BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

We have already got cover for Sammies position in Sigurdsson, Markanday and Dolan.

Whittaker doesnt play that position even if he was remotely realistic.

But 3 players who will have played minimal football in that position between them in their career and all players of varying levels of questionable effectiveness to be kind to them are not adequate cover.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Whittaker doesnt play that position even if he was remotely realistic.

But 3 players who will have played minimal football in that position between them in their career and all players of varying levels of questionable effectiveness to be kind to them are not adequate cover.

They are what we have got, and realistically what we will start with. Whether they are good enough through the center, we will have to wait and see.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Anyone linked with Morgan Whittaker? We might need him once Sammie's off

Lazio had a bid for him turned down of over £7M in January.  In no way are Rovers fishing in that pond

Edit - https://trigger-the-press.com/morgan-whittaker-leicester-palace-sporting/ apparently looking for £25M with Premier League teams and Sporting Lisbon now interested

Edited by KentExile

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

They are what we have got, and realistically what we will start with. Whether they are good enough through the center, we will have to wait and see.

Im not convinced we will ever find out because it would take the manager changing their position to do so.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not convinced we will ever find out because it would take the manager changing their position to do so.

All three are played as wingers, which none of them are, so it wouldn't take much to swap their positions. I would prefer us to concentrate on buying a first choice keeper rather than a replacement for Sammie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

same here,terrible game incidentally,barnsley are terrible and bolton just content to sit and foul them,they`ll need 11 new players if they are going to compete in the championship

At least they know they'll get an easy six points from us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

All three are played as wingers, which none of them are, so it wouldn't take much to swap their positions. I would prefer us to concentrate on buying a first choice keeper rather than a replacement for Sammie.

Id like to think that even armed probably with a small budget, that we woul

Sigurdsson and Markanday are wingers, just not very good ones, having played all their football for us there. And Dolan either plays wide or up front, I bet you could count his games as a number 10 on one hand. Id certainly have zero faith in any of them effectively stepping up to replace Szmodics.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Id like to think that even armed probably with a small budget, that we woul

Sigurdsson and Markanday are wingers, just not very good ones, having played all their football for us there. And Dolan either plays wide or up front, I bet you could count his games as a number 10 on one hand. Id certainly have zero faith in any of them effectively stepping up to replace Szmodics.

The reason they haven't been tried at No 10 is because Szmodics has been so successful in that position, but if he leaves I think one of the three I mentioned will be tried there. Let's just wait and see what happens.

Edited by rigger

45 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

At least they know they'll get an easy six points from us.

Not if they are in the championship. We'll be in League 1

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bazza said:

Not if they are in the championship. We'll be in League 1

More chance of Bolton being in the  Premier League than us in the next 5 years ..They got rid of their terrible owner !

We still have ours !

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

More chance of Bolton being in the  Premier League than us in the next 5 years ..They got rid of their terrible owner !

We still have ours !

More and more teams are passing us by and with Venky's we're going to struggle to stay in the Championship even medium term. Eventually, there will be too many teams with owners that care for us to compete and before you know it Waggott will be telling us how we "can't compete" in the transfer market against Wrexham and the like.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

More and more teams are passing us by and with Venky's we're going to struggle to stay in the Championship even medium term. Eventually, there will be too many teams with owners that care for us to compete and before you know it Waggott will be telling us how we "can't compete" in the transfer market against Wrexham and the like.

So next year then.

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just waiting for the inevitable 'we can't compete with Bolton' with reference to them getting double our gates next season. 

Mark my words it will be the very same people who used Bolton as an example of where we'd be without Venky's involvement.

Absolutely. They have the mental capacity of a dog turd that's been run over by a six wheeler.

14 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

If Ayari fitted what JDT wanted why did he only put him on the pitch for 61 minutes of the 5 matches he was available to him?

Ask JDT. 

He has shown he has something about him. I might be tempted to loan him next season depending on the budget. 

5 hours ago, Tricky said:

Anyone linked with Morgan Whittaker? We might need him once Sammie's off

Budget depending I would target Kōji Miyoshi from Birmingham City or Reading attacking midfielder/forward Harvey Knibbs

8 hours ago, rigger said:

For TV

8 hours ago, KentExile said:

If you mean why is it a 12:30 kick off, it is so that sky can put on numerous final day games on live tv without worrying about the 3pm tv blackout

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship

Thanks. Pretty shabby to say the least but money talks.

on the plus side - maybe some non league clubs will get an extra few attending at 3pm today 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 47er said:

£25M? Obviously a better player than Adam Wharton! 

Personally think £25M is very high for Whittaker, can see it being more like £10M.  But I do also think that Rovers sold Wharton on the cheap, and had we waited until the summer to make a sale then

1 - Rovers would not be in the position they are in

2 - Rovers would have got at least as much as Bristol City got from Bournemouth for Scott (£25M+)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

That Scott must be some player at £25million, because people are telling me on here that AW wasn’t a steal for Palace at £18million.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Congratulation to Ipswich.  Well done for ignoring the advice from our idiot former manager (Mr Lemon drizzle) and going for two successive promotions. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Congratulation to Ipswich.  Well done for ignoring the advice from our idiot former manager (Mr Lemon drizzle) and going for two successive promotions. 

I hope they buy Travis, though, I suspect not, seeing as he has barely played in recent games. He’s been a solid player but it’s got really stale and I think he felt the same and hence wanted to move.

• Like 1

Yeah Travis probably needs a move elsewhere at this point, but it won't be to Ipswich. He was very much a bit-part player for them, sometimes not getting off the bench.

I'm not sure he starts for Rovers anyway, I'd have him as back-up to Tronstad while JRC needs to stay in the middle as well, where he can make more impact on games than at RB. So he'd be third choice at best. He is a squad player wherever he goes IMO unless he drops down to League One.