leeds on Saturday a nailed on defeat, we need a win.

9 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I’m really worried about Wednesday, under the new manager they just seem to refuse to accept relegation and keep finding a way to survive. Tonight is must not lose but with Leeds on Saturday a nailed on defeat, we need a win.

Is Leeds a nailed on defeat though? I mean, they failed to even score at home against Sunderland last night!

I'm trying to be glass half full, but I'm more concerned about the evidence of fight in our relegation rivals, as evidenced by Sheff Weds, Millwall & Plymouth tonight. In all honesty I'm v concerned as it's silly season results-wise. Pressure (or the lack of it) does strange things to the psyche of teams...

At least it's in our hands still but, as unlikely as it is, I really don't want to go into the Wednesday match with anything less than a 6 point gap (i.e. 7 inc the favourable GD).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I don’t think any game in this division can or should be written off as a ‘nailed on defeat’.

It’s a tough game, for sure, but a team we have just dicked on their own ground held Leeds to a draw at Elland Road last night and Coventry beat them at the weekend. They are jittery.

Just had a Quick look at all the remaining fixtures and reaffirmed my belief that we desperately need something tonight. Pretty much all the involved teams have some very kind fixtures, Big club have Cardiff at home and also Rotherham and I really worry about our match against Wednesday. Three points tonight would be huge but we must get something otherwise, I still think we will drop.

6 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Is Leeds a nailed on defeat though? I mean, they failed to even score at home against Sunderland last night!

I'm trying to be glass half full, but I'm more concerned about the evidence of fight in our relegation rivals, as evidenced by Sheff Weds, Millwall & Plymouth tonight. In all honesty I'm v concerned as it's silly season results-wise. Pressure (or the lack of it) does strange things to the psyche of teams...

At least it's in our hands still but, as unlikely as it is, I really don't want to go into the Wednesday match with anything less than a 6 point gap (i.e. 7 inc the favourable GD).

I think the fact Leeds haven’t won in their last two and drew a blank last night makes Saturday an even more nailed on home win. 

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I don’t think any game in this division can or should be written off as a ‘nailed on defeat’.

It’s a tough game, for sure, but a team we have just dicked on their own ground held Leeds to a draw at Elland Road last night and Coventry beat them at the weekend. They are jittery.

I know what you mean but Elland Road will be a seething cauldron on Saturday and we all know how we traditionally fare in the big pressure games. 

21 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Before last night, Leeds had won their previous nine home league games.

I think anything we get there would have to be considered a bonus.

As would Leicester on the last day, we need 6 points from tonight and the Wednesday / Coventry fixtures.

A draw tonight would mean Wednesday and Hudders would have to take 5 more points than us over their last 4 games. A draw to me looks a better result than it did yesterday morning. 

It does look one of our best chances of 3 points though, which would see us virtually safe. On Leeds, the pictures of the crowd said it all, far from being a cauldron, it looked like the nerves were shredded. 

11 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Are we really giving Wednesday the chance to bring 7k to the game at Ewood which literally could end up being season defining, seriously WTF

Waggott gonna Waggott

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Just had a Quick look at all the remaining fixtures and reaffirmed my belief that we desperately need something tonight. Pretty much all the involved teams have some very kind fixtures, Big club have Cardiff at home and also Rotherham and I really worry about our match against Wednesday. Three points tonight would be huge but we must get something otherwise, I still think we will drop.

Isn't that contradictory to some extent? Saying other clubs have kind fixtures, yet you're worried about our home match vs the 3rd worst team in the division who have a -31 goal difference. 

1 win from our remaining 5 and we're safe. No chance are 3 of Birmingham, Wednesday, Huddersfield or Plymouth getting to 50 points, which they'd need if we get to 49 due to our GD. I actually think 2 draws does it on 48 points for us.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, superniko said:

Isn't that contradictory to some extent? Saying other clubs have kind fixtures, yet you're worried about our home match vs the 3rd worst team in the division who have a -31 goal difference. 

1 win from our remaining 5 and we're safe. No chance are 3 of Birmingham, Wednesday, Huddersfield or Plymouth getting to 50 points, which they'd need if we get to 49 due to our GD. I actually think 2 draws does it on 48 points for us.

Probably, but Wednesday keep coming back from the brink, the path we set them upon when losing at Hillsborough 3 1 late last year. If they stay up from the position they were in prior to our visit, it will be one of the greatest ever relegation escapes.

25 minutes ago, superniko said:

You're far more confident than I am. 

I fear we'll be looking over our shoulder on the final day.

11 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

I have no problem with that - we're not going to sell those tickets. If they can, let them.

My problem is we don't do everything else possible to maximise our income - better sponsors, competitively priced season tickets, engaging lapsed supporters, engaging schools outside the shadow of Ewood Park etc etc.

38 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You're far more confident than I am. 

I fear we'll be looking over our shoulder on the final day.

We may well be, but I think if we are, there will still be a few teams between us and the relegation spots, so it would require a large swing (with Huddersfield away at Ipswich we need to hope they're still in with a sniff of automatics).

Hopefully we get the job done tonight!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Probably, but Wednesday keep coming back from the brink, the path we set them upon when losing at Hillsborough 3 1 late last year. If they stay up from the position they were in prior to our visit, it will be one of the greatest ever relegation escapes.

True, and I guess they're a different team now to the 1st half of the season. Never the less, I think every club will have similar feelings around 'I'm nervous for this fixture'. Ideally you want to be playing someone mid-table and nothing to play for (like us tonight!)

20 hours ago, Upside Down said:

More like thanks JDT for stacking all those points up early in the season.

Yes but he lost an awful lot after didn't he tbf?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1