BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/12/23

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think the closest we got to a signing was Carlos Carvalhal, but he wanted to bring his back room staff with him and obviously Lowe and Benson are indispensable...

Currently third in the greek league I think, with Olympiacos.

4 minutes ago, booth said:

All I want these days is two decent fullbacks. I can't remember the last reliable fullback in a blue and white shirt. Can anyone else?

I always quite liked Martin Olsson but even that’s yonks ago now. Salgado the other side for a short(?) spell - not a bad pair.

Spurr was relatively solid for us too. Nyambe ok.

But yeah, we’ve had some absolute shite since that lot rocked up. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Some worrying facts for me are:

Wahlstedt has made the third most saves in the league.

We have conceded the second most goals in the league; 46 goals in 25 games, an average of 1,84 per game.

Only Rotherham have conceded more with 48 so should be an eventful game eh? 

We have played well and lost in a fair few matches this season but after a while that'll tire out the squad mentally and that's what it looks like we're seeing now. The performance levels are dropping, and the team spirit is really getting tested. Need two good results now in a row against Rotherham and in the FA Cup and hopefully we can get a bit of confidence back.

Pears: 9 apps, 1 clean sheet, 30 saves

Wahlstedt (before tonight): 20 apps, 4 clean sheets, 68 saves

From the official site so that’s probably in all competitions. Third most saves in the league and Leo hasn’t even played in all the games. 

• Like 1

Anyone suggesting certain managers wouldn't touch this job I think are very wrong. They love the money and I doubt JDT is on peanuts. Don't think Cooper would take the job now to be clear but I don't think it's inconceivable that he would come the summer if he was still out of work. 

Telalovic

Siggy.                 Sammi.                    Brittain

Pickering.                                          Markanday

Tronstadt.     Garrett

Hyam.                                                        Hill

Wahlstedt

This is how the game was played, No spine in the team whatsoever. And his after match comments is baffling. Making himself look clueless

4 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I'm not suggesting that either and don't think that was your implication TBF but he definitely won't turn Pickering into anything, he's not good enough imo, I don't rate him, never have, he might however give us a back 4 of Hill, Carter Hyam and a new LB. Stop the pissing about at the back, set us up better from set pieces, etc etc. Sammie is banging then in a Dolan can chip in too so once we stop fucking about at the back in every capacity we only need to create a couple of chances a match to win them.

I don't rate Carter either but he has the odd solid game where he gets stuck in. Hyam is too quiet to be our only senior defender as well. Not signing Baath really hurt us, and I can't see how signing a 20 year old kid from L2 will bolster the defence.

But I suppose he fulfills the Venky transfer policy of buying cheap young players who can hopefully pay the bills when sold.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I always quite liked Martin Olsson but even that’s yonks ago now. Salgado the other side for a short(?) spell - not a bad pair.

Spurr was relatively solid for us too. Nyambe ok.

But yeah, we’ve had some absolute shite since that lot rocked up. 

Yeah I'd probably go with Spurr. No world beater but you'd get a 6 or 7/10 from him consistently. Very rarely below or above that, but he was steady. Nyambe too injury prone and lacking in supporting the attack, although he wasn't bad either. Always felt like Martin was a pretty big downgrade on his brother. Can remember the year he won player of the season his highlight package was comedically anaemic. From memory he was okay, but yeah, a long time ago now. As was Spurr tbf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

I don't rate Carter either but he has the odd solid game where he gets stuck in. Hyam is too quiet to be our only senior defender as well. Not signing Baath really hurt us, and I can't see how signing a 20 year old kid from L2 will bolster the defence.

But I suppose he fulfills the Venky transfer policy of buying cheap young players who can hopefully pay the bills when sold.

I'm mixed on Carter, give him more of a chance and the decide, have him over Scott Wharton now anyway given his struggles or form and fitness. Should of given Baath the 2 year deal. 1 year really is a shitty offer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Hyam was awful against Hudds and tonight. Rushed back perhaps?