BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

Gallagher, Rankin Costello and Pears all need to start and none are probably anywhere near match fit. I doubt the weather will help in getting them up to speed with frozen pitches and the under 21 game being called off.

Rankin Costello looked particularly rusty and unfit at the weekend, they targetted him when he came on and there was one instance in particular where Wallace knocked it round him and sprinted past which showed how far off he was. Still, he is a quality player and so much better than the underwhelming Brittain, or even the lumbering Carter.

Gallagher was less blatantly unfit ans rusty but you could still tell. Still, he offered far more than the other 3 have in many a week. That being said, he might be gone by then in a sale that still has people deluding themselves is part of a plan to make us better and not purely slashing the budget. Pears is crap but less crap than the Swedish clown so thats a no brainer.

We also need Hedges back ASAP. Moran has been a waste of time, soft, lightweight, usually ineffective and not a wide man. Picking a team will be a real head scratcher and not in a good way. Especially with Tomasson too stubborn to move away from a style that alledgedly gets the best out of our team as it drops down the table like a stone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

No idea how good Huddersfield are at set pieces but if Moore has half a brain, he'll have his lot working on them all week and targeting our pathetic attempts to defend against them as a key tactic.

he figured  us out on boxing day🙄

i guess saturday will be the day we find out if jdt has lost the dressing room

• Like 1

We are playing another poor side so we should be able to handle it or at least 2 thirds of it without risking players that aren't ready and who we'll need regularly once fit.

I'd only start Pears and only if he's 100%.

Team and manager from last Sat need to man the F up for this one and stop looking for excuses.

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We are playing another poor side so we should be able to handle it or at least 2 thirds of it without risking players that aren't ready and who we'll need regularly once fit.

I'd only start Pears and only if he's 100%.

Team and manager from last Sat need to man the F up for this one and stop looking for excuses.

pears has to come in,leo is a disaster

hyam can **** off as well,he does`nt want to be here judging by the west brom game

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

As stubborn as Mowbray was, I find it hard to believe he'd have accepted conceding this ridiculous amount of goals without taking action. Even during the death spirals we weren't getting twatted off the park every week like we are now.

He had a better squad and was allowed to make some big buys too. Had us finish 15th twice and never had us contending for the play offs once. In his only good Championship season he declared post-Jan transfer window. “We had opportunities, there were No.9s out there and the really interesting thing is that clubs are phoning us and asking if we want to take this player, Premier League clubs.

“They have to fit into the way we play, why would we sign a Premier League centre forward if we don’t play with a centre forward at this moment, and he can’t do the running of a wide striker, doesn’t chase full backs, so we’d be playing with nine men rather than 10 out of possession?"

And then proceeded to cock it up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

pears has to come in,leo is a disaster

hyam can **** off as well,he does`nt want to be here judging by the west brom game

Scott Dann writing all over that lad, good player but only when he feels like it, hearts not in it and was sold by former club rather than wanted to leave.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

As stubborn as Mowbray was, I find it hard to believe he'd have accepted conceding this ridiculous amount of goals without taking action. Even during the death spirals we weren't getting twatted off the park every week like we are now.

Far more cautious and defensive minded style though from him but yes he'd have altered things and got a few draws.

As poor and unambitious as his tactics usually were we didn't often get pumped by 3 or 4 which is becoming standard now although he had work more to work with.

And we did lose 7 nil at home.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher, Rankin Costello and Pears all need to start and none are probably anywhere near match fit. I doubt the weather will help in getting them up to speed with frozen pitches and the under 21 game being called off.

Rankin Costello looked particularly rusty and unfit at the weekend, they targetted him when he came on and there was one instance in particular where Wallace knocked it round him and sprinted past which showed how far off he was. Still, he is a quality player and so much better than the underwhelming Brittain, or even the lumbering Carter.

Gallagher was less blatantly unfit ans rusty but you could still tell. Still, he offered far more than the other 3 have in many a week. That being said, he might be gone by then in a sale that still has people deluding themselves is part of a plan to make us better and not purely slashing the budget. Pears is crap but less crap than the Swedish clown so thats a no brainer.

We also need Hedges back ASAP. Moran has been a waste of time, soft, lightweight, usually ineffective and not a wide man. Picking a team will be a real head scratcher and not in a good way. Especially with Tomasson too stubborn to move away from a style that alledgedly gets the best out of our team as it drops down the table like a stone.

