BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (H) - 19/08/2023

30 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

When did easing a player in become a thing?

Ennis - subs appearance to get him up to speed (not fit for 90) 

Tronstad - 60-70 mins first game to get him up to speed at this level. Brought off for a.Wharton as needed to get a foot on the game. 

That’s called easing players in? Can’t bring a keeper on for the last 20 mins can you so I’d say more so with keepers they need to prove they’re ready before starting. That’s all I’m saying and why I don’t think it happens today when he’s only been training 10 days with the club. 

I personally would love to see him start and see him play, new players are exciting for Dana but I just don’t see it like I said. 

Also Pears was saying in the brockhall keeper video how he’s worked hard for no.1 shirt and needs to work harder to keep it. That suggests to me he sees himself as no.1 right now also. My interpretation is he’s a little more in the know than we are

2 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Ennis - subs appearance to get him up to speed (not fit for 90) 

Tronstad - 60-70 mins first game to get him up to speed at this level. Brought off for a.Wharton as needed to get a foot on the game. 

That’s called easing players in? Can’t bring a keeper on for the last 20 mins can you so I’d say more so with keepers they need to prove they’re ready before starting. That’s all I’m saying and why I don’t think it happens today when he’s only been training 10 days with the club. 

I personally would love to see him start and see him play, new players are exciting for Dana but I just don’t see it like I said. 

Also Pears was saying in the brockhall keeper video how he’s worked hard for no.1 shirt and needs to work harder to keep it. That suggests to me he sees himself as no.1 right now also. My interpretation is he’s a little more in the know than we are

I certainly hope Pears knows more than we do 😀

Why wouldn’t he be ready? - I hope (maybe naively) that part of the scouts job was to see if he fits ‘how we play’.

If I was guessing, I think JDT will save him for the Harrogate game and if he performs well there he will stay in the team.

I hope he turns out to be worth all of this debating 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bethnal said:

I’d start the same as Rotherham, except switch out Markanday for Hedges. Bring Markanday and Ennis on later, against tired legs, assuming we’ve worked Hull hard through the game. Dolan, Szmodics and Leonard press effectively and anything close to nerves that Hull might have, we should capitalise on. Travis could be switched for Tronstad, but I don’t think Travis has lost the shirt just yet (I was critical of his captaincy in the Rotherham game, but he’s still of great use in the channels and the middle). Tronstad to either help shore up a lead or allow A Wharton/Buckley via sub to push on for a goal.

I think Rosenior has the makings of an intelligent manager and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them sit off us and see what we make of having the ball.

Tight affair, but we looked excellent at Ewood against West Brom, so I’ll go for 3-2: Leonard, Szmodics (pen, redemption) & Ennis late.

Aye

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Thought he'd go safe,  thought ennis would start over Lenoard though.. don't feel good about this one though  .. prove me wrong JDT and Rovers

JDTs pattern is that he doesn't tend to like dropping players too quickly, and once youre in you get a few games.

Markanday dropped today. Reckon if Leonard struggles today and Ennis does well coming on then next week they could swap over.

Hard to see where goals are coming from in that team. Despite the industry of Hedges, I think we will lack the creative flair and midfield backbone to both contain and get in behind the Hull defence.

From signings alone, it feels like Hull are on the upswing, and Rovers are on the downward trajectory. 

Still, we have a cheeky chappie for a manager (or head coach, whatever...) and he seems to know what he is doing most of the time.

Going for an edgy score draw here, possibly with Hull to draw first blood and a raggedy rearguard to snatch us a point.

COYB!

oh, and Creepy VENKYS OUT + WAGGOTT OUT!!!