BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

3 hours ago, lraC said:

Probably. I used it, as it is a part of the ground I knew, but that said, if the tickets are on sale or no return, Waggott will probably close it, based on the number we last took to Chelsea for a cup time.

If it's sale or return he'll probably be telling Chelsea he agrees to top whack pricing and ask for 500 !

Just watched the Rovers TV recording of the full game including the last 23 minutes when the Rovers TV live audio died..

8 changes but Rovers played JDT ball as though it was the full first team.

Everybody was good but special mentions for 

Sigurdsson who is a class above

Moran is going to be a class above

Markanday really looking the part now and has goals in him

Tronstad now looking to be at the pace of Championship and a serious contender for midfield starting position 

Garrett lovely take and goal

Hill had a slip or two but is clearly good enough to play Central defence.

Telalovic not yet at Championship pace or into JDT Ball but looks like he could grow into it.

All in all the depth in our small extremely young squad is clearly a significantly level higher than Cardiff 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When we had near sell out attendance for the Oxford “ party “ game in our promotion season the whole club and fan base was buzzing. What did we get after that - the club pouring water on the next season led by Mowbray telling us we didn’t need any good signings, just players to “ help out the lads “. Talk about lost opportunities. Do they do it deliberately !

Couldn’t agree more, a once in a generation opportunity to sell ST and longer term fixed price ST, say 3 / 5 year discounted options. As it was, the biggest Rovers gathering in Ewood since the EPL Championship party had nothing to promote or sell, ST’s came out months later, almost into the new season. Fucking amateurs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

They should have had season tickets on sale at the Oxford game and offered some sort of discount or reward to those attending the Oxford game if they committed to a season ticket.

But instead they left it for weeks after the season ended before finally releasing them for sale and when they did they slapped another price increase on top.

A captive audience of 25000+ Rovers fans in the ground for the last game of the season and not a single mention of season tickets for the following campaign. If it isn't deliberate you'd struggle to think up a more suicidal approach.

Just posted similar, totally agree JHRover.

I'd be more comfortable with Telalovic if he was 18,19 or 20. Given the fact he's 23 already and highest level he's played is the German 4th tier is a slight concern. 

I have faith in the lad to come good though, especially under JDT.

Hill looks really nice BTW, I wouldn't be adverse to having him partner Carter at the back, Brittain or JRC at left back with the other taking the right back role (never been a fan of Pickering)

Tronstad showing us last night why he's going to be a key player for us! I'd honestly sit him in front of the back 4 and have Wharton and Travis ahead and have a very fluid front 3 of Siggy, Moran and Szmodicz.

And then with the likes of Leonard, Markandy, Dolan, Telalovic, Ennis, Gilsenan and Garret we have some nice depth to change things if plan A isn't going well.

Anyways brilliant result but annoying to see Cardiff fans talk utter bollocks on us saying things like "getting battered by teams like blackburn"   "poor result against a team with a smaller fan base, worse facility's then us etc"  bloody criminal that coming from the smallest club in Wales.

Loving the plaudits though, commentators etc are all praising Rovers and how we play, loving it!

• Like 1

Enjoyed the traditional version of Wild Rover last night, how it should be. 

Cracking entertainment last night, although it was already 1-1 when we got in, the M65 was closed due to a young lad threatening to throw himself off Shad bridge. 

Thankfully he didn't. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I really dont get whats happened with Scott. He was superb season before last but seems so off it these days. I cant think of a young established player having such a drop off in form except Jansen and obviously he had a serious head injury. I dont think Scott had a major injury? Anyone know of anything that moved him from being superb prospect to fourth choice so quickly?

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but didn't he suffer a ruptured Achilles which sidelined him for nigh on a whole season??

That might be relevant. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

333 of them officially. Great effort for a Wednesday night when they knew they'd make wholesale changes. 

Cardiff has a population of 360k, with a wider metro population of just under 1.1 million. They have zero competition of note, in fact in the whole of Wales (3 million people) there's only one other side to realistically compete with. Being generous and leaning more towards the 'just Cardiff' figure, it's the equivalent of us taking about 100 fans there. For which I expect we would be roundly mocked.

