BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why change the team style just for Travis? 

Perhaps because we've lost 14 games already so clearly the present style isn't delivering results on a consistent basis.  We are crying out for experience so hopefully there are experienced players coming in and not just more kids to develop.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Its bonkers as far as I am concerned. Regardless of whether he is getting a game lately (and he absolutely should have been tried at least somewhere in the latest losing run), he is still an experienced head in a squad full of kids. I wouldnt have been a fan of selling him as there should be always a place for him in the team if not the squad, but to just loan him out to a team riding high just seems such an odd decision when we are already at the bare bones for squad depth.

The squad is desperately lacking experience and no, letting him go in that regard doesn’t make any sense. It looks like yet another cost cutting measure to me pure and simple

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tronstad and Wharton are our first choice now. Tronstad is a much better all round player. We have upgraded here from Travis and Tronstad 

results say different

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Not a great player for the system but this is bonkers stuff from the club, as was loaning out Buckley with a paper thin squad. 

It's desperate times.

but jdt needs to change the failing system

• Like 3

The Trav situation is clearly the club kicking the issue (club captain not playing) six months down the line when JDT will very probably be on his way.

I don't think Trav would want to leave Rovers in an ideal world. For all his shortcomings, he loves the club. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not sure I could be any more underwhelmed by a signing, nor utterly deflated by watching this car-crash of a club. Still can't find a way to break the ties I have to it. But more young loan signings in, as our experienced players leave, will definitely help.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

LT analysis on Trav's move:

The Lancashire Telegraph understands that Travis has reluctantly accepted a move away from Ewood Park for the good of his career, considering his lack of game time.

The 26-year-old didn't start any of the matches over the busy festive period and has completed 90 minutes once since November the 10th. 

Poor journalism as Travis started the match against Watford on the 23rd December, all be it at left back.

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg

Just now, Polky said:

Some reaction from Coventry fans, sounds very similar to players we have already.

So as expected, will help us nought and will just be another inexperienced youth put into an already failing system. Awesome.

Never been ITK, but hearing a rumour of a big bust up between JDT and players after the Huddersfield game...( Well, Good!) Rumour goes that JDT got them in for extra training due to the shitshow...and that SS went mad with him...

Same source saying JDT "applied" and "was interviewed" for Stoke job.

I don't know what to think, but I am sick to the core of what these Indian bastards continue to do to our club...

Protests, anyone?....( tumbleweed drifts down Nuttall Street..)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why change the team style just for Travis? 

The team style that has gained 1 win and 1 draw and 6 defeats from the last 8 games?

Are we so good that it's appropriate to lend our captain to a rival Championship team (albeit one that was in Div 1 last season?)

Given their League position they must see something in him our leaders don't see.

First we shunted Buckley out against his will and ballsed up the designated replacement, now we are lending our Captain to a  rival to  scrounge a bit more money.

This has nothing to do with his talent---or whether he fits our style---we are completely broke, can't you see it?

This is utterly shameful, how much lower can we sink?

"The Family Club" eh? !!!

• Like 7

This new lad is 5’8” and will likely be kept out of the side by Szmodics and Dolan, when he’s back.

We now only really have Tronstad as a defensive-minded midfielder.

Extremely difficult to see what good this does for the team in the short term.

January is a long month, granted, but it’s off to a poor start.

If it’s true what was learned from Glen and Mark’s meeting with Waggott, about Gregg not really fancying Szmodics initially, then I am beginning to have doubts about the transfer strategy. 

Got a lot of sympathy with recruitment after the budget cuts, where clearly hands were being forced and the rug pulled from under them. If we’re having to take players from underperforming loans, to replace high earners that we’re loaning to clubs further up the table and there are budgetary motivations for that… well, let’s hope not, because that sounds a lot like the kind of chicanery that doesn’t end well.

• Like 2