BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023

27 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Every fanbase has it’s nobheads, don’t think we particularly have more. The main issue I have with away games is some people unofficially deciding away games are sit where you want whilst others demand to sit in their seat. I often end up with 10 people standing in the five seats surrounding me or, as happened today, a bunch of young lads in my seat refusing to move and people moving me on when I find another empty seat

I have every sympathy in your case duff, it’s not on and should be dealt with by the stewards, but this isn’t what 1864 is taking about with respect. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s a point more than we took from their joint last season - agree top entertainment with a few negative points. On the park Ennis showed skill, SD didn’t let his poor first half get him down , Pickering should have broken the net twice Gally should have as well with his header. The big negative for me are the complete fukwits who follow us away - outside and inside the ground we have some real turds following us

As does every club, we are not unique.

53 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Today could have been a snapshot of last season as for an hour we had very little intensity in our play, the passing was careless, far too many individual mistakes and too passive. The last half hour was what I remember from many games in the second half of the season when we were the polar opposite. Credit to Tomasson for his bold changes (there might be a valid point that he had no choice) and suddenly we were on top and the feeling amongst many Rovers fans was that if we could score we would get something. It's strange really because the shape didn't really change after the three substitutes came on but suddenly our side players were getting in behind and looking dangerous. And that's a criticism of Dolan and Markanday who I thought were poor with them both making too many wrong decisions and just didn't look threatening. Of course the sending off helped us too. I said yesterday that Rotherham are almost one dimensional and Hugill won nearly every header today against Carter and Hyam who I thought were both below par. Szmodics had a nightmare first hour. He simply couldn't do anything right but he didn't let it affect him and got his reward with a brace. His attitude is first class and why he has endeared himself to us. Ennis and Gallagher could both have scored as we created chance after chance. Pleasingly Adam Wharton looked more like himself in the second half as he started to thread his passes through.

All in all it was another performance that put us Rovers fans through the wringer and after being two down I'm certain the vast majority of us would have taken a draw but at the final whistle I personally felt a little disappointed not to have won.

I think Hugill would have been a reasonable signing in January, was very surprised when he joined Rotherham.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Two games in and my main gripe is these bloody short corners which are so unproductive, in fact sometimes handing the initiative to the opponents. As we approached the end of stoppage time in the second half we won a corner. All around me fans were shouting to Hedges to get it in the mixer and a chance to win the game. No, we went short and two of three passes later it was full time.

Come on JDT, at the very least mix them up a bit.

At that stage of the game, that was inexcusable. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

The reason we always take short corners is because we are, as a team so small, putting the ball into the box would achieve  fuck-all.

What we need to be , is better at the short corners.

How do we defend corners then if we are so small? I don't for one minute think that is the reason. A lucky break or winning a second ball is possible when the ball is out in the box. Today several ended up back on the half way line and any threat went with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

How do we defend corners then if we are so small? I don't for one minute think that is the reason. A lucky break or winning a second ball is possible when the ball is out in the box. Today several ended up back on the half way line and any threat went with it.

Zonal marking and a player allowed to use his hands. 

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Very nervously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yeah, Ennis is deceptively slow isn't he?

I thought Hedges was fine - provided us with some width and control, but he's all left foot - and sadly it's not a wand. 

I thought Hedges was better than fine, probably the most effective player when he came on, he set the pace and tone. 

• Like 1