BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

24 minutes ago, superniko said:

Madness if they’re thinking Ennis or The German part-timer are better options. 
We’re run by complete incompetents 

I doubt that is it.Leonard would be better off playing week in week out,not the 20 minutes here and there he gets here.

Plenty of potential but needs to get used to scoring goals under a different pressure with a crowd watching as finishing wasn't a problem for him coming through the ranks but has missed quite a few decent chances for us already this season.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, neophox said:

I would loan Telalovic out. And sell Ennis

I’m not sure who is taking Telalovic.

I wasn’t joking when I said he wouldn’t get in Cambridge’s team.

A four year deal for Ennis looks complete madness.

I could see a League One club taking him on loan, but that’s about it.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bazza said:

If you tackle with anything stronger than a feather duster you'll get a yellow card thanks to the morons who run the game (unless it's a female ref......they seem to let a lot go, thank goodness)

Less than Wimbledon's gate. Electronic ticketing? F.O. Waggott!

*Resists the temptation to make a hard tackle joke*

• Like 1

If they are letting Garrett out then surely someone else will becoming in.

Id agree with those that believe Garrett is ready to play a part and if he isn't replaced then it would be a stupid transfer but at the same time he hasn't seen that many minutes in the league so far so thinking longer term a loan might be beneficial for us if it is to league one and he plays every week.

It benefitted us with Carter he came back a better player

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

thinking longer term a loan might be beneficial for us if it is to league one and he plays every week.

It benefitted us with Carter he came back a better player

It did, and Wharton too (though it took multiple spells and he has regressed again). But apart from that I'm struggling to think of when loaning one of our young players out has actually reaped the dividends we've expected. Probably Raya to Southport is the last other one I can remember being a clear success.

The vast majority of the young players who have broken into our first team from the academy have done so by staying here and biding their time for their chances. The vast majority of our loanees outwards have failed to impress or to subsequently kick on.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It did, and Wharton too (though it took multiple spells and he has regressed again). But apart from that I'm struggling to think of when loaning one of our young players out has actually reaped the dividends we've expected. Probably Raya to Southport is the last other one I can remember being a clear success.

The vast majority of the young players who have broken into our first team from the academy have done so by staying here and biding their time for their chances. The vast majority of our loanees outwards have failed to impress or to subsequently kick on.

Yeah but to be fair the other players we sent where just shit players ,Garrett and to a slightly lesser extent Leonard haven't looked like fishes out of water when they have seen minutes for us , and you could see something in Carter and S Wharton when they had played for us unlike some of the other lads we have sent out.

Someone said on here about Garrett to Stockport on loan.It needs to be a league one loan

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but to be fair the other players we sent where just shit players ,Garrett and to a slightly lesser extent Leonard haven't looked like fishes out of water when they have seen minutes for us , and you could see something in Carter and S Wharton when they had played for us unlike some of the other lads we have sent out.

Someone said on here about Garrett to Stockport on loan.It needs to be a league one loan

There's been a few players who were reasonably regarded when loaned out but flopped (often I think clubs not wanting to give them an extended chance if they don't immediately hit the ground running has been a factor). Players like Butterworth and Vale had impressed in patches for the first team and been fairly prolific in PL2. Magloire was considered promising, Markanday had been bought for half a million, Connor McBride had smashed plenty in at PL2 level. Buckley would probably be the best example comparable to Garrett. It's easy enough to say they're all shit in hindsight, but at the time it was hoped they'd all kick on from their loans, and none of them did.

Agree, Garrett absolutely can't be dropping to League Two. It would be utterly pointless.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, J*B said:

This is true - and it sounds like Garrett could be off on loan too, which surprises me more. 

Garrett leaving makes little/no sense.

Leonard needs a loan to toughen up for next year. 

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Sounds like Sam Gallagher to me.

Apart from the 'intelligent runs and very good at popping up in the box unmarked' part.

I can see a player described as being technically limited not exactly being JDT's cup of tea.

• Like 1

Mcguire would be a good cheap punt ready for next year, from the highlights MLS defences look awful, his shot is too weak also, big risk. Need someone experienced ready for THIS year. 

Also not against a 6 month garrett loan out if we've a good signing/loan in (unlikely) - he would thrive.

Edited by DackDackGoose

With Travis popped out for a bit/forever, Garrett is surely the main (only?) backup to the central two at the moment. We really are down to the bare bones. Before even contemplating a loan for Garrett, and an optimistic assumption of 'someone better lined up', I'd first be keen to see who the optimistic assumption of an upgrade on Travis is going to be. Spoiler: Each of the above will almost certainly be young, cheap loans from premier league teams that are not able to compete physically in the Championship. In which case, what is the bloody point of loaning out our own youngsters? (Except saving any and every penny).

Edited by Devon Rover
Error
  • Like 1