BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

27 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It's not new. It was a big problem under Mowbray and has continued. Points to lack of fitness maybe, poor concentration and poor game management - leaders on the pitch who know how to see out games. 

That stat is no surprise this season. Bringing on the likes of Markanday, Moran, Garrett, Telalovic et al means you are relying on league 1/2 players to see the game out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Foster is style over substance, much like a lot of managers, including our previous one!

They hadn't scored a goal at home for 5 matches. He deserved the sack. Appointing your Director of Football as interim manager is something that even Venkys haven't done (yet!).

Its been 11 games. That's it. Plymouth have panic here for me. 

You wanted that type of coach who plays that style and yet again this points to a flaw in the recruitment process that led to his appointment by director of football and Chairman. No replacement line up and its now been left to Director of Football and assistant head coach for the rest of the season

23 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

and if games started in the 76th minute…

IMG_1605.thumb.jpeg.e1a45d4f87140f6fa077fb38f5034ac8.jpeg

Shocking isn’t it. That says a lot about the mentality of everyone at the club.

” Lucky “ Ipswich have got 25 goals in that period and conceded 11. At the moment that’s a goal in more than every other game ! Rovers have scored 5 and conceded 21. 

A damning statistic that I would imagine has been the case with Rovers for the last few seasons.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Foster is style over substance, much like a lot of managers, including our previous one!

They hadn't scored a goal at home for 5 matches. He deserved the sack. Appointing your Director of Football as interim manager is something that even Venkys haven't done (yet!).

Not yet but you never know with them !

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Edwards and Millwall and now Foster at Plymouth. Coaching kids is no preparation for managing in the Championship. 

The questions who made these appointment is why did you make that appointment and what has change for you to make you change head coach again

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Shocking isn’t it. That says a lot about the mentality of everyone at the club.

” Lucky “ Ipswich have got 25 goals in that period and conceded 11. At the moment that’s a goal in more than every other game ! Rovers have scored 5 and conceded 21. 

A damning statistic that I would imagine has been the case with Rovers for the last few seasons.

The 76th minute onward tables for the previous three seasons have us finishing…

22/23.    7th

21/22     22nd 

20/21.   2nd 

• Like 1

What has changed? Probably a string of losses that makes you realise that you need to try to rectify the mistake you made rather than compounding it.

John Williams appointed Paul Ince, no one is perfect, he realised in time to bring in Big Sam.

• Like 3

Leicester make £90m loss last year, and that includes both Fofana and Maddison transfers (as they extended the period of publishing results to include Maddison which sounds dodgy alone). 

They had the biggest wage bill outside of the ‘big 6’ and still got relegated. An average wage of £90k per week per player!!

Based on what I read, even with promotion they’d have to find another £45m before June to avoid a points deduction in the prem, without promotion god knows what that number is but they’ll be in absolute free-fall. 
It’ll be tough cheering for Leeds, but Leicester really do not deserve promotion like this (I think Forest did similar and got up). Then again Leeds probably have similar accounts too. 

thread from the fans discussion if it’s if any interest to anyone

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/134474-accounts-2223/page/4/#comments

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

On 01/04/2024 at 22:59, wilsdenrover said:

Table excluding goals after 75 minutes…

IMG_1604.thumb.jpeg.18d4042c2e37504ef8e577b859c87937.jpeg

Whilst we might not have picked up many points under Eustace, not only have we slowed down the number of goals conceded we have stopped conceding a lot of late ones since he arrived. Just 1 so far after 75 minutes.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Whilst we might not have picked up many points under Eustace, not only have we slowed down the number of goals conceded we have stopped conceding a lot of late ones since he arrived. Just 1 so far after 75 minutes.

That’s essential in my eyes.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 21:12, superniko said:

Leicester make £90m loss last year, and that includes both Fofana and Maddison transfers (as they extended the period of publishing results to include Maddison which sounds dodgy alone). 

They had the biggest wage bill outside of the ‘big 6’ and still got relegated. An average wage of £90k per week per player!!

Based on what I read, even with promotion they’d have to find another £45m before June to avoid a points deduction in the prem, without promotion god knows what that number is but they’ll be in absolute free-fall. 
It’ll be tough cheering for Leeds, but Leicester really do not deserve promotion like this (I think Forest did similar and got up). Then again Leeds probably have similar accounts too. 

thread from the fans discussion if it’s if any interest to anyone

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/134474-accounts-2223/page/4/#comments

Yeah, relegation for them was disastrous - it absolutely wasn't in any of their contingency plans.

11 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Didn’t think I would be spending my Friday night watching Rotherham v Plymouth and hoping for a Rotherham win but this is where we are at 

And Rotherham were awful despite us wanting them to get something. It occurred to me whilst watching that we dropped nine points to those two and conceded eight goals in the process. Another five dropped against Huddersfield too. Just winning those games against poor teams would have put us on the cusp of the playoffs.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

And Rotherham were awful despite us wanting them to get something. It occurred to me whilst watching that we dropped nine points to those two and conceded eight goals in the process. Another five dropped against Huddersfield too. Just winning those games against poor teams would have put us on the cusp of the playoffs.

Nobody has ever cared about winning a game here for fourteen years.

Now making sure the losses are at the correct number...

1 loss in 6 for Eustace's Rovers, tempered by only 1 win though. A result on Wednesday will be immense as I expect zero points against Leeds on Saturday.

There is a full slate of Championship games midweek. 2 games feature teams directly above and below Rovers;

Plymouth v. QPR

Swansea v. Stoke

Should us Rovers fans hope for QPR and Swansea wins? 

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

1 loss in 6 for Eustace's Rovers, tempered by only 1 win though. A result on Wednesday will be immense as I expect zero points against Leeds on Saturday.

There is a full slate of Championship games midweek. 2 games feature teams directly above and below Rovers;

Plymouth v. QPR

Swansea v. Stoke

Should us Rovers fans hope for QPR and Swansea wins? 

Two draws and a win for us on Wednesday.

• Like 1

A 4-0 defeat at Ashton Gate is a "result",  albeit a bad one.

Still contemplating going to this, but the thought of a weary 4-hour battle each way on the M6 and M5 doesn't appeal.

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

A 4-0 defeat at Ashton Gate is a "result",  albeit a bad one.

Still contemplating going to this, but the thought of a weary 4-hour battle each way on the M6 and M5 doesn't appeal.

Jim, with your record mate.......

😅

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 3