BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

48 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Goals (conceded) for those Interested, the music is terrible so play with the sound off

Well look at that 10 secs in and a ball across our own box leads to an opposition goal.

Quite a big game this one. 

Not losing is rather important.

No reason why with the returnees from injury and illness we shouldn't return to November's form.

Despite the recent rotten run, JDT has some nice selection headaches.

11 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

We now look like kids playing against men. We are the softest team in the league and way too easy to play against.

There is zero aggression in our play, zero passion from the sidelines, zero belief in the team, zero urgency in our work. and zero will to win. There is a ready acceptance of losing matches and it's disgusting how happy we are getting hammered.

We don't win individual battles, we don't go in hard, we don't make bad tackles, we don't berate each other, we don't niggle the opponents, we don't harass the referee, we don't defend our six yard box, we don't win our headers, we don't get booked, black eyes, bust noses, bruised knees and are just a bunch of pathetic snowflakes who have totally lost our way. We don't give 100% with a fierce determination to win. We don't do anything that displays a fierce hunger to compete.

But apart from that you think it's OK?

Lol.

As I wrote on the transfer thread I would play this team (though swapped Garrett for Sigurdsson on reflection for a bit more bite in the side)

Pears

Carter      Hyam    S Wharton

JRC      Tronstad       A Wharton   Pickering

Garrett

Gallagher      Szmodics

We are starting to have some more decent options off the bench too (Brittain, Chisene, Ayari, Sigurdsson) - getting a bit more hopeful about Telalovic too. Moran getting a proper rest could refresh him.

However I will be utterly amazed if we change from the 4231. JDT's thinking seems to be along the lines of "in for a penny, in for a pound". Frustrating as I think if we did do something like the above we could massively lower our chances of conceding an early goal which should be our absolute number one priority.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

We won a lot of games last year by the odd goal. We rarely conceeded more than two, although many wins still felt a tad fortuitous. Regardless of a bit of luck, we often showed steel, grit and determination that got us over the line.

With that desire to win, plus ongoing refinement and practice I thought we would see further improvement. I was excited for this season. But I misjudged things very badly.

We have totally collapsed since we fought our way to 7th. We now look like kids playing against men. We are the softest team in the league and way too easy to play against.

There is zero aggression in our play, zero passion from the sidelines, zero belief in the team, zero urgency in our work. and zero will to win. There is a ready acceptance of losing matches and it's disgusting how happy we are getting hammered.

We don't win individual battles, we don't go in hard, we don't make bad tackles, we don't berate each other, we don't niggle the opponents, we don't harass the referee, we don't defend our six yard box, we don't win our headers, we don't get booked, black eyes, bust noses, bruised knees and are just a bunch of pathetic snowflakes who have totally lost our way. We don't give 100% with a fierce determination to win. We don't do anything that displays a fierce hunger to compete.

The general malaise and culture of any club stems from the top. But that's a very easy kop out for the manager and players at this time. And im looking no further than them. Just because your young doesn't mean you have to be soft as ........

Keeley, Moran, Hendry, Fazackerley, Nelsen, Kendall, Samba, Rathbone, Speight, Batty, Shearer, Sutton....irrespective of talent, these were hard as nails.

Even our softer players from the past like Sellars, Wilcox and Millar were still hugely courageous compared to this bunch of pathetic little nobody's.

Time for the manager to immediately grow up and our players to act like men. If the manager is that thick he hasn't worked out you have to attack one goal, whilst defending the other, he should be removed.

Hard to predict a win just now. But other than Leeds, Leicester, Ipswich and perhaps West Brom it's all much a muchness. 1-1.

The whole team are soft as shit.

They need to have a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up every single one of them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The whole team are soft as shit.

They need to have a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up every single one of them.

It's by design. The players we need aren't part of the Venkers remit.

Surrounded by yes men and shielded from those who aren't. That's why Holloway and Warnock never came here.

• Like 1

On the game, we simply have to get something out of this to stop the rot.

Tomasson will hopefully have a few options to change things up; the very least I'm expecting is Pears coming in for the hapless Wahlsted.

Another defeat, and Tomasson will start to feel the heat.

Another defeat in which he refuses to change anything personel or tactics wise, and he should rightly get some pelters.

I've got my positive head on though, so 2-1 Rovers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

As I wrote on the transfer thread I would play this team (though swapped Garrett for Sigurdsson on reflection for a bit more bite in the side)

Pears

Carter      Hyam    S Wharton

JRC      Tronstad       A Wharton   Pickering

Garrett

Gallagher      Szmodics

We are starting to have some more decent options off the bench too (Brittain, Chisene, Ayari, Sigurdsson) - getting a bit more hopeful about Telalovic too. Moran getting a proper rest could refresh him.

However I will be utterly amazed if we change from the 4231. JDT's thinking seems to be along the lines of "in for a penny, in for a pound". Frustrating as I think if we did do something like the above we could massively lower our chances of conceding an early goal which should be our absolute number one priority.

I don't think Szmodics will be playing.

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

However I will be utterly amazed if we change from the 4231. JDT's thinking seems to be along the lines of "in for a penny, in for a pound".

Where would we get a pound from??

• Like 1

You know the club is in the pits when you're genuinely happy Pears is back in goal..Jesus.

I'd put this down as a must win. If we can't beat either Rotherham or Huddersfield at home either side of an away spanking last time out we may as well give up.

• Like 7