BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Leicester are struggling now and I thought Bristol City played very well. They have no plan B. 

I think it will Leeds and Southampton for the top 2 going up at end of the season. 

No way Martin will mastermind an automatic promotion at Southampton. He's pretty clueless despite having an array of talent. Plus they are too far off the top 3. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

No way Martin will mastermind an automatic promotion at Southampton. He's pretty clueless despite having an array of talent. Plus they are too far off the top 3. 

Well that's my opinion based on watching the championship this season and Southampton have 2 games in hand btw also

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that's my opinion based on watching the championship this season and Southampton have 2 games in hand btw also

And mine is otherwise for the above reasons! Didnt realise it was 2 games in hand which paints a slightly false picture. But even if they win both they Still aren't in the top 2. They dropped points again today, so for me I can't see beyond a 3 horse raise for automatic promotion. 

Incidentally another poster made quite a good case that Southampton have the best squad in the division. Not sure I totally agree but it's certainly up there. That's a slightly different discussion though. 

Southampton have 2 games in hand over Ipswich and Leeds but just 1 in hand over Leicester who they are 8 points and a massively inferior GD behind.

Leicester have a game in hand over Ipswich and Leeds.

Southampton have to play all of the 3 teams currently above them. They have, on paper the most difficult run in.

Southampton will finish in the playoffs.

Ipswich the only one of the leading pack to get all 3 points today.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

some managerial achievement not to get that southampton side automatically promoted😃

8 hours ago, Blue blood said:

And mine is otherwise for the above reasons! Didnt realise it was 2 games in hand which paints a slightly false picture. But even if they win both they Still aren't in the top 2. They dropped points again today, so for me I can't see beyond a 3 horse raise for automatic promotion. 

Incidentally another poster made quite a good case that Southampton have the best squad in the division. Not sure I totally agree but it's certainly up there. That's a slightly different discussion though. 

I said months ago that Southampton had the best squad in the league and they would get top 2. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said months ago that Southampton had the best squad in the league and they would get top 2. 

Even the best squad struggles with a duff manager. For example Bowyer's talented  squad never got playoffs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Even the best squad struggles with a duff manager. For example Bowyer's talented  squad never got playoffs. 

Southampton still have to played the top 3 yet and I still back my opinion 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Southampton still have to played the top 3 yet and I still back my opinion 

Thats fine Chadster! It's called a debate! One person says I think X because of Y, the other says have you considered Z and so on. You engage and consider each others points, sometimes your opinion changes,  sometimes it doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Unfortunately for them they made a shite managerial appointment (well, actually not that unfortunate as they hired him).

Absolutely unbelievable that they appointed that tosser.

Him not getting that side promoted could be one of the failures of the century.

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Thats fine Chadster! It's called a debate! One person says I think X because of Y, the other says have you considered Z and so on. You engage and consider each others points, sometimes your opinion changes,  sometimes it doesn't. 

That's is why I said Southampton cos I think they will beat both Leicester and Ipswich. 

They have so many quality attacking players is also another reason why I am backing Southampton to finish top along with Leeds. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Southampton have 2 games in hand over Ipswich and Leeds but just 1 in hand over Leicester who they are 8 points and a massively inferior GD behind.

Leicester have a game in hand over Ipswich and Leeds.

Southampton have to play all of the 3 teams currently above them. They have, on paper the most difficult run in.

Southampton will finish in the playoffs.

Ipswich the only one of the leading pack to get all 3 points today.

Leicester are in ‘relative’ free fall.

They’ve only gained 2 points more than us since Eustace took over (albeit from one fewer games)