BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

1 hour ago, booth said:

Waggott will be laughing his massive t*ts off at some of these comments on here.

Hes just had 3 teams on the bounce in the league bringing 3k+ fans so he'll be looking good in Pune with his takings figures.

39 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The highlights appeared to be Mcilroy launching in to a 4 letter word tirade on a caddy in the car park, Cantlay protesting over not getting paid for representing his country and Koepka not giving a damn.

What a pile of shite. The highlights were teamwork, players showing emotion, players caring about individual and team results, playing under immense pressure to the best of their ability. The best team event in world sport bar none. Football has much to learn but never does. Oh and Rovers were crap again making the same silly mistakes time and time again. L1 beckons again. Oh for Howard Kendall “boring”us with magnificent 1-0 wins week after relentless week until the opposition gave up. Don’t think JDT has that in his locker

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The highlights appeared to be Mcilroy launching in to a 4 letter word tirade on a caddy in the car park, Cantlay protesting over not getting paid for representing his country and Koepka not giving a damn.

Maybe Mercer has forget about these incidents 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Don't be surprised if Neil Warnock gets a S.O.S. call before Christmas!

No chance. 

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Does Jackson have the minerals to ask the club proper questions, 2 weeks into the job ?

What questions do you want him to ask? 

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

He had no chance, the header hit the side netting. 

err, the original cross was sailing over the bar until he decided to give them a corner.  Then he was rooted to his line for the incoming cross for the goal, a good goalie comes and takes it.  His starting position was all wrong for the expected cross.  Poor stuff.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I honestly don't think we are miles off, and a couple of changes and tweaks to the system will have us play with a much better balance.

The Pears experiment is certainly over for the time being at least. Wahlstedt will get a run in the team and we'll see how he fares. Can't really cast much judgement on him for today. As soon as the pen was given it was game over.

I think this is closer to where I'm at with things. I think some of the posts have been a bit over the top. I don't think we are that bad albeit we are at the moment a team that plays great football but we have some very obvious flaws that is costing us points and is ultimately what makes us a sub par team at this stage. We've got two winnable games coming up it could easily turn around and in the same breath If we lose both we are in a bit of trouble. That's the championship for you.

I think JDT is half wrong and half right in blaming individual errors. Yes players are making them and there is a lack of alternatives but in the case of say Carter, he's being exposed a lot, it's a tough ask to be a cb in our system. Similarly if someone loses the ball in the opponents half needlessly it shouldn't expose us as much as its doing. If you look at today for example we conceded a poor goal from a set piece but that corner came from us being over stretched after loosing possesion.

Ultimately we have a 'development squad', too little experience, too many projects, not enough height and physicality, not enough proven quality and that's not on the manager. I don't think a Neil warnock type would get anything out of this squad. Im a fan of JDT, he's been dealt a bad hand by the venkys but he certainly cannot be absolved of responsibility for our current form, he does have some cards he can play he's just not played them yet and seems to have doubled down. A slight rethink is needed for Wednesday.

We've just got to stick Travis or tronstad next to Wharton (who needs help) and not kick brittain on so much. Keep it tighter because this gung ho football isn't working in part because we havent got enough quality to outscore most teams.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

err, the original cross was sailing over the bar until he decided to give them a corner.  Then he was rooted to his line for the incoming cross for the goal, a good goalie comes and takes it.  His starting position was all wrong for the expected cross.  Poor stuff.

A decent keeper just gets that cross

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Even a £600k one?

How much did we pay for Sir Roger?

Oh come on John. That's a silly question. How much did I pay for the Beano when I was a kid. 3d.  How much is it now?  £3

6 minutes ago, bazza said:

Oh come on John. That's a silly question. How much did I pay for the Beano when I was a kid. 3d.  How much is it now?  £3

The question was a joke.

How many keepers come off their line these days? I don't think that many?

I don't think he should have given away the corner. I want my defenders to clear balls in the 6 yard box. Leicester rarely score from corners. I wonder JDT gives instructions regarding coming off the line?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

He had no chance, the header hit the side netting. 

(assuming you’re on about the first goal and stating the header hit the inside netting - but people aren’t blaming Pears for his shot stopping on the goal)

I’ve never seen a keeper as week at dominating his 6 yard box. He does not come and claim anything, even the absolute bread and butter. 
How many more examples of this do some fans need? Huddersfield, Coventry, today, probably more direct crosses I’m missing 

Birmingham and Luton he could have dealt with on original cross too, Millwall and Ipswich not dealing with a ball over the top, Hull City where he was positioned somewhere near the M65. 

All this on top of the fact he put the ball out for a corner that was a yard over the bar, because again, his position was all completely wrong.

He should not be playing Championship football, and if our management team are adamant he should, then we should have spent our £800k sofa change on a striker, loan or permanent, and not a keeper to sit behind him 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Agree about the corner - thought the flight of the ball for the cross they scored from would have been difficult for any keeper

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bazza said:

JDT is bound to change something. He has his reputation to think of, surely.

I think his reputation is in pretty good shape right now tbh.

We are getting some plaudits for our "playing style" and he's obviously not been backed over the summer.

The CEO bizarrely went on record saying his remit is to develop players and stay in the championship. He can easily point to several players who have improved and a batch youngsters he's integrated into the first team.

If, we continue to leak goals like a sieve and end up in the bottom 3 for any reasonable length of time, that's when his reputation might start getting some question marks.

• Like 1

Leicester were a level above Rovers. 4-1 was unfair, but a win was a long shot.

An awful start. Good recovery, then go in at the break down to a class goal from Vardy. Then dominate the first 20 minutes of the second half, only to give away a daft penalty. Game over. 

Rovers need a new keeper, some height, a midfield grafter, and someone who can score goals. 

Rovers won't go down, but there isn't much to look forward to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

(assuming you’re on about the first goal and stating the header hit the inside netting - but people aren’t blaming Pears for his shot stopping on the goal)

I’ve never seen a keeper as week at dominating his 6 yard box. He does not come and claim anything, even the absolute bread and butter. 
How many more examples of this do some fans need? Huddersfield, Coventry, today, probably more direct crosses I’m missing 

Birmingham and Luton he could have dealt with on original cross too, Millwall and Ipswich not dealing with a ball over the top, Hull City where he was positioned somewhere near the M65. 

All this on top of the fact he put the ball out for a corner that was a hard over the bar, because again, his position was all completely wrong.

He should not be playing Championship football, and if our management team are adamant he should, then we should have spent our £800k sofa change on a striker, loan or permanent. 

I was being slightly sarcastic, the person I replied to exonerated Wahlstedt of any blame for the 2 goals he let in against Cardiff because they both "hit the side netting". 

At the match I thought it was a good ball in, and poor defending leaving a free header. Having seen it on TV, especially from the Riverside camera, it looks like a good ball in, and poor defending leaving a fee header. I haven't seen the original ball in which he palmed behind, if he should have left it then that's fair enough, but every keeper is safety first. 

Some of the scrutiny of Pears over the past few weeks has been ridiculous verging on ludicrous. All keepers make mistakes, Wahlstedt in the short time he was on almost gifted them a chance with a poor pass out, and then did gift them the 4th.

It looks like Wahlstedt may have a good run in the team,time to put away the microscopes and give the lad a chance. 

• Like 1