BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

5 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

He hasn't played since Oct. Probably wanted to leave in the summer when we had the 800k bid for him. Surprised the owners didn't cash in then

Off the top of my head he played 3 or 4 times for part or whole games in December.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yasin Ayari

Director of football Gregg Broughton said: “We are delighted to make Yasin the first signing of the January transfer window.

“He had two seasons playing senior football for AIK in Sweden, before joining Brighton last January and going on to make his Premier League debut.

I see Brighton paid somewhere from £3.5 million to £5 million for him (reports vary, I presume the 5 mill is one of those potential add ons things) last January. Must have been fairly well rated at the time. Hopefully he comes good for us, we'll just have to see. Doesn't fit the profile of what I'd have wanted though, experience and other areas should be prioritised.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

“He had two seasons playing senior football for AIK in Sweden, before joining Brighton last January and going on to make his Premier League debut.

Which was obviously such a roaring success they felt the need to ship him out on loan.

He'll probably never kick a ball for them again.

• Like 1

Travis loan is clearly cost cutting. He’s got to be on a decent wage and if JRC is healthy, the club clearing the path for Wharton and Garrett and the form of Trondstad Travis is 5th choice. Why a loan deal that doesn’t give us any funds to strengthen the squad only means the funds from India are not coming. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cesus said:

Off the top of my head he played 3 or 4 times for part or whole games in December.

Full game once (Watford), 3 other shorter appearances totalling another 71 minutes.  Played 241 minutes in November too. I don't think Neil was being literal about him not playing since October though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Full game once (Watford), 3 other shorter appearances totalling another 71 minutes.  Played 241 minutes in November too. I don't think Neil was being literal about him not playing since October though.

Probably as many minutes at right back as center mid 

Just now, yankfan said:

Travis loan is clearly cost cutting. He’s got to be on a decent wage and if JRC is healthy, the club clearing the path for Wharton and Garrett and the form of Trondstad Travis is 5th choice. Why a loan deal that doesn’t give us any funds to strengthen the squad only means the funds from India are not coming. 

It's been said on numerous ocassions now that with the High Court malarkey ongoing, they can send money to pay for their current obligations, but no additional income for transfers.

What does seem clear so far, is that we're reducing the wage bill across the board, probably by about 15%......

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

It's been said on numerous ocassions now that with the High Court malarkey ongoing, they can send money to pay for their current obligations, but no additional income for transfers.

What does seem clear so far, is that we're reducing the wage bill across the board, probably by about 15%......

JRC ,Szmodic and A.Wharton have all recently signed new deals and one would presume on much better money.

They all had stronger negotiation positions since they last signed contracts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

So a 20yo and a 19yo on the same day.   Yay?  Such a bizzare signing in my eyes, won't replace pickering and will just stand in the way of our youngsters progress 

Why what young full back do we have that is ready this season to challenge Pickering?

Every single championship side signs young players on loan from Premier league clubs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

So a 20yo and a 19yo on the same day.   Yay?  Such a bizzare signing in my eyes, won't replace pickering and will just stand in the way of our youngsters progress 

Jake Batty you mean? Doesn't sound like he's ready to make that progress, nor is any other young LB we have. We've shown we'd rather play players out of position than Batty when Pickering is out, so this lad won't be standing in anyone's way.

• Like 2