BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

On 05/05/2024 at 23:20, 47er said:

There are plenty Rovers fans who are sad he left for that matter! I'm not one of them though!.

As someone wrote above, if you want to stabilise forever in the Championship, Tony is your man.

On a big budget.

Hull have made a big mistake sacking Rosenior, I think that he has a big future ahead of him in management. I would be elated if we admitted we'd made the wrong appointment with Eustace, binned him off and brought Rosenior in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very surprised by Hull decision to sack Rosenior now. 

He will have offers this summer I would imagine

Yeh agreed. Seems very ungrateful for his efforts. 

Wonder if it were a mutual agreement rather than sacking? 

Rosenior had far better conditions and backing than JDT had in his first season and has delivered the same league position.

Done reasonably well and realistically looking at the 6 above them in the table couldn't have expected much higher.

Why it was even more important to get top 6 last season when competing with the likes of Luton, Coventry and Sunderland rather than Southampton, Leeds, West Brom.

But had huge backing by Championship standards and missed out.

For an ambitious owner rather than one on autopilot that isn't enough.

All about getting to the PL asap, unless you are Venkys of course

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Hull have made a big mistake sacking Rosenior, I think that he has a big future ahead of him in management. I would be elated if we admitted we'd made the wrong appointment with Eustace, binned him off and brought Rosenior in.

On the face of it, yes, but he's been allowed to spend a lot of money at Hull.

They were clearly expecting promotion (or at least playoffs) this year.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Rosenior had far better conditions and backing than JDT had in his first season and has delivered the same league position.

Done reasonably well and realistically looking at the 6 above them in the table couldn't have expected much higher.

Why it was even more important to get top 6 last season when competing with the likes of Luton, Coventry and Sunderland rather than Southampton, Leeds, West Brom.

But had huge backing by Championship standards and missed out.

For an ambitious owner rather than one on autopilot that isn't enough.

All about getting to the PL asap, unless you are Venkys of course

If we had have qualified for the playoffs and even won them I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd have sacked JDT and caused as much mayhem as possible to make sure we were relegated back down.

Let's not forget this season they once again deliberately tried to relegate the club.

• Downvote 2

Just now, Upside Down said:

If we had have qualified for the playoffs and even won them I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd have sacked JDT and caused as much mayhem as possible to make sure we were relegated back down.

Let's not forget this season they once again deliberately tried to relegate the club.

They don’t want Blackburn Rovers putting their head above the parapet. The don’t want the Premier league spotlight shining on them. Once you get that in your head you’ll sleep much more soundly.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They don’t want Blackburn Rovers putting their head above the parapet. The don’t want the Premier league spotlight shining on them. Once you get that in your head you’ll sleep much more soundly.

Exactly what I've been saying for years.

It's a 'conspiracy theory' apparently, despite every single action they take supporting this argument.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If they don't want the Premier League spotlight shining on them - for some unexplained reason - why buy a Premier League club in the first place ?

I’ve always gone with Occam’s Razor with regards to these owners; they are arrogant, neglectful fools, I don’t really go in for active sabotage.

However, there’s also no point in trying to square their intentions in 2010 to what they are in 2024, I see no evidence that they want PL football for Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Undoubtedly things have shifted with regards to their intentions from what they were in 2010 to what they are today.

I too don't subscribe to the active sabotage theory, but the fact that they have had not one but two promotion opportunities unexpectedly drop into their lap in the last couple of years and done absolutely nothing to try to take advantage of that, tells me that we are well and truly at the back of their minds.

People may want to continue to delude themselves that these people have any degree of interest, pride, care, ambition for this club but I think basically we are a loss making entity that they have zero interest in, and essentially their involvement goes as far as sanctioning an annual budget in the summer and leaving the jokers in the boardroom to do what they want/can with that amount.

Deliberate or not it will only lead to one thing. There's no place in any industry, professional sport especially, for people who aren't interested or committed.

Signing off another round of share issue every few months to cover the debt isn't commitment for the purposes of driving an organisation forward, it's just doing the necessary to keep the lights on and bailiffs away. It isn't good enough.

Totally agree. Good post. 

Really good post that @JHRover

Now that we've seen Ipswich and Luton go up, the argument that you need the parachute money to compete is looking somewhat shaky. What a surprise that both clubs have owners and managers who are completely aligned, on and off the field.

Can you imagine us signing a player like Kiefer Moore in January last year under JDT, or even the Mowbray season before the decline? Just wouldn't happen. That's a normal footballing decision that normal well run clubs do. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Undoubtedly things have shifted with regards to their intentions from what they were in 2010 to what they are today.

I too don't subscribe to the active sabotage theory, but the fact that they have had not one but two promotion opportunities unexpectedly drop into their lap in the last couple of years and done absolutely nothing to try to take advantage of that, tells me that we are well and truly at the back of their minds.

People may want to continue to delude themselves that these people have any degree of interest, pride, care, ambition for this club but I think basically we are a loss making entity that they have zero interest in, and essentially their involvement goes as far as sanctioning an annual budget in the summer and leaving the jokers in the boardroom to do what they want/can with that amount.

Deliberate or not it will only lead to one thing. There's no place in any industry, professional sport especially, for people who aren't interested or committed.

