BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Aye that's a terrible estimate. There is no precedent for it, and despite adding in pissing off BE fans (some of whom have confirmed on here they didn't go due to the end closure) and the website ballsing up for ticket sales, they were off by what's that, about 33% ? They don't have a clue.

Ha yeah it’s so bad. It was sent 4 hours before kick off too, how can you be that wrong at that stage. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Why in hell were they expecting under 4k ?

They are genuinely idiotic or just being extremely disrespectful with those bullshit generic replies Waggot is showing himself now as a liar of epic proportions.

The Andy Cole saga tells us all we need to know about this man…..something about a leopard and spots.

Add in the training ground saga more recently and the bloke isn’t to be trusted in the slightest. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Dan said:

Being ignored. They were pulling each other off over the Liverpool goal that they replayed 12 times. 🙄

5 live ignored us too. Ours was the only game they didn't have a reporter at last night.

Mind you, I wasn't there either so I guess I shouldn't throw the first stone...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Like everyone else I'm desperate for him to be 'an answer' or even a 'decent option'.. at the moment looks way off the pace, like a conference player playing in the championship.. just way off it.

Hoping JDT can get him upto speed soon and he's not a dud but based on the little we have seen of him looks a shocker.

That said we have seen many players who started very slow and became very good, so fingers crossed.

We don't even really need to look as far into the past as BBDs early days... most recent example being Hirst who was absolutely abject for us last season. Now looks a decent if not particularly exceptional Championship striker. 

Also we don't really need to jump off the deep end with him. We have Ennis, Gallagher and Leonard who have all looked decent at times competing for a single number #9 spot. So we don't have all our chickens in the Telelovic basket.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

And how about the non-existent attempts to cash in on Brereton mania?

I mean how often does a Championship club have something like that drop into its lap? An incredible story which culminated in him playing regularly for Chile, developing a massive fanbase out there and even landing sponsorship deals with Pepsi etc.

Yet the sum total of Rovers' involvement was to put a couple of t-shirts on sale in the shop. Even when a glorious opportunity to market and promote the club comes along no effort was made.

Any effort is just too much effort with this lot. There's no way they'll do anything that incurs cost or risks incurring cost and unfortunately for them in this business if you want to succeed you have to be prepared to take a risk. This lot aren't prepared to. They just want steady away all the time going nowhere.

When we had near sell out attendance for the Oxford “ party “ game in our promotion season the whole club and fan base was buzzing. What did we get after that - the club pouring water on the next season led by Mowbray telling us we didn’t need any good signings, just players to “ help out the lads “. Talk about lost opportunities. Do they do it deliberately !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Out of all our summer signings, why didn't we sign Telalovic on a loan with a view to buy? A bit of a risk to sign him permanently, but guessing he's not on daft wages.

Great result and a good draw. Was hoping for an easier fixture and at home, but with 5000 in attendance it might be better to beat Chelsea at their ground.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Why in hell were they expecting under 4k ?

They are genuinely idiotic or just being extremely disrespectful with those bullshit generic replies Waggot is showing himself now as a liar of epic proportions.

How many home fans were there last night? 4,600ish? Devils advocate - when we get such low crowds it’s hard to argue that more areas of the stadium should be open particularly when we’re trying to cut costs. Not saying I agree with the decision to close the BBE per se but it’s hardly like we were turning fans away for lack of seats yesterday.

• Like 4

I think we are left with as many questions as answers going into the Leicester game, who have the best midfield 3 in the division and Ricardo Pereira drifting in there too. Plus real pace out wide and a natural goalscorer.

Sigurdsson and Moran have to start as obviously does Szmodics, but how do you fit them in? Moran and Szmodics both want to be a number 10, neither are suited anywhere else. Up front, if Leonard isnt fit then I certainly wouldnt play Telalovic. We also should consider an extra midfielder (or even centre back) but its difficult to know how to play Sigurdsson, Moran and Szmodics as the main attacking 3 whilst retaining any balance.

Sadly, I expect Pears back in goal and a continuation of the gung ho tactics without any desire to at least have Travis deeper and Leicester will be licking their lips.

• Like 2

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

How many home fans were there last night? 4,600ish? Devils advocate - when we get such low crowds it’s hard to argue that more areas of the stadium should be open particularly when we’re trying to cut costs. Not saying I agree with the decision to close the BBE per se but it’s hardly like we were turning fans away for lack of seats yesterday.

No, but the attendance went down specifically due to people who wanted to sit in the Blackburn End not wanting to move.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

For a split second, I worried that Waggott had infiltrated us, reporting on a success.

Then I saw it was from "one of our own".

Assuming this was an attempt at a 'joke'. Anyway...

Good to see Rovers get the win last night. The Kevin Keegan style 'we'll score more than you' football continues, which is fine when we're on the side of victory 😁.

Chuffed to see Moran and Siggy scoring, shame Telalovic sounded pretty anonymous.

Another good Cup performance from Garrett as well. How did Tronstad get on?

6 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Assuming this was an attempt at a 'joke'. Anyway...

