BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

48 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I share your frustration but what else can we do? The town doesn't seem able to sustain a club at our level 

It’s got nothing to do with this town being unable to sustain a club at our level . This town has proudly sustained this club for years and years …but when the heart is ripped out, when the CEO is without intellect or ambition, when it’s owned by who it is …it’s not frustration John…it’s bloody amazing that we get the people through the gate we do. It’s like being present at the  last rites …every week . 

• Like 3

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Glad the focus was on our goals conceded, not sure I agree with him saying it's not because we're open, though... we are. That's inevitable because of the way we play, but still, the amount of shots we typically allow against us suggests we are open. We did better at that today with only 11 shots against, we just conceded all four that were on target. 

I'm not sure our first eleven necessarily has a problem with experience. Pears has a number of games under his belt now, and Wahlstedt has a Swedish cap - although he's obviously inexperienced at this level. Brittain is 25 and experienced in this league. Hyam is 27 and similarly very experienced. Hayden Carter is 23, so whilst young, is not a youth prospect being brought in to play defence. Pickering 24 and plenty of games played. Travis a seasoned pro by this point. Wharton definitely still learning, but if we hadn't let Buckley go out on loan we'd have some experience there to rotate. Siggy is 24 with experience at levels comparable and higher to the Championship. Moran still learning his trade, as is Markanday. Typically we'd play Hedges there, though, who does have plenty of experience. Szmodics is 28 and a seasoned campaigner by this point. 

Squad depth and potential options available is where we have a major problem, and you only have to look at our bench to see evidence of that. With injuries piling up we're very limited in terms of bringing on any type of experience to positively change a game. It's not a developmental first eleven, but it's fair to say with the amount of injuries we have right now it's a bare bones squad with mostly development players remaining in reserve. A lot of question marks over how good many of our more experienced players are as well, although many of them have been part of a team that, under Mowbray, was regularly in the upper reaches of the Championship, so... they can't be that bad. 

Mowbray often trotted out the young, inexperienced team line when it wasn't really true, and I don't think it's really true for our first eleven either. There's enough experience there, there's just not enough in reserve to genuinely challenge for starting places or come on to impact games when needed.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Waggott will be laughing his massive t*ts off at some of these comments on here.

i don`t think  swag reads anything about  the fans,as we speak he`ll be tucking into a 6 course dinner making himself more obese than he already is,maybe he`ll choke on a chicken bone or some other "unfortunate" event will befall him

1 minute ago, Dolly blue said:

It’s got nothing to do with this town being unable to sustain a club at our level . This town has proudly sustained this club for years and years …but when the heart is ripped out, when the CEO is without intellect or ambition, when it’s owned by who it is …it’s not frustration John…it’s bloody amazing that we get the people through the gate we do. It’s like being present at the  last rites …every week . 

I know, I know but you're missing or avoiding my point.

It's not that club anymore and it might never be again.

I recently read, on here, that VLL now have £205m invested in Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

*If some benefactor offered to pay them £5m a year until they got their money back it would take 41 years 😱

7 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I know, I know but you're missing or avoiding my point.

It's not that club anymore and it might never be again.

I recently read, on here, that VLL now have £205m invested in Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

*If some benefactor offered to pay them £5m a year until they got their money back it would take 41 years 😱

Why should they get their money back?

Can I have my money back for things I've bought in the past? Can I get my car insurance, service, MOT costs paid back for the last 10 years? Same principle. Their spending is running costs much of which they have created. 

I take exception to your use of the term 'investment'. That word implies they are doing more than the bare minimum and are doing it to try and improve or grow the club. What they are actually doing is meeting liabilities and running costs each year, which whilst technically an investment is really just their tab. 

Same principle. They assumed responsibility for outgoings and losses the moment they darkened our door. Don't like it they can stop.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think  swag reads anything about  the fans,as we speak he`ll be tucking into a 6 course dinner making himself more obese than he already is,maybe he`ll choke on a chicken bone or some other "unfortunate" event will befall him

My sympathy is with the chicken

• Like 1

Been watching the Ryder Cup since 11.00 and thank goodness our magnificent golfers have given us cause for cheer.  Quite simply, golfers are a different class to footballers in all aspects.

Therefore, just catching up with events at Ewood and it sounds as though we were dreadful.  I have recorded the match and will watch if I'm unable to sleep in the early hours of tomorrow morning!

Make no mistake, the alarm bells are ringing loud and clearly.  Our club is at a crisis point and that is not alarmist.  I think there are so many deep rooted issues and problems that it is difficult to see how we move forward.

Don't be surprised if Neil Warnock gets a S.O.S. call before Christmas!

• Like 1

It’s looking bad at the back but I don’t fully buy the ‘suicidal approach’ messages. 
These games where we’re shipping loads are often killed off in the last 10 mins when we’re chasing (like we have to) with a 1 goal deficit.

I know a lot don’t buy into xG but Leicesters was a modest 1.97 and that includes 0.7 or so for the penalty. 
- Pears mistake (again - and that is on JDT no denying it, should have been dropped for Kaminski after the flapping at Huddersfield)

- Vardy beauty after a pin point pass

- Penalty

- Game over already as there are no leaders on the pitch (Hyam a particular joke in this area, he wouldn’t say boo to a goose)

Can’t emphasis enough how pissed off I am with how Pears starts week after week regardless of what has happened. Conceding after 3 mins to these meant it was always an uphill battle.

We won’t go down, but we need to start getting some positive results soon for sure. Embarrassing how much our heads drop after conceding, we give up at 2-1, same as Sunderland, then opposition go on to make it look like an embarrassing scoreline  

Pressure is mounting now but perhaps I’m less annoyed by what’s happening on the pitch because of how pathetic we are off the pitch. Cut off the snakes head and go from there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Been watching the Ryder Cup since 11.00 and thank goodness our magnificent golfers have given us cause for cheer.  Quite simply, golfers are a different class to footballers in all aspects.

