BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (H) - 19/08/2023

Shows how thin we are out wide when people are seemingly all in agreement at a team that involves having to move Szmodics wide and only have Hedges as an actual winger, who himself is average. Dolan and Markanday aren't up to it. Even Ennis, Gallagher and Leonard as much as lack and need a quality one on top is better strength in depth for one position.

I feel like it is as least as pressing as anywhere to get at least one in ASAP.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Feed the Yak said:

I'm up to Ewood for this one. I should however, declare my woeful record when going to see Rovers in the flesh. Played 11 won 0. It ends this weekend, surely my curse ends this weekend!?!? 🙏

I've started a petition to have you banned from attending games.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Shows how thin we are out wide when people are seemingly all in agreement at a team that involves having to move Szmodics wide and only have Hedges as an actual winger, who himself is average. Dolan and Markanday aren't up to it. Even Ennis, Gallagher and Leonard as much as lack and need a quality one on top is better strength in depth for one position.

I feel like it is as least as pressing as anywhere to get at least one in ASAP.

Hedges average?

Been very good in both games coming into each game from the bench.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It's the final ball/shot that lets Hedges down. I think he's a good footballer, there's just very little end product. 

Same for Dolan, minus the good footballer part (IMO). The end product for he and Hedges is absolutely terrible; they are like rabbits in headlights whenever they get into good positions. Agreed on Hedges being a good footballer though, he's a classy player on the eye. Markanday the jury is out on.

Gilsenen has to be worth a punt over Dolan - particularly with Siggy still a few weeks off returning. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Same for Dolan, minus the good footballer part (IMO). The end product for he and Hedges is absolutely terrible; they are like rabbits in headlights whenever they get into good positions. Agreed on Hedges being a good footballer though, he's a classy player on the eye. Markanday the jury is out on.

Gilsenen has to be worth a punt over Dolan - particularly with Siggy still a few weeks off returning. 

Whilst Dolan has his flaws - to describe his end product as absolutely terrible is a bit harsh.

13 goal contributions last season. There can't have been many 20/21 year olds with that sort of return last season.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Whilst Dolan has his flaws - to describe his end product as absolutely terrible is a bit harsh.

13 goal contributions last season. There can't have been many 20/21 year olds with that sort of return last season.

exactly, they've only played a couple of games ffs 😂

Edited by Tricky

47 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Okay I am being a bit harsh. But he’s got no composure at all in the final third. I can’t personally see that improving too much either - just doesn’t strike me as that kind of player.

I actually think he’s a useful option from the bench against tiring defenders but he’s certainly not a starter IMO. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

His two main flaws are his decision making and his inability to convert easy chances. Hopefully an age thing, but at the moment for Rovers he isn't good enough as a first choice player. We should only let him go if we could get a decent fee for him which would lead to a decent striker coming in as he's still only 21. He really needs to crack on this season if he's going stake a claim to the first team though as he's had more chances than any of our other young players.

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Okay I am being a bit harsh. But he’s got no composure at all in the final third. I can’t personally see that improving too much either - just doesn’t strike me as that kind of player.

I actually think he’s a useful option from the bench against tiring defenders but he’s certainly not a starter IMO. 

Spot on. Definitely useful as a sub - but if we've got aspirations of getting promoted - we need better starters.

31 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

I hope we see Gilsenan get some game time against Hull, be interesting to see how he gets on against a Championship side.

Would be great to see him get some minutes, had things not been so desperate in the 2nd half against Rotherham then he probably would've got a chance in that game.

10 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Hedges average?

Been very good in both games coming into each game from the bench.

id`e rather start hedges than markanday,hedges is difficult to knock off the ball and offers more of an outlet than dilon,who i don`t think is good enough for this division,i`ll never understand though why the most left footed player i`ve ever seen (hedges)is played on the right,he has to check back every time he gets in a crossing position,gives the defender more time close him down imo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Hedges is the closest thing we have to Diaz, Tall and relatively fast winger. If he learns to put himself about a bit and sharpens up on his final third there's no reason he can't score 10+ and assist 8+.

On last season's evidence, that's a lot of sharpening up. 

• Like 4