BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I think a midfield 3 of Tronstad, Travis and Ayari would have been the strongest we could have lined up in the 2nd half of the season.

we haven't play with a 3 man midfield? 

also No JRC in that midfield? 

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Realistically he was captain in name only - he'd not been playing and Hyam had assumed the role.

But that aside, I agree it was a strange move from our point of view.
Made even stranger by bringing in Fleck on £20k per week.

I think a midfield 3 of Tronstad, Travis and Ayari would have been the strongest we could have lined up in the 2nd half of the season.

Id be amazed if Fleck was on near £20k, he will have been paid up to leave Sheff Utd.

Either way, whatever we spent on a guy with a plate in his leg was a waste.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You and others know exactly why Travis left Rovers cos he was unhappy about not playing the position he wanted too and Tronstad has been excellent in there and been our second best player all season, so would Travis had got a look in if JDT was here? probably not. Also let not forget he wanted out last summer aswell. Of course the footballing reasons add up cos JDT wouldn't play him in the 6 role 

Also factor in that we brought in Ayari and Fleck in January so did we actually save any money? not in my opinion

If you say so.

Do you deliberately just ignore everything else that has gone on at the club over the last 3 years when you delude yourself that we are a normal functioning organisation or does it happen subconsciously?

Your account, stated as fact, is possible.

My account is just as possible.

My account suggests he was rapidly offloaded because of financial concerns, the owners and spivs they employ quite happy to save on the wages for half a season.

Your account suggests that we make our transfer decisions based on what is best for the manager / team. I'd suggest we don't, one look at our overall transfer business is evidence of that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Id be amazed if Fleck was on near £20k, he will have been paid up to leave Sheff Utd.

Agreed.

It was panic time when they'd grabbed the cash and left us woefully short. So it was speed dial to whoever was available.

Fleck was getting no game time at Sheffield and was told his time was up. He had the chance to come here, play a few games and see how it went with his injury. 

I suspect Sheffield paid up all or most of his remaining deal with them and we paid a small portion of it or even a pay as you play arrangement. 

They were happy to oblige, got him fixed up elsewhere and off their books earlier than expected.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If you say so.

Do you deliberately just ignore everything else that has gone on at the club over the last 3 years when you delude yourself that we are a normal functioning organisation or does it happen subconsciously?

Your account, stated as fact, is possible.

My account is just as possible.

My account suggests he was rapidly offloaded because of financial concerns, the owners and spivs they employ quite happy to save on the wages for half a season.

Your account suggests that we make our transfer decisions based on what is best for the manager / team. I'd suggest we don't, one look at our overall transfer business is evidence of that.

I look at JDT comments about why Travis left Rovers. Travis wasn't playing the role he wanted for us and wanted out. 

Your financial point doesn't stack when we brought in Fleck and Ayari in January. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I look at JDT comments about why Travis left Rovers. Travis wasn't playing the role he wanted for us and wanted out. 

Your financial point doesn't stack when we brought in Fleck and Ayari in January. 

Errrr....didn't we give someone away for a few million in January???

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who was paying JDT's wages when he said that?

See above. They were signed with the crumbs that fell off the table once they'd offloaded Travis and Wharton and realised they were catapulting us towards relegation.

Ayari, like Moran, a kid costing very little and Brighton quite happy to have him here playing games. See Khadra and Van Hecke. 

A youngster on loan is not evidence of financial health, quite the opposite.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Who was paying JDT's wages when he said that?

See above. They were signed with the crumbs that fell off the table once they'd offloaded Travis and Wharton and realised they were catapulting us towards relegation.

Ayari, like Moran, a kid costing very little and Brighton quite happy to have him here playing games. See Khadra and Van Hecke. 

A youngster on loan is not evidence of financial health, quite the opposite.

JDT was open and honest with the media. He told you the situation. Disbelief him if you want. 

Ayari was signed the same week as Travis left. Ayari fitted how JDT wanted to play as a 8

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seen £20k pw for Fleck from a number of sources - sure it'd been confirmed somewhere.
Absolute madness.

And for JRC, he's a better RB than Brittain for me (and I actually don't mind Brittain).
JRC looks lost in midfield under Eustace.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

JDT was open and honest with the media. He told you the situation. Disbelief him if you want. 

Ayari was signed the same week as Travis left. Ayari fitted how JDT wanted to play as a 8

Of course. I'm not going to persuade you otherwise, you can keep repeating this it won't change my mind.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Seen £20k pw for Fleck from a number of sources - sure it'd been confirmed somewhere.
Absolute madness.

And for JRC, he's a better RB than Brittain for me (and I actually don't mind Brittain).
JRC looks lost in midfield under Eustace.

The sources you see online usually just regurgitate wages from football manager, and it will be based on his Sheff United wage. He may have been on that there, but he wont have just continued on that same wage here.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The sources you see online usually just regurgitate wages from football manager, and it will be based on his Sheff United wage. He may have been on that there, but he wont have just continued on that same wage here.

You never know, this is Blackburn Rovers and there's an agents commission involved.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Of course. I'm not going to persuade you otherwise, you can keep repeating this it won't change my mind.

Fair enough..

I don't think he should gone if we knew JDT was going and take the Swedish national team job. We should have replace him in January and bring in players that Head coach wanted

Whichever way you look at what has happened this season at our club, if we do survive, will we have learned our lessons and will ensure it doesn’t happen again, or will we still be fed a load of nonsense about changes in tax laws meaning the owners can’t send any funds, which in reality means a court rule that they are a bunch of con men. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Ayari fitted what JDT wanted why did he only put him on the pitch for 61 minutes of the 5 matches he was available to him?

11 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Different league but surprising too see empty seats in the Bolton 'Biggest Club in Lancashire' End tonight at Oakwell!

same here,terrible game incidentally,barnsley are terrible and bolton just content to sit and foul them,they`ll need 11 new players if they are going to compete in the championship

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Anyone linked with Morgan Whittaker? We might need him once Sammie's off

We have already got cover for Sammies position in Sigurdsson, Markanday and Dolan.

Edited by rigger

56 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Different league but surprising too see empty seats in the Bolton 'Biggest Club in Lancashire' End tonight at Oakwell!

Bolton sold out within the first hour of going on sale. My mate at work missed out.

I presume Barnsley didn’t offer the full end