Therefore, just catching up with events at Ewood and it sounds as though we were dreadful.  I have recorded the match and will watch if I'm unable to sleep in the early hours of tomorrow morning!

Make no mistake, the alarm bells are ringing loud and clearly.  Our club is at a crisis point and that is not alarmist.  I think there are so many deep rooted issues and problems that it is difficult to see how we move forward.

How are golfers in a different class to footballers in all aspects ?

• Like 1

I honestly don't think we are miles off, and a couple of changes and tweaks to the system will have us play with a much better balance.

The Pears experiment is certainly over for the time being at least. Wahlstedt will get a run in the team and we'll see how he fares. Can't really cast much judgement on him for today. As soon as the pen was given it was game over.

Defensively, I don't know what's happened to Carter but he's struggled in recent games. Did well against Boro but since then he's been a bit of a shambles. Hyam also seems to be struggling to capture the form he had last season. It happens, form is temporary after all. Hill in for Carter perhaps for Wednesday night? I can't imagine Scott Wharton getting the nod at the moment.

The other change is that we really need to bring in a more defensive minded midfielder. The obvious choice is Tronstad. Was he THAT bad against WBA to warrant being excluded from starting another league game? It's clearly not working in the middle at the moment so surely change it.

• Like 2

Is JDT trying to get himself sacked? We're conceding left right and centre... 

Some great stuff on the ball, but Leicester were just sitting there waiting for us to make mistakes and then pounce. 

Great goal by Vardy. Soft pen given by the ref. All in all not clinical enough, Sammie the only one with the balls to finish.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How are golfers in a different class to footballers in all aspects ?

Watch the Ryder Cup highlights, closing speeches and presentations - should give you a clue.

10 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Old, fat, unfit ......

Really ?!? 

Some of those lads in the Ryder Cup have just played up to five four hour matches in the space of three days with huge physical and mental demands.

Just now, Mercer said:

Watch the Ryder Cup highlights, closing speeches and presentations - should give you a clue.

Really ?!? 

Some of those lads in the Ryder Cup have just played up to five four hour matches in the space of three days with huge physical and mental demands.

The highlights appeared to be Mcilroy launching in to a 4 letter word tirade on a caddy in the car park, Cantlay protesting over not getting paid for representing his country and Koepka not giving a damn.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can’t stand still in football. You either go forwards or you go backwards. One thing I do know - don’t score goals when you have gilt edged chances  = relegation. First time I saw it was in 1966,  we had too many good players to go down then - but we did.

We also had a shit goalkeeper and a midfield that was overrun in the absence of Bryan Douglas.

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yes... i really thought we would have put another defensive midfielder in today, and also have dropped pears. Both decisions to persevere seem really strange.

Keeper change is now forced. Will be interesting if we stick with the tactics. We cant keep conceding at the clip we are and not change.

Perhaps he didn't change the keeper because he doesn't trust the replacement - with good reason on the evidence of the 4th goal.

4 minutes ago, den said:

I’ve not read any comments beyond what is on this one page.

That was relegation football.

Quite honestly, I’m just disappointed. I expected our defending to be our strength, and here we are giving up 3 or 4 goals, not just to Leicester, but recently promoted clubs, as well. 

Looking at October fixtures, I see five more games. I cannot see but maybe 5 pts coming from those five (3 from Cardiff, 1 each from Swans, & QPR). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

my thoughts on the game, 

I thought we played some good attractive football going forward until the 3rd goal. Moran was excellent in the 10 role. JDT was clever how when Leicester had the ball, Szmodics and Moran would mark their 2 defensive midfielders in Winks and Pereira with Travis and Wharton marking Ndini and Dewsbury-Hall with Markanday and Sigurdsson marking Justin and Faes leaving their central centre back Vestergaard with the ball alot who did nothing with it majority of the time. 

We conceded a very poor goal 5 mins in with Faes scoring. Travis lost his man very easily. Second goal came from our own throw in. Third goal was a penalty. no complaints. Fourth goal, we were chasing the game. Nothing Pears or Wahlstedt could do with either goal. Never thought we were ever cut open by Leicester who created very little IMO. Had Travis scored when 1-2 we might have got a draw or even a win. 

This squad is playing well going forward and I can understand why we playing this style cos it suits our squad and we need to create chances to win. I think our squad is work in progress and we have young talent squad but I deffo don't feel relegation and I still think JDT is the right head coach for us right now and the beyond. I am not in panic mood and worry mood. Lets go and win at Coventry and QPR which will settle people down alot. 

And if we don't.....?

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

This made me smile. I had a vision of Monty Python's Mr Creosote.

49 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I was wondering about Warnock. I wonder how or if he could change things for the better using this current squad. Be interesting but not going to happen.

Oh, and the best team we've played this season is Harrogate Town. Wish we could play them every week.

• Backroom

Can't imagine Warnock touching us after we messed him about six years ago. Besides of which, hiring him seems like far too sensible of a decision for Venky's to make. 

I think our only real hope is that JDT finds a way to make this work, by tweaking his system to give us more defensive stability but still enough attacking prowess to score a goal or two. If Tomasson goes I dread to think what comes next.

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Can't imagine Warnock touching us after we messed him about six years ago. Besides of which, hiring him seems like far too sensible of a decision for Venky's to make. 

I think our only real hope is that JDT finds a way to make this work, by tweaking his system to give us more defensive stability but still enough attacking prowess to score a goal or two. If Tomasson goes I dread to think what comes next.

greg to the rescue,he`ll get us a top manager with his worldwide connections😀