BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

3 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Is it possible we have the roles of Travis and Adam Wharton completely the wrong way round?

Wharton would score, create chances and not tire as much in an advance position IMO. Travis has the legs to keep up if we are ever caught out at the back and he is the player who CAN cover for 2.

For me Wharton is a bit of a luxury CM. I would ideally play him in front of a midfield 2, in Travis and Tronstad. Certainly against a good team who can counter.

but JDT clearly wants our player who is most comfortable on the ball closer to our defenders since we play out from the back.

When I heard we’d signed Tronstad I thought he’d be the player to play alongside Travis and let Wharton play further forward. So far he hasn’t made the grade.

At the moment it’s like playing Berkovic or Bohinen at the back instead of where they could do the most damage.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I notice the clamour for Leo has tempered a bit recently after we've let plenty goals in during his 1.5 game appearance.

Rovers really should have signed an experienced back up keeper which would also help with the coaching of the others.

Should never have sold Kaminski

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Howard Kendall what a player and a manager .. Happy days well remembered...

Indeed, a golden age when we were on our knees and he brought us back up and then very nearly made it to the top tier the very next season. We were skint but he wasn’t bothered about taking years for a journey, just happy to make us incredibly hard to beat and loving 1 0 wins. Still remember the hurt at Eastville, we did our job that day, Kevin Stonehouse (RIP) with the goal but Preston losing to Swansea saw us miss out.  

• Like 4

I keep reading that the score line flattered Leicester.

Im not sure about that. They weren’t four lucky goals were they? 

Like I said that was classic relegation football from rovers. Teams with leaky defences and no strikers always struggle.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Should never have sold Kaminski

A player who came here to further his career it was inevitable at some point a Prem club comes calling.

What we shouldn't do is replace him with the back up keeper and a rookie but lessons never get learned at Ewood under this ownership.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

I can’t believe Greg Broughton is getting a free ride. His recruitment this summer has been pathetic. I have hopes for Siggurdsson but beyond that I’m struggling to see an improvement! 

Strangely once they decided it was feed the whole club with a couple of loaf's and bottle of wine, his job became impossible. Trying to bring 7 or 8 players in with less than a million quid is asking the impossible, if you then expect those players to be better than what left, then disappointment awaits.

I was not overly impressed with last summer, but he has already said he used the previous coaches/scouting lists to sign players.

January hook line and sunk, its GBS Fault, we missed out on the play offs by goal difference, and those deals that fell through were far more than just "We will learn from it".

However this window, he has been fooooooked over like the rest of us, and I cannot apportion the blame at his door.

So on the whole, I'd say circumstances have intervened more than they should of during his tenure, and he needs to be given a chance.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, JohnD said:

The question was a joke.

How many keepers come off their line these days? I don't think that many?

I don't think he should have given away the corner. I want my defenders to clear balls in the 6 yard box. Leicester rarely score from corners. I wonder JDT gives instructions regarding coming off the line?

All the good ones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Pears has had plenty of chances already, that’s the problem. 
How many goals does he have to cost us, before we drop him then?

I'm not defending him or otherwise , I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be dropped. I'm pointing out that some of the criticism and blame has been ridiculous. 

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, M_B said:

I'm not defending him or otherwise , I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be dropped. I'm pointing out that some of the criticism and blame has been ridiculous. 

You got any examples? What I’ve seen, was people being critical of a goalkeeper making mistake after mistake.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

Is it possible we have the roles of Travis and Adam Wharton completely the wrong way round?

Wharton would score, create chances and not tire as much in an advance position IMO. Travis has the legs to keep up if we are ever caught out at the back and he is the player who CAN cover for 2.

For me Wharton is a bit of a luxury CM. I would ideally play him in front of a midfield 2, in Travis and Tronstad. Certainly against a good team who can counter.

but JDT clearly wants our player who is most comfortable on the ball closer to our defenders since we play out from the back.

Anything is worth a try at this point but we have seen before travis can’t take the ball on the half turn and doesn’t have that beautiful pass to get us truly on the front foot. That’s the one quality that sets Adam apart from the rest 

On 02/10/2023 at 11:48, Penwortham Blue said:

Indeed, a golden age when we were on our knees and he brought us back up and then very nearly made it to the top tier the very next season. We were skint but he wasn’t bothered about taking years for a journey, just happy to make us incredibly hard to beat and loving 1 0 wins. Still remember the hurt at Eastville, we did our job that day, Kevin Stonehouse (RIP) with the goal but Preston losing to Swansea saw us miss out.  

Don't feel like focussing on tonight's result, so I'm catching up with threads other than the one dealing with that match.

I remember driving back from Brizzle that Saturday evening totally gutted that, as @Penwortham Blue comments, we'd done all we could be expected to, yet were coming home to another season in Division Two. It felt like a real kick in the proverbials, especially when we passed their supporters' coaches on their way back to Wales.

Little did we know of the roller-coaster ride we were due to experience over the coming thirty years or so!

Then the Walker Trust sold us. 😟🙁☹️

• Like 1