Good to see Rovers get the win last night. The Kevin Keegan style 'we'll score more than you' football continues, which is fine when we're on the side of victory 😁.

Chuffed to see Moran and Siggy scoring, shame Telalovic sounded pretty anonymous.

Another good Cup performance from Garrett as well. How did Tronstad get on?

I wasnt that impressed by Tronstad at all, gave the ball away a few times and one thing I find strange is that this style was clearly in mind prior to the season, so to sign someone for that position who struggles to receive the ball in deep areas on the half turn seems a bit strange.

• Like 1

Funny how opinions can vary so much, I thought Tronstad was excellent, my best players from last night in order of bestest were:

1.  Morgan

2.  Markanday

3.  Siggy / Tronstad 

The rest...

Tronstad massively helped shore us up, and in my opinion exactly what we have been missing recently.  I will be shocked if he isn't paired up with Travis on Sunday.  We need a proper CDM given the way we play and that is either Tronstad or Travis, Wharton is not a CDM.. he is a CM, he makes mistakes right now and needs protecting so he can play and develop.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think we are left with as many questions as answers going into the Leicester game, who have the best midfield 3 in the division and Ricardo Pereira drifting in there too. Plus real pace out wide and a natural goalscorer.

Sigurdsson and Moran have to start as obviously does Szmodics, but how do you fit them in? Moran and Szmodics both want to be a number 10, neither are suited anywhere else. Up front, if Leonard isnt fit then I certainly wouldnt play Telalovic. We also should consider an extra midfielder (or even centre back) but its difficult to know how to play Sigurdsson, Moran and Szmodics as the main attacking 3 whilst retaining any balance.

Sadly, I expect Pears back in goal and a continuation of the gung ho tactics without any desire to at least have Travis deeper and Leicester will be licking their lips.

I would be tempted to go for the below if Leonard isn't fit. Extra body in midfield, look to out compete them. Fair enough no number 9 but the front three all scoring.... not carrying players who are not goal threats up top. Worth a go, can always bring a proper 9 on.

Wahlstadt

Brittain      Carter     Hyam    Pickering

Travis     Wharton    Garrett

Sigurdson    Szmodics    Moran

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When we had near sell out attendance for the Oxford “ party “ game in our promotion season the whole club and fan base was buzzing. What did we get after that - the club pouring water on the next season lead by Mowbray telling us we did need any good signings, just players to “ help out the lads “. Talk about lost opportunities. Do they do it deliberately !

They should have had season tickets on sale at the Oxford game and offered some sort of discount or reward to those attending the Oxford game if they committed to a season ticket.

But instead they left it for weeks after the season ended before finally releasing them for sale and when they did they slapped another price increase on top.

A captive audience of 25000+ Rovers fans in the ground for the last game of the season and not a single mention of season tickets for the following campaign. If it isn't deliberate you'd struggle to think up a more suicidal approach.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

So Swag isn't even replying to supporters emails himself but allowing his PA (a f****** PA for him when we are skint btw) to do so in his behalf. This has been such an emotive subject and if he had any sense he would respond directly to each email with a call or at the very least an return email explaining his rationale. His cowardly cop out sums him up.

In fairness, Christina isn't just a PA for Steve, she also works for Mike Cheston and does a number of other roles at the club.  Like many who work at the club they seem to have a variety of roles that they fill.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Neal said:

Sorry but it's not a good sign that Telalovic isn't grabbing that ball to take that pen. Supposed to be the main man FFS, act like it at least. 

Telalovic wasn't the best last night but to be fair to him he did want the Penalty he tried to get the ball but Siggy was having none of it and took it JRC aslo wanted to take it but nobody was getting ball of Siggy

Markanday has to be ahead of Dolan tried to take players on and looked to play direct rather than Dolans 26 twirls and then pass ball back.

Tronstad looked far better last night won some great challenges and looked like he is taking on board what is being asked with some good forward passes rather than sideways and backwards like JDT criticised him for.

I thought Hill looked good strong and powerful and good pace which we lack at the back.  I think S Wharton needs a complete break away from football for a period of time.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Less the circa 1k that stayed away due to the BBE end being closed it's impossible to make an argument it makes any sense whatsoever to piss off some of the hardest hardcore fans.  The savings are completely written off by those that chose not to attend therefore reducing the takings anyway.

Pointless.

And Cardiff had how many ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When we had near sell out attendance for the Oxford “ party “ game in our promotion season the whole club and fan base was buzzing. What did we get after that - the club pouring water on the next season lead by Mowbray telling us we did need any good signings, just players to “ help out the lads “. Talk about lost opportunities. Do they do it deliberately !

I think after 13 years of this the answer is an absolutely definite yes.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We also should consider an extra midfielder (or even centre back) but its difficult to know how to play Sigurdsson, Moran and Szmodics as the main attacking 3 whilst retaining any balance.

I'd do exactly that at the moment with Gallagher and Ennis out. I'd have Sigurdsson, Moran and Szmodics as a very fluid front three and have an extra body in midfield to make us less vulnerable defensively. 

Always the option to bring Leonard on later in the game if it's not working.

I had very low expectations for Telalovic from the off. 

• Like 3