BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Gallagher definitely moving? 

If there is a deal to be done, I'd say he'll be off. As said by others previously, Rovers will want his wages off the books asap. JDT said in an interview recently that "he could not believe the club would weaken the squad further by selling him" so it looks to be out of his hands. 

They might keep him till the summer as our championship status is under severe threat but there will be no new contract heading his way, I wouldn't think.

Maybe they want to get the sign off from the court to be able to send x amount over and then the Gallagher sale wouldn’t impact on it. Otherwise it may be reduced by the courts in line with the amount we sell him for 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Maybe they want to get the sign off from the court to be able to send x amount over and then the Gallagher sale wouldn’t impact on it. Otherwise it may be reduced by the courts in line with the amount we sell him for 

Correct.

"Hold on, why are you trying to send £11m to the club? They've just sold Sam Gallagher for £2m, you only need to send £9m!"

What a mess.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I do have some sympathy for Gallagher and how his career has panned out. After that season with us on loan he ended up at Birmingham, who were just as much of a train wreck at the time and he had a poor season. The season after that I think he stayed at Southampton, probably mostly playing in the reserves, before the season Mowbray signed him permanently for Rovers where he has spent most of his time playing out wide.

I think a manager like Warnock would've got way more out of him as a striker.

Sympathy for Gallagher? You have to be joking. He's an overpaid waster who can't even be bothered  to attack the ball and get himself in positions from which he'd be more likely to score.

Even Mowbray told him in Public he needed to "get between the posts" more often years ago. 

To no avail.

Hopefully his sale is simply being delayed until after the Court hearing after which it will be the sweetest £1.5 - £2m we'll ever receive if it goes through imo.

You don't often get a second Christmas at the end of January.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sympathy for Gallagher? You have to be joking. He's an overpaid waster who can't even be bothered  to attack the ball and get himself in positions from which he'd be more likely to score.

Even Mowbray told him in Public he needed to "get between the posts" more often years ago. 

To no avail.

Hopefully his sale is simply being delayed until after the Court hearing after which it will be the sweetest £1.5 - £2m we'll ever receive if it goes through imo.

You don't often get a second Christmas at the end of January.

I can understand the sentiment but he’s still the best CF at the club, by some distance. Just let that awful fact sink in 🙈

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I can understand the sentiment but he’s still the best CF at the club, by some distance. Just let that awful fact sink in 🙈

He certainly is, he is bang average but those who celebrate his departure prematurely seem keen to ignore any notion that we are then left with Leonard, Ennis and Telalovic.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't think he's a waster at all. Might not be the prolific striker we needed him to be but to say he's a waster implies he doesn't put a shift in, which he does the vast majority of the time.

Mowbray saying he needs to get between the posts more often....oh well then that's alright then, as long as he said that. Nothing to do with playing him continuously out wide in a position he isn't a natural in, where he then has to fulfil the role of tracking back a lot more and supporting his full back.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Saw that Raya is now a done deal

So the pending cash influx that was alleged for re-investment in the team will now be just paying the bills.

Well tat's handy they might not have to sell someone else right now i suppose.

2 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

The next hearing will conveniently be scheduled in towards the end of the summer window too, so there'll be nothing to see there either.

Get those wankers out of our club.

The next hearing will be towards the end of April and then the one in July. The judge doesn't trust Venkys to let it go longer than three months.