BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

1 hour ago, lraC said:

That question has been answered quite a few times already, so of it proven and come of if speculation

There is one thing that jumps out to everyone prepared to look and that is the destruction of everything that had worked for years, so it is hard not to believe that they wanted us out of the premier league as quickly as possible.

They very nearly relegated us in their first part season and managed it in their first full season. After that, they nearly managed back to back relegations, despite us being favourites to go straight back up and have since managed to relegate us to the third tier and nearly did it again, this season.

For billionaires, who we are told never fail to sign a cheque, this is one hell of a record, so something tells me they are totally incompetent or corrupt. 

I don't recall ever seeing the question answered. What is the answer ?

Why would somebody buy a premier league club to then want it out of the premier league as soon as possible with all the financial problems that follow ?

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't recall ever seeing the question answered. What is the answer ?

Why would somebody buy a premier league club to then want it out of the premier league as soon as possible with all the financial problems that follow ?

You would need to get the real answer from the owners I guess, but (and I stand to be correct) most people on here and the wider fan base, think they were duped by an agent, who promised them the chance of a quick profit.

The owners allegedly did try to sue the agent, as he seemed to be running the club and things such as signing his own son as a player (he never played a single game) and sacking the manager who had us 6th in the premier league and replacing him with a novice, with no managerial experience, who just so happened to be his client too, certainly has me believing that could well be the case.

Paying contacts up for established premier league players and replacing them with inferior players, also arouses my suspicions, but maybe that just me. Even after relegation, buying players such as Danny Murphy, Leon Best and others, also makes me believe that something a touch strange was going on, not to mention signing a handful of Portuguese players, who never made a first team appearance between them.

12 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The only way around this is an effective Football Governance Bill. In particular, the "fit and proper" test needs to be changed to cover 3 years only, with re-testing mandatory

It just seems a really unfair situation in that your financial performance is reviewed in cycles, which may mean you are penalised on the pitch, but effectively the people in charge of the commercial operation are not reviewed. This season it became abundantly clear that, for a period of time, the Rao family were not fit and proper owners according to the FA test. They were not allowed to fund their business without third party clearance. The club may say that this is now over, however the Rovers essentially lost a season of its history, and could have suffered a relegation because of those problems

A similar situation lead to Tony Xia selling his stake in Aston Villa. The Chinese govt got involved and the rest is history. Here, the owners were very clear they had no intention of trying to move the club forward, and instead settled for a season of barely treading water whilst they fixed their own problems. We aren't even any of the wiser of whether it is resolved yet. It could be another season where a town club thousands of miles away in England suffers because of a tax dispute with the Indian government... A really bizarre situation. Globalism at its worst

The FA really need to get a grip. But I am starting to think HMRC doesn't want any true football reform. Their tax receipts owing to the English pyramid must be huge. Why change something that is working so well for them? It seems like a real easy win for any government to try and tackle this, but at the moment they are just skirting around the edges

Exactly. Fit and proper testing should be like a MOT for owners.

Why should the club have to suffer because of their issues?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13396743/Championship-clubs-increase-permitted-lose-three-years-2-5m-following-rise-operational-costs-staff-wages.html

Championship clubs have agreed to increase the allowable losses over a three year period by £2.5m. It is now £41.5m. This comes into effect shortly before the new Sky deal kicks in and the EFL have said it is to cover increases such as energy charges. Cue agents of players ringing CEO's today to renegotiate their clients deals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Either way, our only hope is a Luton relegation to keep us off bottom place in the league for home attendances next season.

Doesn't that tell a story.

Luton got the lowest attendances in the Championship in the 2022-23 season - and were promoted to the Premier League.

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Luton got the lowest attendances in the Championship in the 2022-23 season - and were promoted to the Premier League.

You really do have a knack for completely missing the point.

• Like 4

There are some really interesting numbers in this table which is essentially about away followings. When you consider that Millwall, Cardiff and Bristol City were night matches and Norwich was a 12.30 kick off our away support is better than it ought to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

There are some really interesting numbers in this table which is essentially about away followings. When you consider that Millwall, Cardiff and Bristol City were night matches and Norwich was a 12.30 kick off our away support is better than it ought to be.

It's just more proof that the "our fans are shit" line that gets parroted by lemmings is just total bollocks. 

Our home support is shit because the owners and their stooges have done everything they can to drive them away. 

Every club above us in that table are from areas where they have a massive catchment with very little in the way of competition. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Having watched 2 absolute borefests today in Championship playoffs, here’s how it should be done. Although at H/T I didn’t think so…….…Absolute chaos when 3rd and 4th went in.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Having watched 2 absolute borefests today in Championship playoffs, here’s how it should be done. Although at H/T I didn’t think so…….…Absolute chaos when 3rd and 4th went in.

I can still remember clearly  looking around the despondent Blackburn End at 2-0 down thinking “not again”. 

• Like 1

after the agony the ecstacy,blackburn went completely mental when newell scored,you just knew the second half was going to be a bit special

2nd leg was a bit of a nightmare to watch,we were at ewood watching it on the big screen,i had to turn away for most of the last 20 minutes,we were well under it

17 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I can still remember clearly  looking around the despondent Blackburn End at 2-0 down thinking “not again”. 

I remember a couple of our lot leaving at 0-2 down and they weren’t alone.

56 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

after the agony the ecstacy,blackburn went completely mental when newell scored,you just knew the second half was going to be a bit special

2nd leg was a bit of a nightmare to watch,we were at ewood watching it on the big screen,i had to turn away for most of the last 20 minutes,we were well under it

Yeah and that big screen wasn’t like modern big screens. It was a pretty poor picture so sometimes when the ball moved quick you couldn’t really follow it.
I remember someone fairly late on (McMinn?) shot from the inside right and it went past Mimms and just wide of the far post.You couldn’t tell if it had gone in, you just knew when the camera changed by the Derby players reactions that it hadn’t.

Back to the first game, the match finished about 4.45pm, and I’m sure ITV had the highlights on straight away at 5pm.

Posted (edited)

That second leg at the Baseball Ground was a fun watch. 

Moran with the best 1” goal I’ve ever seen scored!

Bit hairy with the Derby fans afterwards. 😂 

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

those two derby centre backs ****** themselves then they saw kevin looming over them!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

those two derby centre backs ****** themselves then they saw kevin looming over them!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn’t you? 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

That London road area was a bit lively

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gav said:

There are quite a few games that stand out in the memory but this one inparticular is burnt in forever....an amazing atmosphere indeed.

I think from the back of the BBE we ended up near the front Fence when the fourth hit the Net!

As for today's play off games?...absolute Cannon Fodder.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gav said:

That day, and that first PL game on the BBE against Arsenal, I'll never forgot. Brilliant times.

• Like 1