BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Venkys are the problem. We clearly didnt have any money to but a lower league striker, we didnt have the money to loan in another player.

The owners are obviously a massive problem, but so is the CEO - our marketing / commercial efforts are horrendous. We were on TV about 20 times last season and still couldn't find a better shirt sponsor than a local vaping company - that's just throwing money away. Obviously the less said about our efforts to engage with fans (old, new and returning) the better. 

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, rigger said:

No one can say how many more would have gone if the Blackburn end was open. What I can say with certainty, is that more would have gone. 

1/1.5k more at least the previous figures back it up.

Still, he's got the website glitch to blame it on although i'm getting Shagnew style vibes again now with this fella. Too many stupid and very dubios things are beginning to happen again.

Anything to cover his arse.

• Like 2

This is still up on the toilets and that was the queue five minutes before kick off to get into the ground with a turn style not working. They are my only complaints of what was otherwise a fantastic night of football. 
Markanday played really well, hill looks decent and siggy is a top top player. Telalovic won’t offer much this season if ever but I have been bitten before with Big Ben so I shall leave that there for now. 

Happy to progress and thoroughly enjoyed the game

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

This is still up on the toilets and that was the queue five minutes before kick off to get into the ground. They are my only complaints of what was otherwise a fantastic night of football. 
Markanday played really well, hill looks decent and siggy is a top top player. Telalovic won’t offer much this season if ever but I have been bitten before with Big Ben so I shall leave that there for now. 

Happy to progress and thoroughly enjoyed the game

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

It will still be up because we have a contract with House of Cavani, tbf. I suppose they could reshoot with a player still here, but it's their promotional material so we can't really force them to spend their money doing that. A bit cringe in the first place that a player was selected who was likely leaving.

• Like 1

Received this from Christina at the club at 3.45pm today in response to my email to Maggott.... presumably a standard email sent to all fans

Dear Sir 

Thank you for your email in regard to the closure of the Blackburn End for our Carabao Cup match versus Cardiff City on Wednesday, 27th September. 

There are a number of factors to consider when creating the operational plan for a matchday and the decisions made are based on these.  

Initially we review what the anticipated attendance is going to be and then measure this against the financial cost of opening the entire stadium.

For the first round of the Carabao Cup; BRFC V Walsall, we attracted an attendance of just over 6,000 supporters. There were fewer than 2,000 supporters in the Blackburn End for this fixture, which is less than 50% capacity for the lower tier. Due to the make-up of the stadium, once the decision is made to open a stand, the staffing of that area remains the same whether the stand is at capacity or accommodating fewer than 500 supporters.  

For this evening’s fixture, we are anticipating an attendance of just under 4000 which is just over a third of the capacity for the Jack Walker Stand and will therefore adequately cater for the demand. We do appreciate that many of our long-standing supporters sit in the Blackburn End and would argue that this stand is affectionately referred to as the home end, but the Jack Walker Stand can be relied upon to accommodate all supporters with ease, provides a better backdrop for the broadcast footage and ultimately it will help us to manage costs at a time when all costs have to be carefully considered.  

I’m sure you can appreciate and understand why the Club has taken the relevant measures on this occasion. Of course, these decisions will be reviewed on a match-by-match basis should we progress further in the competition, as we hope to do. 

Thanking you for your continued support. 

Kind regards 

Christina Haines

On behalf of Steve Waggott

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It will still be up because we have a contract with House of Cavani, tbf. I suppose they could reshoot with a player still here, but it's their promotional material so we can't really force them to spend their money doing that. A bit cringe in the first place that a player was selected who was likely leaving.

That’s my point , broughton said we were consigned to losing him and the fact he signed a contract was to get a fee this summer so why use him. We effectively have a spurs player advertising a company sponsoring rovers . 

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Why in hell were they expecting under 4k ?

They are genuinely idiotic or just being extremely disrespectful with those bullshit generic replies Waggot is showing himself now as a liar of epic proportions.

Aye that's a terrible estimate. There is no precedent for it, and despite adding in pissing off BE fans (some of whom have confirmed on here they didn't go due to the end closure) and the website ballsing up for ticket sales, they were off by what's that, about 33% ? They don't have a clue.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The owners are obviously a massive problem, but so is the CEO - our marketing / commercial efforts are horrendous. We were on TV about 20 times last season and still couldn't find a better shirt sponsor than a local vaping company - that's just throwing money away. Obviously the less said about our efforts to engage with fans (old, new and returning) the better. 

And how about the non-existent attempts to cash in on Brereton mania?

I mean how often does a Championship club have something like that drop into its lap? An incredible story which culminated in him playing regularly for Chile, developing a massive fanbase out there and even landing sponsorship deals with Pepsi etc.

Yet the sum total of Rovers' involvement was to put a couple of t-shirts on sale in the shop. Even when a glorious opportunity to market and promote the club comes along no effort was made.

Any effort is just too much effort with this lot. There's no way they'll do anything that incurs cost or risks incurring cost and unfortunately for them in this business if you want to succeed you have to be prepared to take a risk. This lot aren't prepared to. They just want steady away all the time going nowhere.

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But we did have the money to spend £850k on a keeper the manager seemingly rates behind Pears.

You wouldnt get much for that as a striker. As I said, massive budget slashes mid summer compounding previous refusal to sell players close to their contracts ending has left us with a shell of a squad. It cost about 10m to assemble over 4 or 5 years.

