BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And 12x it if you wait another 6 months.

How often do “big 6” clubs buy players from the Championship for £25m+? Have they ever? Do they play them? What happens to their careers?

It’s a logical destination for Wharton, look at what they’ve done for Eze, Olise, Guehi etc. And the fee is very hard to turn down. Surely one of the biggest ever sales from a Championship (not relegated) club?

What’s not logical or palatable is what I expect to happen next with the funds - I.e. fuck all constructive.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spankus Munky said:

Ok so by thinking, selling Sam Gallagher for £50m wouldn't be a good deal either I guess?

You are posting very oddly tonight.

For something to be a ‘good deal’ to a party it has to benefit said party.

So for the third time is this a ‘good deal’ for Blackburn Rovers?

• Like 6

In the summer we can expect the sales of Carter, Dolan, Gallagher and probably Szmodics. The proceeds plus the Raya sell-on will simply cover next season's losses as Venkys have clearly stopped their funding. 

• Like 1

I really don’t think there’s much science behind these loan deals.

Rovers: We’re enquiring about X on loan

PL club: Sure thing but it’ll cost you x and you’ll need to contribute x to wages.

Rovers: bugger, we’ve got fuck all money

PL club: we’ve got some useless tosser in the under 23s who you can have for free as no other club wants them

Rovers: brilliant!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s an issue nobody he’s really considered so far. If you were a player, say Sammi or Hyam for instance just how pissed off would you be with the messing around at the club. No wonder you can count the players who are prepared to bust a gut on the fingers of one hand.

you imagine the lads first words to maguire,"f****g hell lad,you don`t want to sign permenently for this lot,we`re all off as soon as someone comes in for us,the club is fooked,whatever you do,don`t sign on"

Edited by simongarnerisgod
spelling

Despite how depressing the signings are, it's important that we don't take it out on those that are coming to play. The French lad is getting pelters on social media as a result of Wharton leaving and how the club is handling the situation. Personally, he deserves a chance if he's agreed to come and give 100%.

• Like 5

Just now, alcd said:

In the summer we can expect the sales of Carter, Dolan, Gallagher and probably Szmodics. The proceeds plus the Raya sell-on will simply cover next season's losses as Venkys have clearly stopped their funding. 

Add Hyam to that list of summer sales as even if he signs a contract extension (and why would he?) that's just a device to increase the transfer fee.

7 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

I really don’t think there’s much science behind these loan deals.

Rovers: We’re enquiring about X on loan

PL club: Sure thing but it’ll cost you x and you’ll need to contribute x to wages.

Rovers: bugger, we’ve got fuck all money

PL club: we’ve got some useless tosser in the under 23s who you can have for free as no other club wants them

Rovers: brilliant!

Yeah in for Nat Phillips he goes elsewhere and we then sign another Liverpool player, younger , cheaper/free ,less experienced 

• Like 2

Strikes me that loans over permanent is related to contract length/“loyalty bonuses”/long-term outgoings.

You can’t execute the model they’ve claimed they’re following without permanent transfers to replace your outgoings.

I think Venky’s are genuinely shitting themselves about the court case outcome or the interminable rounds of hearings. They have looked at £22m as two tranches of cash they aren’t on the hook for, but that’s contingent on a budget remaining steady. If they isolate costs associated with loans as one-offs, almost like capex, they can find it, but they can’t allow actual running costs to go up.

I suppose they haven’t factored in the downturn in match day, ticket and other fan-derived revenue that will come as time goes on, but all of that will be the responsibility of those at the club, in their eyes.

We all know how bad it looks, but it feels like we might not yet know exactly how bad it is, “it” being the current status of the club.

2 minutes ago, GaryC said:

It beggers belief, we wont see any of money in the Summer from David Rayas move either i bet, Very frustrating time to be a Rovers fan

Frustrating is a bit of an under statement. After 43 years I’m on the verge calling it a day. Where’s the enjoyment. 

• Like 6

• Backroom
Just now, BRFC4EVA said:

This Ennis to Stoke deal seems odd. Anyone got any more details. LET says permanent deal. Any fee?

Probably a small fee in the low-to-mid hundreds of thousands. I think if they pay enough to cover Ennis' wages and signing on fees - which presumably weren't extortionate - then we'll take it. Seems obvious JDT does not rate him in the slightest and whilst it technically leaves us another man down, the fact is Ennis has - according to Transfermarkt - played a grand total of 338 minutes for us in the league and contributed nothing of note, so tough to say he'd be missed. Assuming McGuire comes in (big if) then we'd have him, Gallagher, Leonard, Dolan and Szmodics as forward options which is probably enough. Scoring goals hasn't been our problem, keeping them out has been the issue. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

Despite how depressing the signings are, it's important that we don't take it out on those that are coming to play. The French lad is getting pelters on social media as a result of Wharton leaving and how the club is handling the situation. Personally, he deserves a chance if he's agreed to come and give 100%.

Why would that happen? Ewood is one of the most supportive, patient crowds there is.

7 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

So we have loaned a young left back with 13 games in the scottish premier league to his name

We have loaned a young swede who couldn't get in to Coventry's side.

We are maybe loaning a defender who has two unsuccessful loans in the austrian league and the French second division.

We are maybe loaning a striker who has only played MLS football and needs time to adapt to the european way of life.

And we have signed a 36 year old defender who is signing for the biggest club he has been at.

We have loaned out our captain and most experienced player

We have sold our golden boy and perhaps the player in our squad most suited for JDTs football style.

WOW........JUST WOW.

Yeah, it’s really bad when you lay it all out like this