BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

Lots of positives with the performance tonight, a very enjoyable watch. Some thoughts:

The 3 behind the striker were all very good. Moran and sigurdsson will be starters but Markandays performance was the most encouraging, was bright and looked stronger and quicker than I've previously seen, he really went after their fullback. He might make it after all.

I would feel a lot more comfortable with Tronstad coming into the side after tonight, a very solid performance. Garrett showed promising signs also.

Hill and Wharton I don't think are going to be knocking the door down but both looked better as it went on.

The keeper didn't have too much to do, I'd need to see the first again at a better angle.

Telalovic was practically anonymous, his positioning and movement just isn't there at the moment.

• Like 4

Sigurdsson and Moran were class tonight. Good displays from JRC and Hill too. Tronstad not so much, and Telalovic looks very raw. Markanday had some very exciting moments, but some equally poor ones when it came to his final ball. Nice goal though.

Difficult to judge the keeper, he wasn’t overly tested. He looked furious with himself for their first but it looked a good hit on a difficult surface. Certainly not in the recent Pears levels of clangers.

Sigurdsson will be a class above once he’s up to speed. I was distraught when he insisted on taking the penalty as he won the argument with JRC…

IMG_5282.thumb.jpeg.a08ec8a5782f980bac6524e5678b8d71.jpeg

Ewood was an absolute ghost town before and after the game. I’d be interested to see what percentage of tickets were £2 kids ones as there seemed a lot of groups of youngsters on.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

was a desperation signing because broughton and kimberley could`nt find anyone proven at our level,i bet they were ringing round every agent in the agent book,****** chancers both of them,prepare yourself for more desperation recruitment in january

Was a desperation signing because Venkys slashed the budget mid summer to an uncompetitively low one.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Just had a look at last year's cup run to see how tonight's attendance (5,371) compares. We didn't have a comparable home tie by this stage, but the fact we got a fair bit higher attendance in the first round against Hartlepool (6,844) last season, and Walsall this season (6,173, also first round) suggests tonight's attendance is certainly short of what it would have been without Swag's idiocy.

I wonder of the 5371, how many were Cardiff fans, and also how many of the Rovers fans were children ?

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Was a desperation signing because Venkys slashed the budget mid summer to an uncompetitively low one.

so they could`nt do better than someone who has only played in the german regional leagues and only had one sub appearance in bundesliga,it`s like signing someone from chorley then expecting him to fit right in,we`de have been better off getting a young striker from the lower leagues in england,at least they know the game,honestly,broughton and the equally useless kimberley hav`nt got a clue,just look at last january,the epitome of how not to be a director of football,let a class player slip through your hands because you are not in attendance to oversee things

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

so they could`nt do better than someone who has only played in the german regional leagues and only had one sub appearance in bundesliga,it`s like signing someone from chorley then expecting him to fit right in,we`de have been better off getting a young striker from the lower leagues in england,at least they know the game,honestly,broughton and the equally useless kimberley hav`nt got a clue,just look at last january,the epitome of how not to be a director of football,let a class player slip through your hands because you are not in attendance to oversee things

Venkys are the problem. We clearly didnt have any money to but a lower league striker, we didnt have the money to loan in another player.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

was a desperation signing because broughton and kimberley could`nt find anyone proven at our level,i bet they were ringing round every agent in the agent book,****** chancers both of them,prepare yourself for more desperation recruitment in january

Yep, he's not even an actual Director of Football in his previous incarnation, bet he can't believe his luck that we apparently missed out on our original target and he somehow ended up with this gig. We'll never get shut of him - same as Waggott.

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

If we'd done that (if we could even afford that) people would have been asking why we signed some lower league waster instead of taking a chance on an unknown from Europe.

Broughton was in attendance last January. You're thinking of Swag. The epitome of how to not be a CEO.

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Moran and Siggurdson scored 3 goals today and bagged 2 assists. Siggurdson scored a goal on Saturday.

Does Broughton get any credit for that or no?

We have our young striker who should be playing in the lower leagues in Leonard (and he's coming along nicely imo). Let's see how Telalovic develops - his goal scoring record in the lower leagues of Germany was good enough for Borussia Mönchengladbach to take a punt on him last year. He strikes me as a player that's just got a knack for scoring goals, despite not being the prettiest technically. We'll see. 

The O'Brien transfer has been debated to death - I know who I blame for that falling through and it's not our Director of Football (as he legally can't submit the paperwork to the EFL..). 

• Like 4