BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (H) - 19/08/2023

32 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Unfortunately I will miss the Hull city match Saturday, I will be babysitting a family members dog while they are on holiday. Hope the rest of you enjoy the game and we make it fortress Ewood and take the 3pts.

What a rubbish excuse.

• Like 9

Despite what most of us on here want, I cant see the changes being made by Tomasson. Pears unfortunately will be in net for the near future, promised number 1 when given a new deal and given the shirt. Rankin Costello in midfield has only ever been done twice, both when we have gone gung ho at 2 down. And up front I think that Ennis is sadly the third most likely starter in Tomasson's mind, Gallagher quite possibly could start unless he sticks with Leonard who really struggled at Rotherham. Could potentially see Hedges in on the right.

3 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Unfortunately I will miss the Hull city match Saturday, I will be babysitting a family members dog while they are on holiday. Hope the rest of you enjoy the game and we make it fortress Ewood and take the 3pts.

Is the dogs name Rover ?

3 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

No wasn't imaging it! The Fs that all about? 

And they seemingly nearly caused him to slip over on the steps at the start, that would have been one pathetic way to get injured 🙈😅

Screenshot_2023-08-16-19-14-08-32_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

They're Adidas Nemeziz boots as far as I can see

8 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

No wasn't imaging it! The Fs that all about? 

And they seemingly nearly caused him to slip over on the steps at the start, that would have been one pathetic way to get injured 🙈😅

Screenshot_2023-08-16-19-14-08-32_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

He doesn't want to get his nice new ballet shoes mucky kicking that nasty round thing.

Other comments available, just not in public.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Despite what most of us on here want, I cant see the changes being made by Tomasson. Pears unfortunately will be in net for the near future, promised number 1 when given a new deal and given the shirt.

Pure speculation, from a poster who is usually highly averse to speculation.

• Like 5

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/aynsley-pears-blackburn-rovers-transfers-27474638.amp

Maybe my wording was poor but he said last week that basically he knew Kaminski was going and said that he "had an inkling I was going to be number one when I signed my deal."

I hope Wahlstedt comes in on Saturday but I cant see a change for a bit in the league personally.

And they seemingly nearly caused him to slip over on the steps at the start, that would have been one pathetic way to get injured 🙈😅

Same level as Carlos Tevez? 

Manchester City's £25m signing Carlos Tevez could miss the start of the season after slipping in the shower.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, alexanders said:

And they seemingly nearly caused him to slip over on the steps at the start, that would have been one pathetic way to get injured 🙈😅

Same level as Carlos Tevez? 

Manchester City's £25m signing Carlos Tevez could miss the start of the season after slipping in the shower.

Nothing tops Dave Beasant dropping a bottle of salad cream on his foot.

• Like 1

• Backroom

If Pears is considered our genuine #1 then it would be highly irresponsible to spend nearly £1m of a very limited budget on a backup goalkeeper imv. I expect Wahlstedt to be in nets sooner rather than later. 

• Like 7

I think Ennis needs to start. Hes looked impressive in all his appearances so far and bagged a cup goal. If he only lasts 60 minutes Leonard can get some more minutes. Think some are being a big harsh on Dolan and Markanday. Markanday has 1 goal in 2 in the league and also scored in pre season. So thats 2 goals in about 4 games after hardly playing. Stick with for now.  

Pears

JRC    Carter    Hyam    Pickering

Tronstadt

Wharton   Szmodic

Markanday     Ennis          Dolan

18 minutes ago, benhben said:

I think Ennis needs to start. Hes looked impressive in all his appearances so far and bagged a cup goal. If he only lasts 60 minutes Leonard can get some more minutes. Think some are being a big harsh on Dolan and Markanday. Markanday has 1 goal in 2 in the league and also scored in pre season. So thats 2 goals in about 4 games after hardly playing. Stick with for now.  

Pears

JRC    Carter    Hyam    Pickering

Tronstadt

Wharton   Szmodic

Markanday     Ennis          Dolan

I agree about sticking with Markanday; just not on the wing. Dolan of the bench maybe, Hedges for Dolan.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Nothing tops Dave Beasant dropping a bottle of salad cream on his foot.

Didn’t David Seaman pull a muscle reaching for the remote control once?

Or have I pulled that out of my ‘unusual injuries’ Football Manager package? (Best one was losing my star signing to retirement because broke both legs in a car crash…)

• Like 1