BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/12/23

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Has any manager made this sort of comment after we’ve beaten them? (I’ve genuinely no idea)

Agreed

Absolutely.

We ended up with JDT by chance, the current leadership had probably never heard of him. Now that we've got him, the club are taking him for a mug and its only a matter of time until he leaves. When that happens we'll end up with another journeyman, Gary Rowett or someone of his ilk, so my advice would be to enjoy the current football on offer, as this is as good as it gets under these owners.

Venkys out!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gav said:

Absolutely.

We ended up with JDT by chance, the current leadership had probably never heard of him. Now that we've got him, the club are taking him for a mug and its only a matter of time until he leaves. When that happens we'll end up with another journeyman, Gary Rowett or someone of his ilk, so my advice would be to enjoy the current football on offer, as this is as good as it gets under these owners.

Venkys out!

It’s difficult to enjoy any type of football when you’re losing.

Fingers crossed our form improves soon - preferably on Monday.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Possibly one or two but certainly far fewer than those who praised us after taking the three points. I’d say the praise is condescending more than anything and contrary to what Rosenior said of course they’d love to play us every week. We’re easy to beat

We certainly seem to be at the moment.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Not sure about that. As stated previously our defenders are of a good Championship standard yet the defending at times has been calamitous. The selections and tactics often haven’t made sense. We should not have lost so many games and Tomasson seems incapable of ekeing out battling draws - yesterday being a prime example 

I guess we would only find out if someone else took over.

46 minutes ago, Gav said:

Absolutely.

Venkys out!

The only way we would end up with the likes of Rowett is if Broughton leaves.

Wouldn’t want Rowett, and the DOF model makes a young coach more likely.

Given our circumstances (skint) that might not end well.

• Like 2

One thing that really surprised me last night was the lack of ball over the top particularly after Szmodics scored from exactly one of these. Hull were playing a really high line probably to condense play I guess in an attempt to stop us passing. I really expected lots of this type of pass in the second half but we just didn't do it. There were several occasions when Telalovic made a run in behind but he just wasn't spotted.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

One thing that really surprised me last night was the lack of ball over the top particularly after Szmodics scored from exactly one of these. Hull were playing a really high line probably to condense play I guess in an attempt to stop us passing. I really expected lots of this type of pass in the second half but we just didn't do it. There were several occasions when Telalovic made a run in behind but he just wasn't spotted.

Everything about him was spot on for me.(Telalovic )Threw himself at everything, If it wasn't for a little bit of bad luck he could of ended up with 2 yesterday. In the right areas of the pitch, Held the ball and made the right passes,  Drawing fouls, being a complete nuisance. Positive to see and in my opinion Should not be dropped for next game

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

We’ve beaten Bristol City, Brum, Stoke away and Norwich away only recently?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Six defeats in the past 7 matches. It's no fun at all unless playing "attractive football" while losing floats your boat

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Everything about him was spot on for me.(Telalovic )Threw himself at everything, If it wasn't for a little bit of bad luck he could of ended up with 2 yesterday. In the right areas of the pitch, Held the ball and made the right passes,  Drawing fouls, being a complete nuisance. Positive to see and in my opinion Should not be dropped for next game

Totally agree. A few eyebrows were raised (including mine) when the team was announced but he showed up really well. I liked the way he linked up with Szmodics. It's no coincidence to me that Szmodics had his best game since Dolan got injured simply by having someone to link up with.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's just not part of our DNA though. We just don't like to play direct at all. Generally despite it's intricacy there is a real predictability in the way we play and my main concern is this consistency in approach is seen as a virtue, not an issue. We will always play short, play out of the back, play through the middle, play into feet. We can when on form go from front to back quite quickly, but always in a very narrow technical sort of way. 

Recently we often take 25-30 touches to get in the box with lots of smarts one-twos and stepovers, but then  end up not even shooting, while the opposition punt it straight back up take 2 touches and get a shot away or score. You are right Szmodics goal yesterday was a rare piece of direct football from us.

The one plus out of yesterday was that Telalovic did look more of a handful than I expected. Hope he starts again on Monday to see more of what he offers.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, martonrover said:

In our current model GB’s role really is key. He’ll have a list of replacements for every position, including JDT’s. The big question each time is how far down the list we have to go before getting our man. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

In our current model GB’s role really is key. He’ll have a list of replacements for every position, including JDT’s. The big question each time is how far down the list we have to go before getting our man. 

If whoever we got had:

1. to play a certain way. 

2. no say in who we sign.

would how far down the list they were make any difference?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Absolutely.

Venkys out!

Nobody ends up with a new head coach by chance. 

51 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I am not sure the DoF is a good system...

You need a good one and a good manager /coach ....

Just get a good manager forget the DoF crap !

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

I agree he looked ok compared to other sightings of him but again him starting before Ennis shows what a piss poor signing that is.

36 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

If whoever we got had:

1. to play a certain way. 

2. no say in who we sign.

would how far down the list they were make any difference?

1. We have build a squad to play a certain way so the next head coach should play in similar way

2. JDT does get a say in who we sign. He is presented a list of names him, GB and SK decided who we go far..

29 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I am not sure the DoF is a good system...

You need a good one and a good manager /coach ....

Just get a good manager forget the DoF crap !

It's works at plenty of clubs. It's working well here. 

49 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

You’re right of course but that feels like a long time ago.

I’m sounding like a right miserable git here 😁

I think we can safely say you’re now fully indoctrinated into the Brfcs way of life.

We win the next one and playoffs here we come 🙄

😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

1. We have build a squad to play a certain way so the next head coach should play in similar way

2. JDT does get a say in who we sign. He is presented a list of names him, GB and SK decided who we go far..

It's works at plenty of clubs. It's working well here. 

The next head coach should play a certain way even if we can’t sign the players who are able to play that way?

9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

The next head coach should play a certain way even if we can’t sign the players who are able to play that way?

roughly the same style yes. little tweaks to the style like maybe not play inverted full backs but full backs who play wide and allow the wide players to play inside 

• Like 1