Signing off another round of share issue every few months to cover the debt isn't commitment for the purposes of driving an organisation forward, it's just doing the necessary to keep the lights on and bailiffs away. It isn't good enough.

The only way around this is an effective Football Governance Bill. In particular, the "fit and proper" test needs to be changed to cover 3 years only, with re-testing mandatory

It just seems a really unfair situation in that your financial performance is reviewed in cycles, which may mean you are penalised on the pitch, but effectively the people in charge of the commercial operation are not reviewed. This season it became abundantly clear that, for a period of time, the Rao family were not fit and proper owners according to the FA test. They were not allowed to fund their business without third party clearance. The club may say that this is now over, however the Rovers essentially lost a season of its history, and could have suffered a relegation because of those problems

A similar situation lead to Tony Xia selling his stake in Aston Villa. The Chinese govt got involved and the rest is history. Here, the owners were very clear they had no intention of trying to move the club forward, and instead settled for a season of barely treading water whilst they fixed their own problems. We aren't even any of the wiser of whether it is resolved yet. It could be another season where a town club thousands of miles away in England suffers because of a tax dispute with the Indian government... A really bizarre situation. Globalism at its worst

The FA really need to get a grip. But I am starting to think HMRC doesn't want any true football reform. Their tax receipts owing to the English pyramid must be huge. Why change something that is working so well for them? It seems like a real easy win for any government to try and tackle this, but at the moment they are just skirting around the edges

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Now that we've seen Ipswich and Luton go up, the argument that you need the parachute money to compete is looking somewhat shaky. What a surprise that both clubs have owners and managers who are completely aligned, on and off the field.

Can you imagine us signing a player like Kiefer Moore in January last year under JDT, or even the Mowbray season before the decline? Just wouldn't happen. That's a normal footballing decision that normal well run clubs do. 

One thing though is that Ipswich and Luton are outliers

By and large, parachute payments are strangling EFL clubs. Since their introduction the league tables suggest that you are far more likely to go up if you are in receipt of them. The simple fact of the matter that you receive 5 times more money than everybody else means you are at a competitive advantage

Again though, they exist solely to prop up the unsustainable Premier League. It isn't addressing the problem, it is just making more clubs part of the 'winners' group, whilst making it even more difficult for everybody else

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If they don't want the Premier League spotlight shining on them - for some unexplained reason - why buy a Premier League club in the first place ?

That question has been answered quite a few times already, so of it proven and come of if speculation

There is one thing that jumps out to everyone prepared to look and that is the destruction of everything that had worked for years, so it is hard not to believe that they wanted us out of the premier league as quickly as possible.

They very nearly relegated us in their first part season and managed it in their first full season. After that, they nearly managed back to back relegations, despite us being favourites to go straight back up and have since managed to relegate us to the third tier and nearly did it again, this season.

For billionaires, who we are told never fail to sign a cheque, this is one hell of a record, so something tells me they are totally incompetent or corrupt. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Indeed. If the owners were interested or determined to get us promoted they would have been touching down (metaphorically or literally) at Ewood in December / January in the last 2 years and providing resources needed to try and get us over the line.

No guarantees of success of course but you'd be desperate to do whatever you possibly could to keep it going and get to the holy land. Top 2 was there for hitting, top 6 as a minimum.

What we saw wasn't that, but rather a heavily restricted and maxed-out budget operation at Ewood bringing in a few loans of largely inadequate quality but pretty much all they could do with the resources available.

You certainly don't sit around wailing about FFP or potential future problems. You act, hope it works, and if it doesn't you deal with it later by selling someone and juggling things around.

They just haven't the interest. I very much doubt they even know we were in a promotion push, it makes no difference to them, I doubt they will yet know we have nearly been relegated (again) or care.

I think Waggott and Pasha are instructed to not bother them more than once per year or if not instructed to do so then they certainly aren't going to go out of their way to do it.

The 'owners statements' we've had recently little more than Waggott and Pasha putting a few bits down which they are permitted to do.

Mowbray, JDT, the players and fans deserved better. The owners have, through their negligence and disinterest, sunk promotion hopes.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

To anybody who has not watched the extended interview with Steven Warnock I can really recommend it. The bit were he’s discussing the shenanigans at Leeds under that new owner will ring bells for us at Rovers. The downscaling of resources etc.

The bit that shocked me the most was the revelation that the Walker Trust  forced through the sale of Santa Cruz, Warnock and another player who’s name I forget ( might be Matt Derbyshire ) to make the books look healthier prior to the sale of the club to the Chicken Chokers !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, lraC said:

That question has been answered quite a few times already, so of it proven and come of if speculation

There is one thing that jumps out to everyone prepared to look and that is the destruction of everything that had worked for years, so it is hard not to believe that they wanted us out of the premier league as quickly as possible.

They very nearly relegated us in their first part season and managed it in their first full season. After that, they nearly managed back to back relegations, despite us being favourites to go straight back up and have since managed to relegate us to the third tier and nearly did it again, this season.

For billionaires, who we are told never fail to sign a cheque, this is one hell of a record, so something tells me they are totally incompetent or corrupt. 

I've always said if you told me they were Burnley fans I'd believe you.