BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

I read the WATR minutes and unfortunately the only thing I could keep thinking was , he's lying to you and he doesn't have a clue. More lip service. The same CEO who was telling everyone no money worries come Jan, owners never refuse a cheque, we've bought a new bus.

He's a charlatan and has no authority anyway.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Not sure about that.

From what I remember under the trust, our o/d with Barclays was running at a steady twenty mill

They'd paid it down though selling Bentley i think it was around 10 mill when the club was sold plus there was another 3 million loan from the Walker Trust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

Btw, if the club was valued at £23m when we were in the prem, Jesus, What's the value now?

£1?

Consider not long after Jones was sold for 16 mill before add ons, Kalinic went for 6 mill and Samba eventually for about 12 mill to pay off the Barclays overdraft.

I'm convinced they got their buying price back pretty quickly.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

They'd paid it down though selling Bentley i think it was around 10 mill when the club was sold plus there was another 3 million loan from the Walker Trust.

Yeah, you may well be right there.

Certainly we seem to agree that the club was valued at £23m and not £43m as it says in article

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Consider not long after Jones was sold for 16 mill before add ons, Kalinic went for 6 mill and Samba eventually for about 12 mill to pay off the Barclays overdraft.

I'm convinced they got their buying price back pretty quickly.

There is very little doubt about that.

As we know, we had sneaky agents, who needed paying for things like transfers and finding a buyer and maybe there was some commission to pay for  Western Unions laundry bill.

A nice little scheme all round for those in the know. A little bit like knowing the result of a game before kick off, or at least how many shots on target a particular team could muster.

• Like 2

It would be worrying if they weren’t in profit after flogging a generational talent, hot prospect defender and 1st team goalkeeper (not to mention several million sell on fee for our old goalkeeper) for anything up to a combined £25-30m.

Meanwhile they have reinvested about 50p and a bag of pork scratchings back into the playing squad.

The question Waggot is how much are you going to reinvest that back into the squad? Or are you only bothered about making a profit?

I imagine the answer is f all. The consequences will be seen on the terraces next season.

• Like 4

Just for a bit of fun, I had a look at what is currently available as a bet for things other than the result of a game. One area that is particularly interesting is the shots on target market for a team and pasted immediately below (following 2 paragraphs) is taken off a website

There are different ways in which bettors can bet on ‘shots on target’. Markets are offered on individual players’ shots on target, such as Harry Kane to have 3+ shots on target during a game, or more, or less; the higher the shots, the higher the odds.

Markets are also offered on the number of shots on target for either team or the total shots on target in the match. For example, how many shots would Arsenal have in their clash with Chelsea, or how many shots Chelsea would have, or how many both sides would have combined. Bettors can even delve deeper by staking money on how many shots will happen in each half.

I suspect that the premier league is of more interest than most when it comes to this particular area of gambling, given how it attracts a world wide audience. Imagine if an illegal market was available and the "rules" were that this market had to be a top division such as the premier league. A syndicate of punters made a real killing one season and the loser was looking to make their money back. If a team involved in some of those games, could somehow avoid staying out of that league, that may be a way of avoiding that from happening.

Given the link below suggest that the Asian markets are pretty hefty, it would not be beyond all realms to think that the owners of a football club, could very easily been drawn into such activity.

Daily Asia Gaming eBrief: The Illegal Betting Market: A Growing Concern in China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand | AGB (agbrief.com)

3 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

The club must be wrestled from them because it sounds as though they sure as hell won't sell up.

' Venkys have No intention of selling the Club '

THE Dagger to the Heart of every Rovers fan...the Cherry on the Turd Cake.

Fookin Doomed.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, philipl said:

Apparently the Indian illegal betting market is the biggest with over a billion being wagered in a single day more than 12 years ago.

Staggering figures that and must surely make most sense of what is happening.

Is it a pure coincidence, that the amount you have mentioned was 12 years ago?

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Just for a bit of fun, I had a look at what is currently available as a bet for things other than the result of a game. One area that is particularly interesting is the shots on target market for a team and pasted immediately below (following 2 paragraphs) is taken off a website

There are different ways in which bettors can bet on ‘shots on target’. Markets are offered on individual players’ shots on target, such as Harry Kane to have 3+ shots on target during a game, or more, or less; the higher the shots, the higher the odds.

Markets are also offered on the number of shots on target for either team or the total shots on target in the match. For example, how many shots would Arsenal have in their clash with Chelsea, or how many shots Chelsea would have, or how many both sides would have combined. Bettors can even delve deeper by staking money on how many shots will happen in each half.

I suspect that the premier league is of more interest than most when it comes to this particular area of gambling, given how it attracts a world wide audience. Imagine if an illegal market was available and the "rules" were that this market had to be a top division such as the premier league. A syndicate of punters made a real killing one season and the loser was looking to make their money back. If a team involved in some of those games, could somehow avoid staying out of that league, that may be a way of avoiding that from happening.

Given the link below suggest that the Asian markets are pretty hefty, it would not be beyond all realms to think that the owners of a football club, could very easily been drawn into such activity.

Daily Asia Gaming eBrief: The Illegal Betting Market: A Growing Concern in China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand | AGB (agbrief.com)

Never forget the 33 rumours.

Big Sam 33/1 to be fired

Appleton next manager 33/1

Both had massive rumours beforehand of pune million mysterious bets. (Allegedly)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Most relevant sentence from that article

"The CEO, who has also come under fire from supporters, also revealed the club have no longstanding or overdue debts. In fact, the club are hopeful of ending the year in profit, based on current forecasts"

So, in other words, the prospect of relegation and fans sick with worry don't matter - Waggott will be trousering his bonus on top of his £300,000 plus salary.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

I like the idea of “wild anti-Venky groups” and would like to join.

Do they organise trips to Pune to hunt them down?

Yeah, so do I. However, when I read it in the Athletic article, it came across as dismissing a section of the fanbase, as a mere lunatic fringe.

Bertha Mason's Blue and White Army!

• Like 1