BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

Where I live we have many different football allegiance's, Udders, both Sheff clubs and Barnsley mostly. I was talking to a neighbours son who was telling me that he was on the pitch at Oakwell on Saturday and the reason:

They've squeezed into league 1 playoffs after a home draw with Northampton 🤣

Now I'm all for pitch invasions, but my god, I'd have been sneaking out at full time if that was us, not running on the pitch to celebrate! 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Where I live we have many different football allegiance's, Udders, both Sheff clubs and Barnsley mostly. I was talking to a neighbours son who was telling me that he was on the pitch at Oakwell on Saturday and the reason:

They've squeezed into league 1 playoffs after a home draw with Northampton 🤣

Now I'm all for pitch invasions, but my god, I'd have been sneaking out at full time if that was us, not running on the pitch to celebrate! 

If only we could be in top 6 following a home draw!!!  Think I'd be opening a nice red.

On 27/04/2024 at 07:57, Gav said:

Well congratulations to Leicester City on promotion back to Premiership at the first attempt. It cannot be underestimated how tough this must have been with a £60m wage bill and most of those Premiership players retained for this season. 

Well done Leicester...

Well congratulations to Leicester City on winning Championship. It cannot be underestimated how tough this must have been with a £60m wage bill and most of those Premiership players retained for this season. A couple of goals from £140k a week Jamie Vardy must have been the icing on the cake. 

Well done Leicester...

• Like 1

On 27/04/2024 at 22:07, BRFC4EVA said:

Stick a tenner on an accumulator for Leicester, plymouth, b'ham and sheff wed all to win and at least if it comes off you have paid for your league 1 S/T.

I wouldn't buy a L1 season ticket.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Why do folk still refer to the Premier League as the Premiership? The Premiership ceased to exist in 2001

So we have never won the Premier League then? 
I still refer to the Second Division because it’s full of second rate teams. 

• Backroom

I know you make your own luck to a degree but I really feel Ipswich have had a ridiculous amount of it this season and just rode it all the way 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Ianrally said:

So we have never won the Premier League then? 
I still refer to the Second Division because it’s full of second rate teams. 

So by your reasoning we won the first division in 1995? 

• Like 1

• Backroom
On 06/08/2023 at 17:22, DE. said:

You look at Ipswich's side and there's a lot of players there who are unproven in this league, have been relegated from the Championship or transferred from the Championship to League 1 last season. Think the hype around Ipswich might be a bit much, if they finish mid-table they'll have done well with their current squad imo. They look incredibly nervous every time Sunderland come forward. 

Up there with my worst ever takes for sure. Incredible season for Town, just a point needed at home to Hudds to get promoted now. If we ever get rid of Venky's there's no reason it can't be us. Shame on them for running this club so poorly we've never even been in the championship playoffs once in their entire tenure. 

• Like 7

Fair play to Ipswich, can’t help but feel a bit jealous , massive egg on my face as I told a fan at the start of the season that they would probably get relegated if they had Walton in goal. 
still, they will get battered next year 

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Strange to see Lewis Travis celebrating with Ipswich players after their win at Coventry tonight.

We well and truly fckued up there

He’s played less than 200 minutes across half a season. Doesn’t even make their squad half the time. 

He might come in handy in league 1 mind you. We can do better in the Championship though (see Trondstad)

• Like 1

Let's not suddenly start thinking Travis is good. He's a mascot for Ipswich.

He would have been useful to us in the relegation battle though.

A move that happened way too early in the window, as many fans predicted, apart from the "be patient", "the club knows what they're doing", "I'll judge when the window's over" brigade.

• Like 6

Hes a good Championship midfielder, he proved that over a period of time for us in teams that were in the top half.

He isn't a stand out one although anyone had their work cut out getting into a team that has consistently been fighting at the top and is going to get automatic promotion, with their 2 midfielders being consistently excellent all season.

Hes also a leader which is something we sorely lack.

We have a very small number of Championship quality players so giving one up who also had that leadership was utterly stupid.

If he comes back, he would play a regular role next season. This season he was being asked to do things he isn't comfortable doing ie playing much further up in a team that tried to play a certain way around one special talent that we then sold. Im not sure there is a massive gulf in quality between him and Tronstad, they were not being asked to do the same job when they played but Travis is also very capable at being a more destructive player like Tronstad is, who himself is limited on the ball. The 2 might work well together as im not convinced that JRC is best suited in a midfield 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Like with many others Ipswich's change in fortunes started with a change in ownership.

Everything else has flowed directly from that - new investment, personnel changes, engaged fanbase, good young manager, squad development.

Without a change in ownership they'd probably still be stuck in League One and getting gates of 15,000.

Until or unless we get a change in ownership we will never get close to doing what they have done. Nothing to do with geography, history, 'small town' stuff. 

Just fresh ideas and investment and people running the show who know what they are doing. 

Still so many cannot understand or accept this and persist with the delusion that we need to stick with Venkys or that they will suddenly learn and change.

Those people are either Dingles or are mentally deficient.

Claiming venkys have been anything other than a total disaster is on the same level as claiming the earth is flat or that dinosaurs didn't exist.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I know you make your own luck to a degree but I really feel Ipswich have had a ridiculous amount of it this season and just rode it all the way 

Yep, incredibly lucky. 

You make your own luck with the way they play - just relentlessly positive and attacking - but just look at our game at Ewood. Two 'offside' goals and a GK throwing a weak shot into his own net.

• Like 1

Got a gut feeling Hull are gunna save us here. Can see shef weds getting a result, and can see us losing. Birmingham need a win mind and norwhich are safe in playoffs..

Will be alot of top half team losing results going against us if relegated!