BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s largely the fault of a manager that left in 2022 for the shit show that is this football club?

Well, it’s a view.

You don't have to agree with it.

We're now short of money whereas Mowbray

Spent £5m on Gallagher - dead money

Paid Mulgrew £2m over 2 seasons to play for League 1 Clubs

By his own admission refused to extend the contracts of key players during Covid because he didn't want to upset the others

Paid Ben Gladwin to get himself fit even though he was out of contract

£15k p.w for Stuart Downing then gave him a new deal for him to never play albeit on reduced terms

Millions of pounds wasted on crap loanees - again dead money

But no, none of it is St. Tony's fault.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The signing was nearly 5 years ago. Since, we sold another striker Mowbray signed at a massive profit and the money vanished, he wasnt allowed to spend any. We could have sold another striker Mowbray signed, the owners said no and another opportunity for money was gone. The blame for the lack of money invested in the team is on the owners in such a long time. The other strikers we have are a freebie, a player for a nominal fee from the German 4th league and an academy graduate. There is absolutely no way that the fee paid for Gallagher so long ago can in any way be justified as a direct reason to blame Mowbray for this mess. The owners have not themselves invested any money in a striker, reinvested any of the considerable money we have received for a Mowbray striker in that time and actively have blocked potential reinvestment opportunities for other profitable Mowbray signings (especially Brereton) across a considerable time span.

Yeah I thought I'd made it clear that his successors and the owners are to blame for not addressing Mowbray's shortcomings. I thought the argument was that we weren't still feeling echoes of them.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

So TM is more to blame for the mess of this club than anyone else? What a ridiculous take.

He managed the Club for 5 years and left us in a fairly desperate state. 

What assets did we have when he left?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is TM more to blame for the state of Blackburn Rovers than any other set of people? Yes or no?

Nobody at the club wants relegation, obviously, but I wonder if some look at 12 months in a lower competition standard as a benefit to our academy graduates and a way to maximise their value 

Tin foil hat off 

Part of me does thing JDT w/c/should play an entire academy team on the first game in Feb if he's not backed this window 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Is TM more to blame for the state of Blackburn Rovers than any other set of people? Yes or no?

You're obviously having difficulty reading tonight.

I've said he's "largely" to blame not that he is more to blame than any other set of people. I've said it's "a combination" of factors that has put us where we are and most importantly for the point of this argument that ultimately it "it's all the owners responsibility".

If you're going to cherry pick bits of what I've written and ignore other parts like Roverfan99 does there's no point debating it further.

Terrible performance and result, should have lost if they hadn’t fluffed 2 one on ones.

I don’t think I have ever been as bored at Ewood in the last 30 years as I have under JDT.

The ground is like a morgue and it feels like the club is dying slowly.

Edited by roverblue
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Brereton, who we then subsequently turned down an £8m bid for which you fully supported. A decision solely on the owners.

He had just sold Armstrong a year prior for 8 figures. We also had Rothwell for whom we turned down £4m for, again down to the owners.

How much of this went back into the playing squad? Zilch.

And how many of the remaining had we actually paid a fee for? Kaminski who went for a profit. Gallagher, admittedly a poor signing but Armstrong, Gallagher and Brereton for a combined 15m generated a bucket full of conbined goals and had the owners not intervened, it would have been a profit. Pickering, small fee. Most of the others were players that he had brought through from the academy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not this year but no investment on the playing side for next season,definately

Why do people keep saying not this year? The defence is the worst in the league, we can't buy a win! What are people actually clinging to that makes them think we'll stay up? Grayed there is poor teams below us but they've beat us or took point off us!

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt`s problem is he wants the kind of football that requires players who are out of our price range,to make that team shape work he needs at least 30 million quid,he is`nt going to get it here,thus he needs to adapt his tactics

To be fair he did today - we played 343 till injuries meant we had a really bizarre setup at the end.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

ultimately it "it's all the owners responsibility".

Good to read, but as always only when pressed do you actually get to the root cause, unlike everyone else, which I still find really odd as you obviously aren’t an idiot.

• Like 2

There’s a million questions which need answering right now, but another one to add to the list is why on earth we’ve brought in this second Brighton kid who clearly can’t be up to much and/or JDT doesn’t fancy.

We’re just stockpiling other clubs youngsters regardless of if they’re good enough or if we even need them.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Why do people keep saying not this year? The defence is the worst in the league, we can't buy a win! What are people actually clinging to that makes them think we'll stay up? Grayed there is poor teams below us but they've beat us or took point off us!

we`ll pick up enough points  to stay up,rotherham and sheff wed are doomed and qpr don`t look much better off,i don`t see any of those three going on an extended winning streak

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt`s problem is he wants the kind of football that requires players who are out of our price range,to make that team shape work he needs at least 30 million quid,he is`nt going to get it here,thus he needs to adapt his tactics

Russell Martin’s Swansea vs Russell Martin’s Southampton 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Venkys do, Madame dickhead even said it after she sacked Allardyce.

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

There’s a million questions which need answering right now, but another one to add to the list is why on earth we’ve brought in this second Brighton kid when he didn’t get a kick again. 

Just stockpiling other clubs youngsters regardless if they’re good enough or if we even need them.

It's a poor do when your recruitment strategy starts and ends with the Brighton loan manager's number

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton, who we then subsequently turned down an £8m bid for which you fully supported. A decision solely on the owners.

He had just sold Armstrong a year prior for 8 figures. We also had Rothwell for whom we turned down £4m for, again down to the owners.

How much of this went back into the playing squad? Zilch.

And how many of the remaining had we actually paid a fee for? Kaminski who went for a profit. Gallagher, admittedly a poor signing but Armstrong, Gallagher and Brereton for a combined 15m generated a bucket full of conbined goals and had the owners not intervened, it would have been a profit. Pickering, small fee. Most of the others were players that he had brought through from the academy.

Hyam apart and maybe Szmodics made a contribution last season, other than that it was the squad Tomasson inherited that finished 7th.