BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (H) - 05/08/2023

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn End isn't far from being full and Jack Walker looks busy. Hopefully 14k plus Rovers fans today. 

Yes Ewood Park. 

Brilliant, @chaddyrovers !😉😅😂🤣

And before anybody asks, I know, I know!! But I won't be fit enough to take my new seat in the JWU until the bandages can come off my left leg. (A month's time🤞)

• Like 7

Two really well taken goals. Really happy for the 2 scorers but think on the whole we haven’t been great.

Travis put a superb shift in. Tronstad grown into the game, looks tidy as a DM but cant play an attacking ball to save his life. 

Get Wharton on and we’ll boss the rest of this game

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 1

Started a bit rusty, but thought Trondstad grew into that, really liked him.

Freeing Trav to drive forward as well, very effective.

Thought Leonard’s overall game was superior to anything that Gallagher would have given us today, if I’m honest.

Only really Dolan as the negative, just doesn’t offer anything (barring one shot) and seems to lose the ball more often than not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

HT. Couldn’t have asked for much more than that. Tidy defending, both goals were beauties. 

spot on. Tronstad giving it away a few times but he is new so cant judge him on this first 45. couldnt ask for much more. glad we are scoring more than 1 in the first 45mins, let it continue!

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Thought Leonard’s overall game was superior to anything that Gallagher would have given us today, if I’m honest.

Only really Dolan as the negative, just doesn’t offer anything (barring one shot) and seems to lose the ball more often than not.

Didn’t he play that peach of a through ball to Leonard that ended in the Szmodics chance?

It seemed obvious early doors that Sam was on for a card so took him at 5/1 after the ref had a word with him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

HT. Couldn’t have asked for much more than that. Tidy defending, both goals were beauties. 

Tidy defending???

I realy don't know what you were watching, we have been awful at the back. Lucky not to have given away at least 1 penalty.

The real boost has been we have looked pretty incisive up front (except for Dolan who is not developing)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Yes but he's still need to prove something so hopefully he works his socks off second half and then Hedges replace him with 20 mins to go..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Do any of our lads hit the weights? Haha I'd bloody shrug of most of them, so weak physically most of them 

I think most guys would, it’s not possible to put on a lot of muscle with the amount of running pro footballers are asked to do. Most of them weigh less than 70kg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

I'm sure nobody was thrilled with the front line but whoever said it is the least threatening frontline in 30+ years must be eating some humble pie. 

It was me lol. Still think that, but they've done well today. We can't play with these three all season, we all know that.

• Like 3