BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

35 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Who cares ? We are only developing these players for another team,  it's pathetic how  low the slumdogs have taken us.  Imagine when they took over us at 8th in the Premier that we would become a development  club for Bournemouth and Brighton.  Imagine we would be a better option than Luton.

Hate this loaning players malarkey and gaining nothing from it whatsoever apart from our own players losing experience especially when we have this so called elite academy. 

Venkys out

In proportion with more experienced players, one or two youngsters on loan is fine, as long as the primary aim of the club is to win games.

People can try and defend it all they like, but the fact is we have quite blatantly been reduced to no more than a development club with zero ambition.

The argument that we are having to do it is neither here nor there in my book.

It’s the final season I am going to tolerate it.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Sorry but I'm not having that ,he started the season well ,Moran is clearly rated at Brighton.So because he has had a poor 6 weeks it means he will end up in league 1 or 2?

This happens every season (not saying you obviously) a young loanee becomes the scapegoat. Morton last season uproar because people reckoned only reason he was playing was because we faced financial penalties yet this season he starts every week for Hull who have been in and around the playoffs

Before that Braithwaite....many on here saying he was shocking and will end up in league 1 or 2, yet here we are now he starts every week in the premier league, is being tipped for an England call up and a transfer to a top club 

People made comments on what they saw. That is the only thing you should comment on.

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

In proportion with more experienced players, one or two youngsters on loan is fine, as long as the primary aim of the club is to win games.

People can try and defend it all they like, but the fact is we have quite blatantly been reduced to no more than a development club with zero ambition.

The argument that we are having to do it is neither here nor there in my book.

It’s the final season I am going to tolerate it.

Sigurrdson,Szmodic ,Brittain, Tronstad and Hyam all signed in the last 2 seasons 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Sorry but I'm not having that ,he started the season well ,Moran is clearly rated at Brighton.So because he has had a poor 6 weeks it means he will end up in league 1 or 2?

This happens every season (not saying you obviously) a young loanee becomes the scapegoat. Morton last season uproar because people reckoned only reason he was playing was because we faced financial penalties yet this season he starts every week for Hull who have been in and around the playoffs

Before that Braithwaite....many on here saying he was shocking and will end up in league 1 or 2, yet here we are now he starts every week in the premier league, is being tipped for an England call up and a transfer to a top club 

The dissatisfaction around Morton centred around the fact he was keeping Adam Wharton (who imo is an infinitely better player) out of the side.

How much further on would Wharton be in his development now if he'd had more gametime last season.

Braithwaite WAS crap for us and  also managed to get himself ridiculously sent off as well as I recall.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Batty hasn't even been on the bench Rev in months.

Like someone else said , Travis and Brittain played left back when Pickering was out, Batty wasn't even on the bench.

He is clearly not seen as ready to play for the first team, Iv no idea about this fella from Villa never seen him play but quite clearly JDT and the recruitment side think he is a better option than Batty at this stage.

Batty might push on and be ready next season I do not know.But when he has played for the first team he has not looked up to it yet.

That seems right. When Batty played against Division 2 Walsall he was badly exposed for one of Walsall's goals - so a loan out looks a good idea.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The dissatisfaction around Morton centred around the fact he was keeping Adam Wharton (who imo is an infinitely better player) out of the side.

How much further on would Wharton be in his development now if he'd had more gametime last season.

Braithwaite WAS crap for us and  also managed to get himself ridiculously sent off as well as I recall.

Braintwaite actually started ok for us but then that incident happened v Boro with his high boot when he nearly took Dael Fry's eye out and Warnock lost the head ,after that Braintwaite was poor I agree.

And id have no problem if people were saying "he isn't ready " " he isn't what we need" etc 

What I find laughable is people saying with such certainty a young player won't make it and will end up in league one or two after very limited viewing 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Braintwaite actually started ok for us but then that incident happened v Boro with his high boot when he nearly took Dael Fry's eye out and Warnock lost the head ,after that Braintwaite was poor I agree.

And id have no problem if people were saying "he isn't ready " " he isn't what we need" etc 

What I find laughable is people saying with such certainty a young player won't make it and will end up in league one or two after very limited viewing 

Well, I just don't care if they make it or not with another club. I am only interested in whether they help us to win games.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Morton has all the tools in his box to make as a holding midfielder for Liverpool. But the problem is he doesn't impose himself on games enough . If he doesn't fix that in his game . He won't make it at Liverpool.  He is a much more gifted player than Declan rice.

9 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well, I just don't care if they make it or not with another club. I am only interested in whether they help us to win games.

Yeah and the 8 assists Moran has to his name suggests he has helped us win games 

14 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Pears starts for U21s tonight, posting here as it impacts the first team GK options soon

Can only be a good thing If it means  bar of soap hands is a bit nearer to being removed from the fray.

I note Ennis is starting , is there no upper age limit for plying for the "under " 21's?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can only be a good thing If it means  bar of soap hands is a bit nearer to being removed from the fray.

I note Ennis is starting , is there no upper age limit for plying for the "under " 21's?

I think you can start up to 5 overage players (it was 3 overage players when it was the U23s)

Man Utd regularly play Tom Huddlestone as an on field coach and he is 37

Edited by KentExile

Georgie Gent has apparently turned a few heads with his performances on loan for Motherwell, so don’t be surprised to see him challenging for the left back spot next season. He’s a couple of years older than Batty, who will probably go out on loan next year anyway. Sounds like we’ve got some good options coming through in that position.

• Like 3

It could benefit us long term as well as short term to not stick with our player just because we own him. Even if he was close to being ready which seemingly he isnt, playing 15 games elsewhere is better than once or twice here for his development.

He perhaps should have been loaned out in the summer. But we was left having to peddle the "blocking pathways" crap because the owners slashed the budget to the extent that another senior defender was beyond our financial realms.

Loaning out Travis now and Buckley in the summer are the sorts of deals that are more detrimental. Losing some of the few more senior and proven options in the squad purely because we have been left that brassic. And yet such has been the lowering down of standards, people justify such deals simply because they arent automatic starters, as if we only need 11 players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I think you can start up to 5 overage players (it was 3 overage players when it was the U23s)

Man Utd regularly play Tom Huddlestone as an on field coach and he is 37

Thanks. Being allowed so many surely defeats the whole object of the thing.

17 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

That as many assists as Elliot got over the whole season and people here think elliot was a better player.

Elliott got 11 assists and 7 goals (and he was 17 at the time)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harvey-elliott/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/565822/plus/0?saison=2020&verein=164&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Elliott and Moran are the same age and one is featuring fairly regularly for the team top of the Premier League (albeit mainly from the bench) which shows how far ahead of Moran he was and is in terms of his development

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harvey-elliott/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/565822/plus/0?saison=2023&verein=31&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Was about to point out how many Elliott scored.

You know actual goals which people no longer seem to think are important for forward players as long as they run around a bit.

Clearly a Brighton fan, or on the wind up, or both.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

Our social media creating videos celebrating a stream of young players we have borrowed from Brighton whilst our player borrowed from Bournemouth heads back perhaps is a nine indicator of the Venkys reign and how the tables of the 3 clubs including ourselves have turned.

By the way, a sign of the quality of local journalism can be seen below. Proof reading non existent.

Screenshot_20240110-184624_X.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KentExile said:

1-0 Reading after 5 minutes

About as expected. As much as the keepers aren't amazing, it's not like we protect them in any way. People expecting Pears to make any difference to the first team are in for a shock.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hmmm..bar of soap hands could easily apply to Pears.

Hell, he has even got a soap related name to go with his...well..er..challenges...

• Like 6