However, it's a great effort from the ones who did go, perhaps that's all you meant? Slightly poor numbers for a city of their size though. Not that I'm one to cast much judgement on attendance figures anyway tbh, they are what they are and people have all sorts of reasons for going or not.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/videos/

JDT has a massive dig.  We missed the supporters in the BE!! Yes  JDT!! He is not a yes man. He loves giving these interviews to be honest and clear 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he reads this forum(hi Jon! ✋🏻☺️), he seems to be very switched on and mirrors a lot of our views on how the club is being run and what an idiot Sw4ggott is. 

• Like 2

On 25/09/2023 at 19:08, bazza said:

Ask the Wigan supporters. They were trying to avoid relegation whilst on a good cup run. They went all out to win the cup and did so. What did it matter that they were relegated that season or the next or the one after?

Wigan's name is on the list of FA Cup winners for evermore just like Blackburn Olympic.

I rather have PL football every week and season than win the cup and been in League 1 right now. 

23 hours ago, ABBEY said:

kinnell good job i didnt go then

same here, didn't go which I felt wrong for not attending but thought my stance was right and still do. Last night game was a great opportunity for the club to grow the fan base, reduce food prices(like Newcastle did), etc but Waggott and Rovers didn't do that. No dynamic approach or forward thinking from them

21 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The owners are obviously a massive problem, but so is the CEO - our marketing / commercial efforts are horrendous. We were on TV about 20 times last season and still couldn't find a better shirt sponsor than a local vaping company - that's just throwing money away. Obviously the less said about our efforts to engage with fans (old, new and returning) the better. 

very true, no problem with Totally Wicked wanting to sponsor the club but the club should have be able to find a proper sponsor who will paid more than Totally Wicked 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Out of all our summer signings, why didn't we sign Telalovic on a loan with a view to buy? A bit of a risk to sign him permanently, but guessing he's not on daft wages.

Rovers scouted him and I think Telalovic will need time to learn but JDT is good at improving players. Telalovic is work in progress. Gallagher last night on Radio Lancs said he felt sorry for him cos we didn't play to his strengths. Telalovic is work in progress. Just look at much Harry Leonard has learnt, developed and improved in the last 12 months due to JDT's influence and other coaches working with him 

50 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/videos/

JDT has a massive dig.  We missed the supporters in the BE!! Yes  JDT!! He is not a yes man. He loves giving these interviews to be honest and clear 

JDT made a comment on Radio Lancs post match about prices being too high to buy. JDT clearly understand the fans and the way he has embraced the area, the fanbase and interaction with the fans is a joy to see and I am proud he is Rovers head coach

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I have faith in the lad to come good though, especially under JDT.

We can't rely on JDT to continuously perform miracles to cover for the owners failings though.

He'll get fed up of this. He's ambitious and thought he was buying into a genuine project.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, philipl said:

8 changes but Rovers played JDT ball as though it was the full first team.

I love this bit about him. Quite clear that there is a unity of purpose and method throughout the club.

Everyone from top to bottom is being coached on the same principles.

TV commentators rave about the quality of our attacking football which looks more akin to the Premiership than what has been the usual rough and tumble of the Championship. That said, there is more quality in the Championship these days.

If only JDT had sufficient quality and experience at his disposal to go with it and it wouldn't have cost that much. But the Club had to suffer for a Venky's decision to spend £7M on a house! 

• Like 3

There definitely is a plan and a specific way that Tomasson has really got across. The worry is especially with an average, young and thin group, whether it is naive in quite how gung ho it is and whether Tomasson will be willing to compromise that to retain a level of solidity. Chance creation is really good but we are also letting other teams create too many chances.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but didn't he suffer a ruptured Achilles which sidelined him for nigh on a whole season??

That might be relevant. 

He ruptured his achilles in December 2020, but had his excellent season in 21/22. So unless it recurred in some way don't think its a factor.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-scott-wharton-interview-22356765.amp

• Like 1

On 28/09/2023 at 06:29, ABBEY said:

Haha pissing laughing... 

You turned out OK 

F em

Hey me ol mucker how you been mate,.never the same here without Abs all we need now is a return of Gordon.

You still following them donkeys in Denver?