BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/12/23

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Forest, like Hull, wanted promotion from this league asap. Hence serious investment in improvements.

Whatever Rovers want it isn't promotion, claiming so is an insult to those who actually try.

JDT and GB want promotion, players want promotion and the fans do also. 

The biggest problem is the way the club is run, lack of revenue streams, lack of players sales over years and over reliant on the owners funding the losses when our CEO need to have more commercial ouns on improving the commercial operation  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The biggest problem is the way the club is run, lack of revenue streams, lack of players sales over years and over reliant on the owners funding the losses when our CEO need to have more commercial ouns on improving the commercial operation  

The club isn’t interested in results or promotion, the CEO has explicitly said so.

So having kit in stock or selling more season tickets or getting a sponsor that isn’t down the street, as bread and butter that should be at any club  won’t change the fundamental (lack of) vision at present day BRFC which is to ‘develop players’, ‘increase value’ and stay out of League 1.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Tomasson's is being exposed as a coach who gets his team playing attractive football (sometimes) but is weak defensively,  prone to mistakes, and buckle under the slightest pressure

The club's deeper problems aside, there's too many folk making excuses for him

Yes and we've been here before.

If we are doing ok and fans are saying come on Venkys invest then we can go for it with this fella or the last guy all you hear is don't call the owners they are investing 20 mill per year.

We struggle and it's clear as day that the coaching and team selection is part of the issue it then becomes 'oh it's all the owners fault'.

Balloon of a fanbase we have.

On a matchday it is up to the coach/manager to eek out a result or two with whatever he has to work with.  Lets face it we can't be that bad if we keep getting praised by opposition and we had enough about us to be in a decent position not that long ago.

So there is always something there to work with.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Forgetting the current clown in goal, we have a decent set of Championship defenders and a couple of defensive midfielders to protect them

Yet we keep making basic defensive errors and shipping goals at a prodigious rate. 

That's not down to the owners or the management, that's down to the man in the dugout

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes and we've been here before.

If we are doing ok and fans are saying come on Venkys invest then we can go for it with this fella or the last guy all you hear is don't call the owners they are investing 20 mill per year.

We struggle and it's clear as day that the coaching and team selection is part of the issue it then becomes 'oh it's all the owners fault'.

Balloon of a fanbase we have.

On a matchday it is up to the coach/manager to eek out a result or two with whatever he has to work with.  Lets face it we can't be that bad if we keep getting praised by opposition and we had enough about us to be in a decent position not that long ago.

JDT isn’t perfect, and I don’t think a head coach is the right fit for our circumstances in any case.

However, I think it’s remarkable that it’s taken this long for the wheels to come off this season, and that’s to his credit.

The squad has a relegation look about it.

It’s too young and weak, mentally and physically.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Forgetting the current clown in goal, we have a decent set of Championship defenders and a couple of defensive midfielders to protect them

Yet we keep making basic defensive errors and shipping goals at a prodigious rate. 

That's not down to the owners or the management, that's down to the man in the dugout

And I would say, training. One touch football has it's place, but not all the time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The players on the pitch last night have more than enough about them ability wise to have got a result.

• Like 1

He hasn't got the nous i'm afraid and it's no surprise because when has he ever been in this position before ?

Won two titles being able to put together the best team at arguably the biggest club and biggest budget in a league that probably isn't as strong as this one.

He's a great 'on top' manager and i firmly believe if he had a proper budget last season we'd have fought for promotion to the wire.  When we aren't getting 'on top' of teams there is absolutely no plan B and awful in game management.

I know we are a young squad but there is no need for schoolboy football and its lame excuses.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

JDT isn’t perfect, and I don’t think a head coach is the right fit for our circumstances in any case.

However, I think it’s remarkable that it’s taken this long for the wheels to come off this season, and that’s to his credit.

Alternatively, we're in freefall and Tomasson doesn't know how to stop the slide. That's his job - and at the moment he's been found wanting

• Like 2

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

The players on the pitch last night have more than enough about them ability wise to have got a result.

And the starting 11 the game before was more than good enough to go to Huddersfield and get something.

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Continually exposing those weaknesses doesn't help.

It's clear to see the weaknesses are down the channels. Wether you agree or not, The majority of our wins have come this season is when Brittain has not been playing RB. He needs dropping or replacing ASAP. I did state at the beginning of the season he and JRC would have a massive part to play this season. And boy was I right, Not in the way I expected though.......

