BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

22 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I share your frustration but what else can we do? The town doesn't seem able to sustain a club at our level 

Jees ..I'd take a  gander at out illustrious history if I was you.

Today I  thought we was totally outclassed in every department. 

Tactics need changing urgently.  This kamikaze style is stupid , you can't expect to score 5 to win . Also why allow them to stand still on the ball for 30 seconds at a time...imagine keeley or sav doing this 

No striker didn't work for pep in the end and  he brought in . I ain't looked but there's gotta be a free agent that's better than what we have. 

Venkys never refuse a cheque was the mantra  now at least people are waking up to what I've preached for 13 clucking years.

Off now time to watch me broncos get another arse kicking ...long long miserable day this will be . . Beer n jack  will get me thru.

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I can’t believe Greg Broughton is getting a free ride. His recruitment this summer has been pathetic. I have hopes for Siggurdsson but beyond that I’m struggling to see an improvement! 

I actually have as much sympathy for him as JDT on the what he has to work with narrative.

They clearly brought him in for his knowledge of cheap Scandi/Euro markets similar to Tomasson himself.  Tiny budget and has to find players that we need in certain positions but that fit the Head coaches system and will come to BRFC, relocate and not get a fortune for it - by footballs standards.

Siggy is a plus, Leo we don't know yet but i think Benson was in on that one, Moran a good signing, Tronstad is ok from what iv'e seen but underused. Hill i think will be decent and should be in the team now, Ennis a very silly signing, a desperate one.

As was Tele but they've had a remit for a young striker to develop all along, Hirst was the guy but for some reason that went wrong.  Now we have what appears to be a downgrade on even him but time will tell.

So a mixed bag really so far.

29 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the owners don`t decide to play suicide football and leave massive acres of space for the opposition to exploit do they??you can give a manager 100 million quid but if he sets a team up like jdt has been doing he won`t get results,today was all down to him,attacking a far superior team who basically soaked everything up and exploited the space that was left,we might get away with it against the poorer sides but the better ones will exploit it,thats what we are seeing this season,im`e not sure why we are playing like this tbh

The owners, or should I say the bloke they delegate running of the club to, decide to only sign young players, to adopt a 'project' of creating value in young players. This 'project' requires that players are prioritised depending on their likely re-sale value, that 'older' players are phased out and removed, and I firmly believe there is a desire for us to play this suicide football because it will aid the 'project' of getting more value into people. 

It's easier to attract bids for people like Szmodics and Leonard when we're creating loads of chances under this system than it would be playing the way we were early last year.

When JDT arrived he was pragmatic and conservative in his approach. 12 months on he's suicidal. I believe that's either because he's been told to play that way by people above him or more likely feels he has no other option but to do so due to the suicidal transfer policy they have installed.

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Of course it did and possibly might now but WE DO HAVE VENKYS FFS!

I know this. You go on like they’re the only possible owners we could have.

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Bull shit , we were doing OK before Venkys turned up ! 

But they did turn up and don't seem to be going away. 

This iteration of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, in its current guise, cannot be financially supported by the town.

• Backroom
Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Still plenty of games left to turn things around of course. But we should all be concerned with how many goals we’re letting in. 

Only need an injury or 2 and we could end up in a mess with how thin our squad is. 

We already have injuries - Gallagher, Ennis, Leonard, Pears, Hedges...

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, JohnD said:

But they did turn up and don't seem to be going away. 

This iteration of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, in its current guise, cannot be financially supported by the town.

It absolutely could be, I think you’re trolling or deliberately missing the point.

33 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the owners don`t decide to play suicide football and leave massive acres of space for the opposition to exploit do they??you can give a manager 100 million quid but if he sets a team up like jdt has been doing he won`t get results,today was all down to him,attacking a far superior team who basically soaked everything up and exploited the space that was left,we might get away with it against the poorer sides but the better ones will exploit it,thats what we are seeing this season,im`e not sure why we are playing like this tbh

Which way do you play this team? And which of these players do you play as a first eleven?

I fell out with JDT for playing Pears and being rigid in starting some players, but I can't see many managers getting more out of them. We've got a few decent players, some good future prospects, some very inconsistent players that are occasionally good on their day, and some players who shouldn't be in this league. And no strikers. The youngsters will always make mistakes and the shit players will always be shit.

We've got owners that from day one have demanded pretty football over results, the development of youngsters over experience, and loanees over solid signings.

We don't play like this and we play a different brand of shit with these players.

Lost our main source of goals and our goalie, with seemingly no effort to better the squad, which was reinforced by the CEO's remarks.

Bring in a head coach with the promise of a project and a remit of playing pretty football, then don't back him, then expect him to keep the club from being relegated.

I'll always hold Venkys to blame, along with their acolytes Waggott and Pasha for not having the foresight to prepare for us not having a pot to piss in. No long term plan or real goals, they are just letting the club die slowly. At least 10 years ago they pretended to care, now they couldn't care less what we think.

• Like 4

my thoughts on the game, 

I thought we played some good attractive football going forward until the 3rd goal. Moran was excellent in the 10 role. JDT was clever how when Leicester had the ball, Szmodics and Moran would mark their 2 defensive midfielders in Winks and Pereira with Travis and Wharton marking Ndini and Dewsbury-Hall with Markanday and Sigurdsson marking Justin and Faes leaving their central centre back Vestergaard with the ball alot who did nothing with it majority of the time. 