Underwhelming Brittain and lumbering Carter. Fuck me

It wasn’t long ago you were using them adjectives for JRC. Now he’s quality

Perhaps you should tone it down a bit. You’re the first to call people out for when they got it wrong. Carter has been a good player for Rovers and he’ll be a good defender for a long time too 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

Just a note...JDT was signed by Kenny Dalglish at Newcastle..yes the one brilliant manager that gave us our one and only Premier League title! He was signed to link up with Alan Shearer... Just that is some stuff!

He's learnt from some really good managers. I really hope we win this and then go on a good run.....sadly our inept owners with Waggot et al around makes it so depressing...

Edited by neophox
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Perhaps you should tone it down a bit. You’re the first to call people out for when they got it wrong. Carter has been a good player for Rovers and he’ll be a good defender for a long time too 

Carter is just suffering a loss of form as they all do early in their careers and it doesn't help when the guy next to you who is supposed to be your leader is all over the place as well.

In the case of Brittain hes been poor for a good while now but when he came playing at rb/rwb he looked good and an upgrade on Nyambe.  Then he gets injured and since he came back has been played all over the place and he's another whose confidence is shot.

JDT has had Mowbrayitis with this one just finding places for him instead of getting him back to what he does best.

4 hours ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Im no fan of the B.B.C. but  it put the facts like this.

Since the start of December Rovers have lost more games(seven),won fewer points(four),and conceded more goals(twenty-four) than any other Championship side.

Huddersfield dont have West Broms quality but do have the benefit of NOT playing tippy-tappy football.

0-3 to the Terriers. Hope Im wrong!

Dude don't put bbc on xhamster. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Carter is just suffering a loss of form as they all do early in their careers and it doesn't help when the guy next to you who is supposed to be your leader is all over the place as well.

In the case of Brittain hes been poor for a good while now but when he came playing at rb/rwb he looked good and an upgrade on Nyambe.  Then he gets injured and since he came back has been played all over the place and he's another whose confidence is shot.

JDT has had Mowbrayitis with this one just finding places for him instead of getting him back to what he does best.

Every player has bad form in their life tomphil

Carter has been a dependable defender for us since he came into the squad. He's young and has time to learn. There's nothing worse as a defensive player than feeling like you aren't in good nick. Especially in the modern game where you are left exposed. The remit of a defender now is to win their one on ones. Can't be easy when you aren't feeling the best

Last season we had 15 clean sheets and Carter was involved in that

To call him lumbering is just wrong imo. He's not slow or awkward. He's a good player of the ball

My team 

Pears 

Brittain Hyam Wharton Pickering

Tronstad Garrett 

JRC         Szmodics    Sigurdsson

Telalovic

Edited by chaddyrovers

46 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Carter has been crap this season, really poor like all the defence. He was very good last season so probably a big factor is the style. I dont think he is poor and he has ability but equally a lot to prove to justify any sense in rumours of a big money move. He

But my use of the word lumbering is more specific to seeing him at right back especially in his form, another not suited to the current style.

Rankin Costello was not rated by Tomasson at that same time, he had one game (was it Bristol City?) where he was woeful and he had never established himself up until then. His upturn was as surprising and sudden as it was impressive. He is now a standout player.

I was wrong in thinking Rankin Costello was not up to it. Tomasson was clearly of the same mindset. I hold my hands up in being wrong but that doesnt mean I have to reserve judgement going forward and I know ill be wrong again at times, as will we all. 

I think Carter moreso than Brittain can thrive again if the style of play is altered. Theres a good young defender in there thats horribly out of form and being exposed.

“Since the start of December Rovers have lost more games(seven),won fewer points(four),and conceded more goals(twenty-four) than any other Championship side.”

Time to change the trajectory. Put Pears back in between the sticks to give the defence confidence,  and slot the Villa lad in. It took JDT too long to blood Hill. 

If he persists with Leo then he will be no better than Mowbray in terms of stubbornness. 

• Like 1

We owe them one after the recent game in t'Yarksher.

Early goal, keep the pressure on and score as many as we can.

Rovers 14 v 1 Hudds (they're bound to score, no matter who plays in goal).

Speaking of Mowbray I see he managed to win a Cup tie tonight, in the last minute v Hull

Amazing what is possible when you've a new club/owners/fans to impress rather than just being on easy street every season.

• Like 2

I think if any full back is to play wide to justify dropping Moran, it will be Brittain and it again wont work. Out wide is another position we badly need to strengthen and even then, are desperately waiting for Ryan Hedges to return as if he is anything other than decent at this level.