BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Rowett a strong option for a struggling side.

Birmingham owners a bit clueless with the Rooney thing but like most will take drastic action where required to try and save their Championship status.

You compare to what has happened here this season and in 2017 where relegation is practically invited by the owners.

This year it's been deliberately engineered.

• Like 4

On 14/03/2024 at 00:55, JHRover said:

Mowbray had a Championship budget for 4 years and with the exception of Armstrong in his final summer wasn't compelled to sell anyone.

In the 18 months since he left we've sold pretty much everyone of value or experience and replaced with much cheaper / academy players and adopted a League One level budget.

He knew what was coming alright.

These are other factors that will get ignored and overlooked when they put us back in League One and the Mowbray acolytes are out in force telling everyone how great it was under Tony and what a fab job he did. 

Problem under Mowbray's tenure was that when Covid came the club froze all contract renewals. We lost a lot of money and ground on that strategy. Fantastic effort by JDT last season but this season his already depleted squad was even further decimated - and it was a bit puzzling how well we played in the beginning of this season.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Hasta said:

Sheff Wednesday game now 12.30 on a Sunday on Sky.

Yay .

Completely messed our weekend plans up for this. No child care cover now for this one. 

Looks like a night on the piss in Leeds instead. Any idea how many tickets Leeds are releasing? 

4 hours ago, B16Rover said:

Ashley Barnes banned from all UK race courses.  Wonder what the Dingle has been doing to the horses 

owns a couple of horses and looks like he,along with the trainer have been attempting to profit from the non performance of one of his horses,i.e they`ve been betting on it not to win,always gets you a lengthy ban if you get found out🙂,when he retires from football,barnes is the type who will end up living in a shop doorway

• Like 1

20 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

owns a couple of horses and looks like he,along with the trainer have been attempting to profit from the non performance of one of his horses,i.e they`ve been betting on it not to win,always gets you a lengthy ban if you get found out🙂,when he retires from football,barnes is the type who will end up living in a shop doorway

Jockey was suspended (still is) but the trainer actually wasn’t involved and subsequently instructed the owner to remove both of his horses from his yard (obviously indicating he thinks the owner and jockey had colluded). It’s pretty blatant when you see the race. The investigation is still ongoing 9 months on with the BHA saying the jockey and the owners are not co-operating. I would speculate they will have been able to trace who made money from the horse losing and that may have led back to Barnes.

Edited by Hasta

18 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I know nothing about horse race betting thank god. I’ve seen a few guys whose lives have been dominated by it.
How do you bet on a horse not to win ?

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know nothing about horse race betting thank god. I’ve seen a few guys whose lives have been dominated by it.
How do you bet on a horse not to win ?

On betting exchanges- Betfair being the biggest. Works like a stock/currency market.

You can place back bets as normal, or you can be the ‘bookie’ and lay bets that others will back. So you can lay £1000 on a horse, if the horse wins you lose the grand to whoever backed it with you, if the horse loses you’ll take the grand off whoever backed it with you.

So obviously inside knowledge of a horse’s form/wellness etc could see you clean up as a layer.

Edited by Mattyblue

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

On betting exchanges- Betfair being the biggest. Works like a stock/currency market.

You can place back bets as normal, or you can be the ‘bookie’ and lay bets that others will back. So you can lay £1000 on a horse, if the horse wins you lose the grand to whoever backed it with you, if the horse loses you’ll take the grand off whoever backed it with you.

So obviously inside knowledge of a horse’s form/wellness etc could see you clean up as a layer.

Thanks, sounds like a minefield to me.

The body language of the Leicester players after going behind was shocking. Out of the current top three they might be the ones to miss out on automatic promotion.