We conceded a very poor goal 5 mins in with Faes scoring. Travis lost his man very easily. Second goal came from our own throw in. Third goal was a penalty. no complaints. Fourth goal, we were chasing the game. Nothing Pears or Wahlstedt could do with either goal. Never thought we were ever cut open by Leicester who created very little IMO. Had Travis scored when 1-2 we might have got a draw or even a win. 

This squad is playing well going forward and I can understand why we playing this style cos it suits our squad and we need to create chances to win. I think our squad is work in progress and we have young talent squad but I deffo don't feel relegation and I still think JDT is the right head coach for us right now and the beyond. I am not in panic mood and worry mood. Lets go and win at Coventry and QPR which will settle people down alot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I know this. You go on like they’re the only possible owners we could have.

Oh no I don't! That's simply you and a few others reading stuff that isn't written. Absolutely typical of this board.

I started a topic asking how we can get rid of them, I don't see how that happens without starting again.

Yes, I'd love to see Venky's out but it's easy to say it, how does it happen?

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It absolutely could be, I think you’re trolling or deliberately missing the point.

Go on then, tell me how it happens!

What point am I missing?

Venky's have ruined this club, no question, sick of saying it.

But they are still here, still fecking it up, what can be done about it?

Your definition of a troll seems to be someone writing stuff you don't like.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

with respect thats utter rubbish,for most of our history we`ve been in the top two divisions

It's not entirely rubbish, Venkys have caused untold damage to the clubs image. Some people will never return even if they went and running a football club is much more expensive than in the 60s/70s/80s.

But there must be someone else out there with money who would want to buy ex-Premier League winning historical English football club, who doesn't have chicken shit for brains.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Do you honestly think , he is a better manager than Mowbray ?

I was no lover of Mowbray and was glad he went...

yes I do. Best league finish since relegation

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The owners, or should I say the bloke they delegate running of the club to, decide to only sign young players, to adopt a 'project' of creating value in young players. This 'project' requires that players are prioritised depending on their likely re-sale value, that 'older' players are phased out and removed, and I firmly believe there is a desire for us to play this suicide football because it will aid the 'project' of getting more value into people. 

It's easier to attract bids for people like Szmodics and Leonard when we're creating loads of chances under this system than it would be playing the way we were early last year.

When JDT arrived he was pragmatic and conservative in his approach. 12 months on he's suicidal. I believe that's either because he's been told to play that way by people above him or more likely feels he has no other option but to do so due to the suicidal transfer policy they have installed.

I think this style of play was always the way he wanted to play and entertain the fans. He took that pragmatic and conservative approach cos of the squad getting used to his style of play and we learn and develop by end of the season to what he wanted. Now we improve on it again 

I don't think he has been told to play this way cos I can't JDT taking those sort of instructions on. 

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Which way do you play this team? And which of these players do you play as a first eleven?

you play more conservatively and don`t have everyone racing up field leaving most of ewood park exposed,ffs it`s basic football philosophy,make the opposition work for it and don`t give them any space,when you hav`nt got the ball,make the pitch small,when you have it make it bigger,jdt might want a holding midfielder or two in the side as well

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you play more conservatively and don`t have everyone racing up field leaving most of ewood park exposed,ffs it`s basic football philosophy,make the opposition work for it and don`t give them any space,when you hav`nt got the ball,make the pitch small,when you have it make it bigger,jdt might want a holding midfielder or two in the side as well

We did today play abit more conservatively didn't we as I explained in my first post match comments 

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

But then what happens when we still struggle to score and lose, and our midfield is still none existent. That's what will be going through JDT's mind.

I do think we'll see a more conservative approach at some point, I reckon the idea was that we don't have any goalscorers so we have to just go for it. Our attackers at the moment are a bunch of midfielders - Sigurdsson, Szmodics and Moran. That's bonkers and entirely down to transfer dealings.

Has there ever been such an unbalanced set of players at a football club?

Something is clearly not working, despite this "cavalier" approach and creating more chances, we've still only scored 13 goals, which is pretty average in comparison to the rest of the league. 

Hugely concerning that along with Southampton, we've conceded the most goals in the league (20). 

I'm not buying his "it's individual errors" costing us goals argument as we're now shipping, on average, over 2 goals per game. 

He absolutely needs to rethink this approach and address the balance, we aren't going to win many games if we keep conceding goals at this rate.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you only add value by winning games

Absolutely.

I keep hearing that none of this is JDT's fault as it is allegedly his remit to develop players and add value to them and it must just be me but I can't for the life of me see how we're developing or adding value to anyone by conceding 2-4 goals every game and getting thumped every week!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We got what we ultimately deserved for our defending, but wish the ref had been eagle-eyed on shitty shirt-pulls all game 

First goal.

IMG20231001171818.jpg

IMG20231001171801.jpg

And he's right in front of it. Vardy told him to eff off to his throughout the game as well. Maybe you have to be in this league for a few seasons for the rules to take full effect.