BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (H) - 19/08/2023

24 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Didn’t David Seaman pull a muscle reaching for the remote control once?

Or have I pulled that out of my ‘unusual injuries’ Football Manager package? (Best one was losing my star signing to retirement because broke both legs in a car crash…)

David James wasn't it?

4 hours ago, alexanders said:

And they seemingly nearly caused him to slip over on the steps at the start, that would have been one pathetic way to get injured 🙈😅

Same level as Carlos Tevez? 

Manchester City's £25m signing Carlos Tevez could miss the start of the season after slipping in the shower.

Must admit first thing i thought when watching that training vid is wtf are they doing jogging up steps fully studded up and mooching across tarmac to the training pitch.

Would be sooo easy to turn an ankle.

The lack of brains involved at high level pro football is beyond comprehension sometimes.

• Like 5

I think Hull could be a dark horse this year. They have made some pretty good signings.

My head tells me we could lose this one, which will probably be indicative of how our season will go this year. Played 3 with a win, loss and draw. Sounds about right

My heart tells me we haven't done too badly against Hull in recent years and it could be one of those games we turn up. We have to start better than we did against Rotherham but that shouldn't be difficult

I'd go with the following team

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

JRC Wharton Travis

Hedges Ennis Szmodics

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Where’s the ‘meltdown’?

I see more posts taking about ‘meltdowns’ than actual, err, meltdowns.

It's the same chap who said the other day 'Rovers are desperate' and couldn't explain why. He said this whilst claiming he was ITK on transfers. He was obviously trying to induce a 'meltdown'.

Some people have no sense of irony. 

20 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think Hull could be a dark horse this year. They have made some pretty good signings.

My head tells me we could lose this one, which will probably be indicative of how our season will go this year. Played 3 with a win, loss and draw. Sounds about right

My heart tells me we haven't done too badly against Hull in recent years and it could be one of those games we turn up. We have to start better than we did against Rotherham but that shouldn't be difficult

Pears

JRC Wharton Travis

Hedges Ennis Szmodics

I'm also a bit worried about tomorrow, Hull have some good players as you say.

I think the first goal will again be vital and may well dictate the result. I don't think that's just a Rovers thing, it's a Championship thing (I think I saw a stat once that the team who scores first rarely loses....or I've made it up!)

I think we 'manage' games really well now when ahead, and are better going forward, so I've no doubt we'll create chances. We just rarely make the most of these chances. 

I'll go 2-1 also but with a different line-up

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Wharton Travis

Szmodics

Markanday Gally Dolan. 

That front 3 is the hardest to predict. It could easily be Hedges Leonard Ennis for example. I don't think anyone in the front 3 is a nailed-on started. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It's the same chap who said the other day 'Rovers are desperate' and couldn't explain why. He said this whilst claiming he was ITK on transfers. He was obviously trying to induce a 'meltdown'.

Some people have no sense of irony. 

I mean we are desperate, surely you could read into us relying on a team not progressing into Europe to have a chance of bidding for a player, screams desperation. 

Think we've enough to beat Hull at home at this stage of the season.  Rovers by the odd goal.

Every man and his dog knows we need need to improve in both depth and quality before this window shuts - if we don't, mid table with JDT still in place at Christmas would, IMO,  be a result.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Pears

JRC Wharton Travis

Hedges Ennis Szmodics

We started alright against Rotherham, it was the middle 50 minutes that were poor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Pears

JRC Wharton Travis

Hedges Ennis Szmodics

I think we'll lose - they've strengthened in the summer and have a very good manager. Half of our summer signings aren't fit and we obviously need 2/3 more as is.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'm also a bit worried about tomorrow, Hull have some good players as you say.

I think the first goal will again be vital and may well dictate the result. I don't think that's just a Rovers thing, it's a Championship thing (I think I saw a stat once that the team who scores first rarely loses....or I've made it up!)

I think we 'manage' games really well now when ahead, and are better going forward, so I've no doubt we'll create chances. We just rarely make the most of these chances. 

I'll go 2-1 also but with a different line-up

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Wharton Travis

Szmodics

Markanday Gally Dolan. 

That front 3 is the hardest to predict. It could easily be Hedges Leonard Ennis for example. I don't think anyone in the front 3 is a nailed-on started. 

That's a disgustingly bad front 3 at this level.

I’d go:

Pears

Brittain    Carter        Hyam      Pickering 

JRC         Wharton 

Sammy

Hedges    Ennis      Gilsenen

Think it’ll be 3-1 Rovers (with this team 😉) or 2-1 without! 

• Like 1

hulls 3 games have been a mixed bag and whilst they have made good signings itl take them time to gel

they seem to give up a few chances so the game could be open which leads me to think Dolan will be playing 

Brittain and hedges both deserve starts both have had really big impacts on the last two league games but I’d say hedges won’t get the nod

ennis Iv been impressed with and given no setbacks a full weeks training I reckon he starts 

Pears

brittain carter hyam Pickering 

travis wharton

jrc sammy Dolan 

ennis 

based on JDTs preferred tactics

at home I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of a change I think if we could get buckely jrc and Wharton playing together there’s enough there for chances 

For me it's now the time to bring Brittain in at right back and play JRC right of the midield three. After lots of tinkering initially with formations I think it's clear JDT wants to play a 4-3-3 with a deep lying playmaker who's comfortable receiving the ball and starting attacks. Therefore that's the reason he's previously gone for a Morton and now Wharton in that role. The two "eights" are always slightly higher with Szmodics seemingly the preferred on the left, I'd put JRC to the right. Travis for all his endeavor doesn't have the quality to play as a deep lying play maker and kills so many attacks when he's playing as an 8/box to box player. Also think this formation was one of the key reasons JDT never saw Dack in his long term plans as he's not get the physical capacity to play as one of the "number 8's" in a high energy pressing team.

In the front three we have a real lack of quality in the wide areas and I think Sigurdsson being a success will have a massive impact on our season. Signing someone who can nail that RW position is arguably just as important as a number 9 going off last week. Tomorrow I think Hedges deserves a start and would give Ennis a start through the middle. It won't happen but I'd be delighted to see Gilsenan given a go off the left as Dolan is miles off the level in my opinion. 

Still think we've got enough to get a win tomorrow and fingers crossed for some additions before what looks a tricky run of fixtures. COYB!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I am expecting a much better game than last season's 0-0. 

Could be a bit of a classic.

We ought to have enough to win it if we cut out the defensive mistakes which we have been prone to by letting in the 3 goals so far this season.

jeez,that 0-0 was  probably the worst game iv`e seen in the last decade😦

• Like 1