Yet you still seem so loathe to criticise the owners. Even when asked questions you usually avoid it.

45 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They are the problem. Waggott stays in charge and will for as long as he wants because he is merely carrying out the owners wishes. His methods are short term focused and counter productive and he should be long gone but ultimately the biggest method of generating income at this level is player sales and our stupid owners intervene and prevent that.

Waggott is a huge symptom of our problems we face, very difficult to think of any area of added value that he has brought. Why is he still comfortably in charge though?

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Has anyone actually written to Venkies to complain about what he did, Waggot, and the means of ordering tickets suddenly not working, are they aware that his shennanigans has cost them paying customers.

They are in one of their regular "slash the budget no matter what" moods. I very much doubt they give a shit. Had they provided a competitive budget that would potentially lead to big sales in the future if we were run properly.

At a normal club, youd think the owners would already be wondering why a stand was closed after being opened in a previous round and be on the pulse. But not these clowns.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Moran and Siggurdson scored 3 goals today and bagged 2 assists. Siggurdson scored a goal on Saturday.

Does Broughton get any credit for that or no?

We have our young striker who should be playing in the lower leagues in Leonard (and he's coming along nicely imo). Let's see how Telalovic develops - his goal scoring record in the lower leagues of Germany was good enough for Borussia Mönchengladbach to take a punt on him last year. He strikes me as a player that's just got a knack for scoring goals, despite not being the prettiest technically. We'll see. 

The O'Brien transfer has been debated to death - I know who I blame for that falling through and it's not our Director of Football (as he legally can't submit the paperwork to the EFL..). 

I would say Broughton should get some credit for Suggurdson, as he is so far looking like a gem. Hopefully it works out with regards to your he apparent permanent deal we have as an option, but the worry is, where will that money comes me from.

GB took the flak for O’Brien, but it is a lot more likely to have been sent mine else’s fault, but perhaps he is as too busy, working out cost saving exercises, to face the fans on it. 

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Received this from Christina at the club at 3.45pm today in response to my email to Maggott.... presumably a standard email sent to all fans

Dear Sir 

Thank you for your email in regard to the closure of the Blackburn End for our Carabao Cup match versus Cardiff City on Wednesday, 27th September. 

There are a number of factors to consider when creating the operational plan for a matchday and the decisions made are based on these.  

Initially we review what the anticipated attendance is going to be and then measure this against the financial cost of opening the entire stadium.

For the first round of the Carabao Cup; BRFC V Walsall, we attracted an attendance of just over 6,000 supporters. There were fewer than 2,000 supporters in the Blackburn End for this fixture, which is less than 50% capacity for the lower tier. Due to the make-up of the stadium, once the decision is made to open a stand, the staffing of that area remains the same whether the stand is at capacity or accommodating fewer than 500 supporters.  

For this evening’s fixture, we are anticipating an attendance of just under 4000 which is just over a third of the capacity for the Jack Walker Stand and will therefore adequately cater for the demand. We do appreciate that many of our long-standing supporters sit in the Blackburn End and would argue that this stand is affectionately referred to as the home end, but the Jack Walker Stand can be relied upon to accommodate all supporters with ease, provides a better backdrop for the broadcast footage and ultimately it will help us to manage costs at a time when all costs have to be carefully considered.  

I’m sure you can appreciate and understand why the Club has taken the relevant measures on this occasion. Of course, these decisions will be reviewed on a match-by-match basis should we progress further in the competition, as we hope to do. 

Thanking you for your continued support. 

Kind regards 

Christina Haines

On behalf of Steve Waggott

So that contradicts his reply to the other one posted on here, by way of the numbers anticipated. In that reply, he stated, that a similar number to Walsall was expected. So in two days, his estimated attendance dropped by around 2,000 as he knows only too well that the closure ended up backfiring.

I suspect in the end it cost around 2k - 3K on the crowd, some almost certainly backfired. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ABBEY said:

get a grip  ffs. They will be swearing at school .

I never heard my Dad swear, ever. The only time I heard my Mum swear I was in my early 20s.

I learnt what a twat was and much worse as a kid in the late 1950s in the primary school playground.

Nowts changed.

Good to have you back 😊

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, doctorryan said:

Thanks for posting, the EFL do good work and get their highlights up quick.

I followed the game via Sky Sports News who also do good coverage bar missing Markandays goal as it coincided with stuff happening with the 'bog boys'.

This is one game where I will actually watch the full repay, it should be a good watch and a chance to see more of some of our new and current fringe players.

* I spotted the typo but left it as it's still appropriate.

So Swag isn't even replying to supporters emails himself but allowing his PA (a f****** PA for him when we are skint btw) to do so in his behalf. This has been such an emotive subject and if he had any sense he would respond directly to each email with a call or at the very least an return email explaining his rationale. His cowardly cop out sums him up.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

For anyone that has seen him live - does Telalovic actually have some pace or does he just think he's quick?

Like everyone else I'm desperate for him to be 'an answer' or even a 'decent option'.. at the moment looks way off the pace, like a conference player playing in the championship.. just way off it.

Hoping JDT can get him upto speed soon and he's not a dud but based on the little we have seen of him looks a shocker.

That said we have seen many players who started very slow and became very good, so fingers crossed.

• Like 5