BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

Well well well, what a week.

What will we see this weekend then?

Can Rovers turn it around or just give up again?

Will we see some sort of upheaval from the stands at the owners that have decimated this club over the last 13 years and counting or will there just be a crowd of happy clappers just happy to watch a bunch of young boys run around in blue and white shirts?

What a fucking joke this club has become.

Venkys out RTID.

• Like 7

I don’t know if it would do any good… no owners present to see any kind of demonstration. 

Everybody get up & leave at the same time, or season tickets holders gather outside of Ewood, & not go in, etc, if you knew owners would find out. 

It’s a bad situation, no doubt. Rovers fighting relegation, only thing making it bearable is the dross at the bottom of the Championship (any of the three could give our lads a licking), 

I don’t pick against us at home. Until now… 1-2. Sad 

Edited by WacoRover

• K-Hod pinned this topic

The home form has been dreadful all season with 7 losses by Xmas. We have also conceded an incredible 23 goals at Ewood already in 13 matches.

Unless the manager changes our approach I see another loss on the cards. He is stubborn and won’t. I think it’s become more about him making a statement than the team now.

Huddersfield worked us out completely at their place the other week. Give us the ball till we over commit then bang us on the break.

1-3 Huddersfield.

• Like 1

The keeper whichever plays will give them a goal, and we will concede at least one header from a set piece/long throw.

Anything after that who knows?

Having to score 3 or 4 a week to win can't keep on continuing but i imagine it will.

Rovers 2 Huddersfield 3

• Like 1

If it is true that JDT has lost the players then I see nothing but a loss in this. Huddersfield, despite smashing us 3 nil on Boxing Day are rumoured to be losing patience with Darren Moore.

Can't see anything better than a draw. 2-2 maybe? We can score goals....but we concede for fun and I worry that Huddersfield will bully our defence. Really hard to call this one.

My predicted team:

Pears

JRC    S. Wharton    Hyam     Pickering

Tronstad        Garrett

A. Wharton

Gallagher       Szmodics      Sigurdsson

Play Wharton higher up the pitch, relieve him of some defensive duties. Play Szmodics as the striker because he's the only one that we can consistently rely on to score, and he's often the furthest up the pitch anyway. Gallagher is hopefully fit enough to start, not a fan of playing him wide left but Moran needs taking out and Markanday always flatters to deceive. JRC hopefully also fit enough to start over Brittain. Carter and Wahlstedt need removing from the team as well, the former needs a breather whereas Wahlstedt needs to learn how to catch a ball before he comes back into the side.

Impossible to predict a win with our current form.

Most likely another 2-2 draw having to come from behind, possibly 2-0 down to scrape it. 

We are guaranteed to concede at least 1 goal, we've gotta hope that JDT either tweaks his approach (he won't) or at least has had a week on the training ground doing some good work.

Unless there is a sea change in tactics and a big upturn in defender and keeper form we'll concede at least 2. So the hope is we find the net at the other end against a side that will surely present chances.

Rovers 2  Terriers  2

Not every player is going to be on board with the manager.

However talk of him losing the dressing room is bull imo.

How many players have signed new contracts here?A few in recent months including Sigurrdson who joined permanently would they be doing this if the majority were against the manager?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Well well well, what a week.

What will we see this weekend then?

Can Rovers turn it around or just give up again?

Will we see some sort of upheaval from the stands at the owners that have decimated this club over the last 13 years and counting or will there just be a crowd of happy clappers just happy to watch a bunch of young boys run around in blue and white shirts?

What a fucking joke this club has become.

Venkys out RTID.

I won't be going.

Pears

Carter    Wharton    Hyam     Pickering

Tronstad        Garrett

Szmodics

JRC        Gallagher      Sigurdsson

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.37.27.png

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

This fixture last season Huddersfield would have won if they had taken their chances. This season we are weaker. Important not to lose. Any point is valuable in the present circumstances.

Hudders under Moore are crap and the fact they recently beat us at their place shows just how far we have fallen.

Fancy us to win this one though and Waggott will be giving it the big one in the corporate facilities post match 'crisis, what crisis'!?

If we don't win, nowt will happen.  The 'happy clappers' will go on about our style of play arguing all will be fine once we've brought in 4 new players in the window and got a couple back from injury.

My prediction - chaos and apathy will continue to reign no matter what the result.

Im no fan of the B.B.C. but  it put the facts like this.

Since the start of December Rovers have lost more games(seven),won fewer points(four),and conceded more goals(twenty-four) than any other Championship side.

Huddersfield dont have West Broms quality but do have the benefit of NOT playing tippy-tappy football.

0-3 to the Terriers. Hope Im wrong!

We've become accustomed to poor runs of form in the past few seasons for sure. Under TM you'd usually expect a turn of fortunes due to a change of tactics or personnel though.

Jon's options are limited in terms of personnel, he MUST look to change up the tactics. Indications suggest he ain't up for that though, the stubborn approach is wearing incredibly thin now.

I'm really not confident at all I'm afraid.

The only hope really is Szmodics plays out of his skin and bangs 2 or 3 goals in, no way we'll keep a clean sheet.

Worrying and depressing times, not helped by news off the field, but we've had years of that so it's not exactly a new concept.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

We've become accustomed to poor runs of form in the past few seasons for sure. Under TM you'd usually expect a turn of fortunes due to a change of tactics or personnel though.

Jon's options are limited in terms of personnel, he MUST look to change up the tactics. Indications suggest he ain't up for that though, the stubborn approach is wearing incredibly thin now.

I'm really not confident at all I'm afraid.

The only hope really is Szmodics plays out of his skin and bangs 2 or 3 goals in, no way we'll keep a clean sheet.

Worrying and depressing times, not helped by news off the field, but we've had years of that so it's not exactly a new concept.

Disagree with what you say about Mowbray. When we nose dived during his last season that was in part due to him religiously sticking to the same shape despite not having the same personel available and form continuing to drop. Culminating in the famous Bradley Johnson up front at home to Derby.

• Like 1

We really should focus on not conceding early.... But Jon does not roll that way. We're playing a way that would make Kevin Keegan blush. At least he had the likes of Shearer, Ginola and Asprilla to base his strategy on...

All we can hope is we get the first goal and we should be alright. But I am not hopeful!

16 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Disagree with what you say about Mowbray. When we nose dived during his last season that was in part due to him religiously sticking to the same shape despite not having the same personel available and form continuing to drop. Culminating in the famous Bradley Johnson up front at home to Derby.

As stubborn as Mowbray was, I find it hard to believe he'd have accepted conceding this ridiculous amount of goals without taking action. Even during the death spirals we weren't getting twatted off the park every week like we are now.

• Like 3