BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They’ve loaned players to go almost straight into the first 11. We loan players to sit on the bench.

I honestly don't see the point of us "utilising the loan market" every window when all we ever do is bring in players who wouldn't even get a game in the U21s. If we're going to play players who can't hack it at this level they may as well at least be our own.

• Like 3

To be fair to old Tony, we did have some top loanees in his time. Elliott, Tosin and Harwood-Bellis were top class players. Branthwaite didn't shine but is now highly regarded as a future England player

It has to be said the current lot are a poor bunch. 

• Like 5

On 10/03/2024 at 22:03, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They’ve loaned players to go almost straight into the first 11. We loan players to sit on the bench.

Worse, we loan players that at best should be on the bench but play regardless, step forward you Moran.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Worse, we loan players that at best should be on the bench but play regardless, step forward you Moran.

our recruitment since broughton and kimberley landed has been truly abysmal,baring tronstadt,it`s been a conveyor of shite,you can`t count smzodics,hyam and brittain ,they were on mowbrays list,i did`nt think much of tony,but credit to him,his transfer dealings were generally good

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

our recruitment since broughton and kimberley landed has been truly abysmal,baring tronstadt,it`s been a conveyor of shite,you can`t count smzodics,hyam and brittain ,they were on mowbrays list,i did`nt think much of tony,but credit to him,his transfer dealings were generally good

He had a lot of connections within the game.

And had way more money to spend.

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

They've brought in 5 times more staff and done 5 times worse. 

Mowbray had a Championship budget for 4 years and with the exception of Armstrong in his final summer wasn't compelled to sell anyone.

In the 18 months since he left we've sold pretty much everyone of value or experience and replaced with much cheaper / academy players and adopted a League One level budget.

He knew what was coming alright.

These are other factors that will get ignored and overlooked when they put us back in League One and the Mowbray acolytes are out in force telling everyone how great it was under Tony and what a fab job he did. 

• Like 4

As far as the relegation battle is concerned it could be pretty important whether or not Leicester have been automatically promoted before they play us on the final day.

If they've been on the lash for a while and are mentally on the beach it "shouldn't" do us any harm.

Although I'm sure we'd still find a way to look the more sluggish and less motivated of the two sides.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Leeds  allowing Paveda to leave on a free at the end of the season apparently.

Better than what we have?

Only a goer if we stay in the Championship of course.

Hard to judge on his time here, struggled for his first few cameos then put in a brilliant performance v Sheffield United and one or two other good cameos before injury. Has been very good for Sheffield Wednesday now hes getting a run of games.

But wil probably want above minimum wage.

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Hopefully Ipswich come to Ewood with the attitude, that they just have to turn up, to win. 

Nothing I’ve seen and heard about them suggests that will be the case. They’ve got the best young manager in the league for me. He’ll have them ready. What will be in our favour is they’ll come to win, they won’t be parking the bus and hoping for a point. I can see a repeat of the Newcastle game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nothing I’ve seen and heard about them suggests that will be the case. They’ve got the best young manager in the league for me. He’ll have them ready. What will be in our favour is they’ll come to win, they won’t parking the bus and hoping for a point. I can see a repeat of the Newcastle game.

I am not saying that will be the case. But it will help us, if it is.

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nothing I’ve seen and heard about them suggests that will be the case. They’ve got the best young manager in the league for me. He’ll have them ready. What will be in our favour is they’ll come to win, they won’t be parking the bus and hoping for a point. I can see a repeat of the Newcastle game.

A loss then.

Looks like Venus has been found out at Big Club. They’re looking to bring in Rowett again. Doesn’t bode well for Mogadon, I wonder that his treatment is going to take much longer. Didn’t particularly like him but wish him all the best. 

• Like 1

Rowett a strong option for a struggling side.

Birmingham owners a bit clueless with the Rooney thing but like most will take drastic action where required to try and save their Championship status.

You compare to what has happened here this season and in 2017 where relegation is practically invited by the owners.