BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Criminal to do that twice.

Now wonder manager's lose the plot. Must be so frustrating after all the tactical work they put in.

Yeah, they'd been strong in the second half up until that point as well. Just seemed to collectively switch off when the corner was taken. 

25 minutes ago, DE. said:

Could have had Batth on a free in the summer - instead we penny pinch based on his age and end up bringing in McFadz in January who is, what, four years older? And probably on a similar wage. Our recruitment team just cannot handle being on a limited budget. Granted I'm not sure they can handle being on a decent budget either, but we likely won't see that again under Venky's anyway. 

Isn't it pretty clear by now that our recruitment team (incl. Broughton) have next to no authority to make transfers?

They wanted Batth, but it was vetoed, yet Fleck and McFadzean were rushed through in January. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Silas said:

Yes, we've ballsed many things up. I don't personally blame it all on JE, although he's tough to warm to.

Could be argued the first major turning point towards relegation danger was the transfer day shambles. And that's firmly on GB.

It definitely does (or could) matter who does what and when from here though. What's gone before is in the past. We can disect that in a week when we know what league we're in. 

The whole situation is due to the owners. Nobody else. 

• Like 2

Brilliant result. That equalier could be the difference between us staying up and going down imo. Hull will be desperate to beat Plymouth now and Norwich are not mathematically there so probably will go full strength against Birmingham.

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Hull lucky to get a point in the end, it was a tough watch but we have them going for the win v Plymouth . Genuinely think that game is our best hope 

Same here. Hull score bagful of goals and are good away. The incentive of getting a top 6 spot as well means this will be an incredibly tough game for Plymouth. Exactly what we wanted.

Also means Leicester can win the title before we play them which significantly boosts our chances of getting something against them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Same here. Hull score bagful of goals and are good away. The incentive of getting a top 6 spot as well means this will be an incredibly tough game for Plymouth. Exactly what we wanted.

Also means Leicester can win the title before we play them which significantly boosts our chances of getting something against them.

Gentlemen’s agreement for a point , they can run out their ressies, cmon Leicester , we have a decent relationship I think….

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The whole situation is due to the owners. Nobody else. 

Agree entirely. 

Doesn't mean I don't also judge those earning money down the chain...beneath those owners that are to blame. 

It's like the PGMOL has totally cocked up VAR and the setup instructions. So should I absolve every referee howler underneath that guidance?  Or know they're ultimately to blame, but the staff under them should be doing better too. 

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Gentlemen’s agreement for a point , they can run out their ressies, cmon Leicester , we have a decent relationship I think….

We're members of an exclusive club. PL winners need to look out for each other.

27 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Stick a tenner on an accumulator for Leicester, plymouth, b'ham and sheff wed all to win and at least if it comes off you have paid for your league 1 S/T.

Sheff Wed only need a draw. 

19 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Leicester will want to join the 100 points club. 

9 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Hutchinson on loan at Ipswich from Chelsea. Quality loan players are out there, yet GB gets Moran etc 

Moran played well in the first half of the season, he has 9 assists so clearly he must performed well for some of the season

8 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Hull's #9 looks brilliant. What a bit of pace can do.

Its what we lacked for months, pace wide and striker who knows where the goal is. This must be rectify in the summer by us 

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Good loans cost money. We don't have any.

We do, it just doesn’t go on the team.

• Like 1

This is funny. Watch Chansiri's reaction and the security guard too. It reminds me of the Rovers can who asked Kean for a picture and when Kean stood next to him the lad shouted 'Kean out'.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This is funny. Watch Chansiri's reaction and the security guard too. It reminds me of the Rovers can who asked Kean for a picture and when Kean stood next to him the lad shouted 'Kean out'.

If that were our owners there'd be a line of so called fans lining up to lick their boots.

3 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Same here. Hull score bagful of goals and are good away. The incentive of getting a top 6 spot as well means this will be an incredibly tough game for Plymouth. Exactly 2 of Hull, what we wanted.

Leicester are already promoted. Whether they are playing for top or second won't matter to them. They'll be full of confidence and wanting to put on a show for their fans. 

Rovers are going to need help from 2 of Hull, Norwich, and Sunderland to stay up. 

1 minute ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Leicester are already promoted. Whether they are playing for top or second won't matter to them. They'll be full of confidence and wanting to put on a show for their fans. 

Rovers are going to need help from 2 of Hull, Norwich, and Sunderland to stay up. 

Only need help from one of them in order for us to stay up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Only need help from one of them in order for us to stay up.

Ah, OK. I had to do some permutations to figure it out. If Sheff Wed win or draw and the other two win, Rovers go down with a loss. Lesser results than that for any or all 3 keep Rovers up.

Rovers - win 53, draw 51, loss 50

Sheff Wed - win 53, draw 51, loss 50

Plymouth - win 51, draw, 49, loss 48

Birmingham - win 50 (+better gd), draw 48, loss 47

• Like 2