• Like 3

JDT and our current side seem to have praise heaped upon them week in week out by managers of other clubs, this time from Liam Rosenior:

"First of all, I have to say that I am so happy we don't have to play Blackburn again this season," he said.

"They are a credit to Jon. They're an outstanding, young team. I don't want to sound patronising after a win but I thought they were outstanding.

As fans we look at results, quite right too, but all these managers in Championship can't be wrong can they? 

JDT is the best manager we've had under these morons, if he was backed we'd be playoff contenders, he isn't being backed so we are a mid-table championship club, its criminal, it really is...

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Alternatively, we're in freefall and Tomasson doesn't know how to stop the slide. That's his job - and at the moment he's been found wanting

I think anyone would struggle under the current circumstances.

The die has been cast for the season, and I can’t see the owners changing course anytime soon.

That means more of the same in the January Window, (eg the young Crewe defender), and we just have to hope things improve on the injury front.

That would at least mean a stronger bench, and that is so important in modern football.

The folly of “the project” is being exposed.

If you’re skint you need a manager with good connections to keep you competitive.

We have Broughton drip feeding a head coach with hopeful punts.

Edited by martonrover

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Unfortunately JDT, GB, fans and players don't matter.

The people that do matter don't care what the above want or think, and they are happy to discard the the lot of them. 

The biggest problem is Venkys. Everything else you have named starts from them, nothing else.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I think anyone would struggle under the current circumstances.

Not sure about that. As stated previously our defenders are of a good Championship standard yet the defending at times has been calamitous. The selections and tactics often haven’t made sense. We should not have lost so many games and Tomasson seems incapable of ekeing out battling draws - yesterday being a prime example 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Gav said:

JDT and our current side seem to have praise heaped upon them week in week out by managers of other clubs, this time from Liam Rosenior:

"First of all, I have to say that I am so happy we don't have to play Blackburn again this season," he said.

"They are a credit to Jon. They're an outstanding, young team. I don't want to sound patronising after a win but I thought they were outstanding.

As fans we look at results, quite right too, but all these managers in Championship can't be wrong can they? 

JDT is the best manager we've had under these morons, if he was backed we'd be playoff contenders, he isn't being backed so we are a mid-table championship club, its criminal, it really is...

Has any manager made this sort of comment after we’ve beaten them? (I’ve genuinely no idea)

Agreed

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The club isn’t interested in results or promotion, the CEO has explicitly said so.

the fanbase, the head coach, the director of football and the players all want promotion and PL football. 

So having kit in stock or selling more season tickets or getting a sponsor that isn’t down the street, as bread and butter that should be at any club  won’t change the fundamental (lack of) vision at present day BRFC which is to ‘develop players’, ‘increase value’ and stay out of League 1.

This is why we need commercial driven CEO who has a background at growing a business through commercial revenue and improving the match day experience . 

as I have mentioned in previous posts that the sponsorship around the ground is non-existent and I think we have 3 different sponsors. Why is a proper shirt sponsor(no disrespect to Totally Wicked either) or more sponsorship around the ground? where is the experience in the commercial department? 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Tomasson's is being exposed as a coach who gets his team playing attractive football (sometimes) but is weak defensively,  prone to mistakes, and buckle under the slightest pressure

The club's deeper problems aside, there's too many folk making excuses for him

I think more and more are starting to realise his limitations regardless of the situation. I see far less excuses on here for him in recent weeks. 

Totally agree with you, however that is only scratching at the surface. Selling a few more shirts, season tickets or sponsorships won’t alter the fact that this club actively does not want to pursue promotion.

Your owners and CEO should be driven the promotion with the right appointment of Director of Football and Head Coach which we have now and they want promotion. 

a New CEO is needed with proper commercial onus to increase revenue at the club and match day experience for fans. Fan takeover day shown people will turn up even with awful weather if priced properly ticket wise and created a good overall atmosphere 

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Has any manager made this sort of comment after we’ve beaten them? (I’ve genuinely no idea)

Agreed

Possibly one or two but certainly far fewer than those who praised us after taking the three points. I’d say the praise is condescending more than anything and contrary to what Rosenior said of course they’d love to play us every week. We’re easy to beat