BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

4 minutes ago, pick32 said:

I’m sorry but that is a shocking horror show, so much time to make a challenge or atleast not let him turn, it’s very basics of football, stay goal side and tight with your man 

Yeh disagree. He IS goal side for one thing. Getting any tighter than he was could have made it easy for the player to turn away and leave him stranded. Attempting to snatch the ball with the player facing away from him could have very easily resulted in a penalty. As I said though, the other player who goes charging forward prematurely fucked up there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Rovers commentators waxing lyrical about Markanday.

Does seem with JDTs recent comments Markanday is properly in line for starting games.

Think Dolan will be slipping down to fourth choice as wide forward behind Siggy, Moran and Markanday.

Something clearly wrong with Dolan. They felt the need to say he's not involved cos he's ill tonight, not sure I believe that. 

Is he pissed off because he's seen the stick he's getting on socials from the fans? Sulking about his contract issues?

Either way I'm happy for him to stay away from the first team.

• Like 6

Just now, Ossydave said:

Something clearly wrong with Dolan. They felt the need to say he's not involved cos he's ill tonight, not sure I believe that. 

Is he pissed off because he's seen the stick he's getting on socials from the fans? Sulking about his contract issues?

Agreed.

The answer for him is perform on the pitch. Then the criticism goes away.

Just now, Ossydave said:

Could just be has been bang out of form for a long time. JDT has binned off players out of form for extended periods in the U21s (Markanday, Travis, both Whartons etc). Dolan has been so poor think that could be whats happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Lots of goals in this team with Moran, Siggy, Szmodics and Leonard. I'd add Markanday to that list too, seems to have goals in him.

Gonna be a very exciting season. 

Yeah - just need to sort out the midfield now. Hopefully with a bit more confidence up front we can be a bit more sensible in midfield.

Will be fascinating if we go to Leicester and play how we did at Ipswich or we do setup a bit more normal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Moran and Sigurdsson are players that can turn games

...keep give Telalovic games...he will hopefully get up to speed soon..it takes time as he came from Germany and need time to adjust..

At least he's young and has a good goals record at the level he has played. Hirst for example last year wasn't that young and hadn't got a very good goal record at any level. 

Judge him after 6 months or so. Looks like conceding rather than scoring will be the issue this year. 

• Like 1

Not a lot of surprises elsewhere.

Looks like it'll be Liverpool, Chelsea, Manure, Arsenal all through. City could be going out to Newcastle, not a huge shock as such, but City have won something like half the League Cups in recent years, so could be a big plus for anyone looking to lift this trophy.

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Really excited to see how Markanday develops. Really good impact sub for me, shame he’s a little lightweight. 

Agree on that.
I think he's got a lot of talent, but he does look very lightweight in this division.

• Like 1