BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Absolutely no point in taking notice of the table at this stage - Preston are at the top end, for example.

It’ll level out, as it always does.

Our performances have been mostly good so far, the results will catch up once we start cutting out the soft goals.

Doesn't look like their is an end in sight regarding cutting them out does it. Another 2 today and counting. The manager can't sort the defense out. Shipping goals galore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlueXIII said:

As frustrating as all this is, it unfortunately reflects the difference in budgets. We have no striker to simply smash one in; a defence and GK that here and there handle the basics but are mostly in the team not because they have proven themselves, but because we have no funds for anyone that can deal with actual quality opposition, such as Vardy. If anything our chance creation is better than you'd expect, but that counts for nothing. 

The Venkys BR Facebook account touted how we have "signed 7 players" but its October and only 2 are playing. That says it all for what JDT was given.

Luton got promoted last season. Maybe the manager should consider the quality of his players when choosing tactics. Nevermind. I forgot that the results don't matter as we're just developing players now.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

What the fuck does conceeding shite goals and looking like conceeding every time a team attacks got to do with a striker? Absolutely brain dead thought process. "We got hammered 5-0...yeah I know we really need a striker, what can the manager do?". Clueless.

Teams know they can let us come forward because more often that not we don’t take our chances, and that allows them a huge advantage?

But not signing Batth and a LB doesn’t help. And having Pears giving a goal or two every game doesn’t help.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Anyone who doesn’t think we’re in danger of a relegation fight is kidding themselves We’re defensively incredibly frail/open, we have one confirmed shit keeper, with another who must be crap to not have displaced the former and to top it off have zero threat up front. 

We won’t be in a relegation fight this season and I’d be happy to wager £200 on it, if you fancy it?

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Anyone who doesn’t think we’re in danger of a relegation fight is kidding themselves We’re defensively incredibly frail/open, we have one confirmed shit keeper, with another who must be crap to not have displaced the former and to top it off have zero threat up front. 

Honestly, I think we will be on the preiphery of it without ever being ina real scrap. I think its gonna be a long hard season.

I beg you all to watch the CBs. They've been told to follow their attackers far into the other half - and constantly leave a huge void in the centre of the defensive half.

It happened for the goal today, and is what caused Pickering's red card situation.

Vardy drops deep - cbs follow him - ball goes right down the middle and it'd 2 vs 2 with our full backs and wingers.

It's 80% of the cause of most dangerous attacks. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Luton got promoted last season. Maybe the manager should consider the quality of his players when choosing tactics. Nevermind. I forgot that the results don't matter as we're just developing players now.

Luton with the two top drawer Championship strikers.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Teams know they can let us come forward because more often that not we don’t take our chances, and that allows them a huge advantage?

But not signing Batth and a LB doesn’t help. And having Pears giving a goal or two every game doesn’t help.

Big time.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I don't think we'll be worse over the season than at least three other teams in the division, so I don't see us going down. I think JDT will win us enough games at Ewood to ultimately keep us around mid-table. It's just very frustrating to see a team that had potential to push on from last season being so brutally hamstrung by the owners' negligence and failure to give the recruitment team a suitable environment to work in. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

I think asking people to put their money where their mouth is isn't such a bad thing. 

For a post that said we’re in “danger” of a relegation fight? The childishness of trying to make schoolyard bets with strangers on the internet aside, I’m not even sure how you’d decided who won? My post never said we will definitely get relegated. Was just an incredibly silly response 

• Like 1