BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, roverblue said:

JDT is 5 star at media and pr, it’s always someone else’s fault or issue.

He wants experience but won’t play and then sells our captain and most experienced player. Same with Kaminski last season who he dropped for Pears.

We are going to end up with a team of kids and weak loan players before crashing into league 1.

Then he leaves and it was all for nothing whilst chasing his dream of playing with ‘style’.

Travis has been loaned, not sold. Also not entirely JDT's decision.

It's a fair point that he mentions needing experience but dropped Travis and Kaminski. But Travis was actually dropped for someone 2 years older. Kaminski was dropped when injured, and it was more a case of not bringing him back in when fit. Which was a big blunder for me.

The overall pattern of the team getting even younger is more down to cost cutting from above.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's a fair point that he mentions needing experience but dropped Travis and Kaminski. But Travis was actually dropped for someone 2 years older. Kaminski was dropped when injured, and it was more a case of not bringing him back in when fit. Which was a big blunder for me.

The overall pattern of the team getting even younger is more down to cost cutting from above.

You not reckon he's been told to drop these players so they can sell them?

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

You not reckon he's been told to drop these players so they can sell them?

No. Largely because there's no proof of that. Is it possible? Sure. But you don't need to drop someone to sell them anyway, in fact it's likely to reduce their suitors and market value. Fringe players being sold angers the fanbase less, but they've shown repeatedly they don't care about that. The homegrown captain being loaned to a stronger squad also isn't going to be popular no matter how little he has played recently.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I almost totally agree here, but would caveat the fact that regardless of whether JDT reinstated Kaminski or not after he recovered from injury, Kaminski would've left for Luton in any event given the enticement of PL football (where he has seemingly excelled & really put himself in the shop window, hopefully to our benefit in summer re a sell on fee).

JDT is not responsible for the loss of experienced players off the books. 

14 minutes ago, roverblue said:

JDT is 5 star at media and pr, it’s always someone else’s fault or issue.

He wants experience but won’t play and then sells our captain and most experienced player. Same with Kaminski last season who he dropped for Pears.

We are going to end up with a team of kids and weak loan players before crashing into league 1.

Then he leaves and it was all for nothing whilst chasing his dream of playing with ‘style’.

Absolutely spot on.

6 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Utter guff, he has played Tronstad, Szmodics, Hyam all older experienced heads so that's just a plain wrong statement. Our most experienced player is Tronstad and you think JDT has the power to be able to sell players... Kaminski never got dropped he got injured and Pears was playing well so never got dropped, 100% the right thing to do. Only true statement in all that you have spouted is that Travis was our captain!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I almost totally agree here, but would caveat the fact that regardless of whether JDT reinstated Kaminski or not after he recovered from injury, Kaminski would've left for Luton in any event given the enticement of PL football (where he has seemingly excelled & really put himself in the shop window, hopefully to our benefit in summer re a sell on fee).

Kaminski not being reinstated draws attention and alerts others clubs that it's possible to get him because he obviously wants to play. So Tomasson is responsible for that aspect.

7 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Would Luton have tested our resolve if TK had still been first choice?

• Like 1

More penny pinching it is clear now that Waggott and Broughton's task from the owners is to get rid of experienced players on higher salaries and replace them with academy kids, free transfers and youngsters on loan. I have faith that JDT will keep us up this season but I would be amazed if he is here next season and I fear very dark times lie ahead. 

• Like 3

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Yes. The financial heft of even newly promoted clubs in the PL means they can winkle out pretty well any Championship player they want.

And TK yielded nearly as much as Raya did in terms of initial payment- we have no idea whether there are sell on provisions but TK has his admirers at other PL clubs. If he avoids any more bloopers between now and season end, not beyond the realms of possibility he would stay in the Premier League if Luton go down.

• Backroom

We are a basket case but JDT helping engineer Travis’ exit automatically dispels his complaints about a lack of experience 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

Yes. The financial heft of even newly promoted clubs in the PL means they can winkle out pretty well any Championship player they want.

And TK yielded nearly as much as Raya did in terms of initial payment- we have no idea whether there are sell on provisions but TK has his admirers at other PL clubs. If he avoids any more bloopers between now and season end, not beyond the realms of possibility he would stay in the Premier League if Luton go down.

2 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Of course not just like they would never have tested Stoke or Barnsely resolve over Brown & Andersen without them be dropped... Oh wait 😉

They may have looked elsewhere first though, clearly we’ll never know.

8 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Utter guff, he has played Tronstad, Szmodics, Hyam all older experienced heads so that's just a plain wrong statement. Our most experienced player is Tronstad and you think JDT has the power to be able to sell players... Kaminski never got dropped he got injured and Pears was playing well so never got dropped, 100% the right thing to do. Only true statement in all that you have spouted is that Travis was our captain!

He moans after every game that we don’t have ‘experience’ or about the average age of our team do you not listen to his interviews? Travis has 200 rovers appearances so yes I would class him as our most experienced player.

Kaminski was clearly dropped for Pears which you have stated in the same sentence. He got back fit and couldn't get back in? Same thing surely.  “100% the right thing to do” you seriously believe that?

1 hour ago, Blow-in said:
1 hour ago, Polky said:

Recalled? I suppose the 1 goal in 14 games in league 1 looks like a hot streak compared to our strikers 🙄

Expand  

Vale of despair. For Rovers supporters 2024 has got off to a very poor start

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Polky said:

Some reaction from Coventry fans, sounds very similar to players we have already.

Quelle surprise!

Lost a 'warrior' and replaced him with a 'whimp'.

You couldn't make it up.

Edited by Mercer

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

We are a basket case but JDT helping engineer Travis’ exit automatically dispels his complaints about a lack of experience 

He has an experienced player in Tronstad in the position Travis wants to play in.

Travis asked to leave,I'm sure JDT would have been delighted to keep Travis as a bench option for his experience etc.

Travis has gone from a shoe in and captain of the team to 3rd or 4th choice midfielder.

How has JDT engineered Travis move?By preferring another player in the position Travis wants to play?

How does this move dispel JDTs complaints over a lack of experience?

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I don’t think he should be but I do think he should have been brought on more often recently.

Id tend to agree but I don't know what has gone on behind the scenes.Perhaps Travis had become more demanding for a move away in recent weeks.Travis has had plenty of shit games too, no saying results would have been different if had of got more minutes 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Id tend to agree but I don't know what has gone on behind the scenes.Perhaps Travis had become more demanding for a move away in recent weeks.Travis has had plenty of shit games too, no saying results would have been different if had of got more minutes 

Or perhaps JDT has become more stubborn.

Like you say we don’t know and it’s unlikely we ever will.

I’m still intrigued as to why it’s a loan and not a sale though.

29 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Kaminski not being reinstated draws attention and alerts others clubs that it's possible to get him because he obviously wants to play. So Tomasson is responsible for that aspect.

27 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I doubt it would've stopped them from buying him, though it might have impacted a little on the fee we were able to demand for him, I'll grant you that. Not by much though, £500k at most I reckon, peanuts compared to their incoming PL bonanza.

We can't ignore the reality of the lure of the PL for any Championship player; don't kid yourselves that the sole reason it happened was because JDT didn't reinstate him post-injury!

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 1