BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

Ilyas Chair Sentenced to 2 years in Belgium for whacking a bloke with a rock and fracturing his skull. Remains available for selection while the appeal takes place. Seems mental you can be found guilty and sentenced yet not be remanded awaiting the appeal. Imagine he keeps them up, loses the appeal and goes down. You'd think the clubs that are relegated at the cost of QPR would have something to say about it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Ilyas Chair Sentenced to 2 years in Belgium for whacking a bloke with a rock and fracturing his skull. Remains available for selection while the appeal takes place. Seems mental you can be found guilty and sentenced yet not be remanded awaiting the appeal. Imagine he keeps them up, loses the appeal and goes down. You'd think the clubs that are relegated at the cost of QPR would have something to say about it!

2 years, 1 of which is suspended. Presumably he's on bail pending appeal or something like that.

He pledge not guilty but was identified in court as the person responsible and still gets such a non sentence.

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Why. Thats the law. Nobody has broken any rules

I‘m not saying anyone has broken any rules, it’s just a system that leaves Chair eligible to play. Which is odd in comparison to the system here, it would be likely Chair having erm found guilty be remanded while an appeal took place. So had he not appealed he would now be banged up and obviously ineligible to play

12 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Chair hasn't got a leg to stand on and other clubs shouldn't be taking this sitting down. They should table a motion demanding he is benched until the appeal takes place. 

• Like 6

On 25/02/2024 at 00:31, AllRoverAsia said:

So, Southampton's surge to be in the the top 2 is having a bit of a hiccup. 

Not exactly unexpected.

Thanks Russell, keep up the good work.

Know the area from previous work down there and built up some contacts.  Think you will generally find there are many Saints' fans who dislike the bloke - both his persona and his abilities as a footballer manager.  Like me, mystified how he got the job with a track record that hadn't delivered much.  'Arrogant, cliche ridden useless prick' is one of the more polite statements I've heard!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Another place in which you have contacts!

They may well dislike him, he is easy to dislike, but hadnt they gone unbeaten in 20 odd games prior to this hiccup?

They do probably have the best squad in the division.  Personally I think that if someone else had been their manager this season rather than Martin, they would be ahead of Leicester in top spot

Edited by KentExile

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

They do probably have the best squad in the division.  Personally I think that if someone else had been their manager this season rather than Martin, they would be ahead of Leicester in top spot

I would have Leeds down as the best squad personally and Leicester above Southampton.

Leeds have a very strong first 11 (probably the best starting 11 in the division if everyone is fit) and a few players beyond that,  Southampton's squad is stronger (in my opinion) though.  Will give you that Leicester's squad runs them close

On 24/02/2024 at 12:15, Lancaster Rover said:

At the very least, you would think he would have his passport taken and asked to remain in Belgium until the appeal runs its course.

On 01/03/2024 at 19:04, wilsdenrover said:

Only if we’ve agreed to it…

IMG_1555.jpeg

I would be absolutely staggered if even Swag and Greg the egg had agreed to Travis being eligible to play against Rovers. However……………….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Nobend match at Southampton off due to fire on industrial estate next to the ground 

Hope their coach isn't as good as ours for the return journey 🙄