BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

I would start with both Gallagher and Garrett.

Our confidence is bound to be brittle but from what I have seen of Huddersfield they can be pressured into giving goals away. Gally and Garrett are a totally different proposition for Huddersfield defenders to face from Leonard and Moran.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

I would start with both Gallagher and Garrett.

Our confidence is bound to be brittle but from what I have seen of Huddersfield they can be pressured into giving goals away. Gally and Garrett are a totally different proposition for Huddersfield defenders to face from Leonard and Moran.

I’d start Gallagher and JRC for Leonard and Moran.

And then replace Adam Wharton with Garrett to see if we get more protection for the defence.

Edited by Hasta

I imagine it will be the same dull line up with Moran and Sigursson out wide.

Never thought I would say it, and it's a damming indication of where we are but I would actually like to see Gallagher back on the right hand side with Semir up top.

At least he can get up and down the pitch and is a bit of a presence out there. Ideally it wouldn't happen, but if the alternatives are Moran and Markandey then I would go for it.

• Like 4

Feels like JDT will Start Gallagher and JRC, how long would they last though? 45 mins? I would start both and Sub them off when they Inevitably tire. JDT does have a tendancy to make subs a bit too late but that might have been more down to a lack of options on the bench.

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Did a bit at the beginning with Kevin Gallacher on Scott Read’s show tonight.

Gally’s views are definitely worth a listen…😉

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h2ygp7?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

IMG_4845.jpeg

Could have listened to an hour of that on Rovers. Felt a shame to move on to PNE so quickly. Good to hear the measured thoughts of a professional...and Kevin Gallacher 😁.

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

Because of a potential transfer? 

Surely him and the club wouldn't have wanted to play him in a friendly If that was the case 

There is a big difference between what you would hope is a blood and thunder league match and a behind closed doors friendly.

I may be wrong and hope I am. 

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think pears is much use but my god he`s like gianluigi buffon compared to leo

Ridiculous hyperbole. There's very little between them, both are poor keepers. Leo is just in the worst form of the two and may have a little more to learn. But Pears freshly back from injury after shipping plenty during his comeback could easily be as bad. If he gets hit for a few we'll then have two keepers with shook confidence.

• Like 3

As much as we need Gallagher and JRC back playing, I really hope neither is being rushed back through sheer desperation. If Sam is playing how he's usually asked to play his fitness needs to be right up there.

That said, it'll be interesting to see how having Pears, Gally and JRC back influences the performance/result.

I think Adam Wharton needs dropping for Garrett today, we need a bit more bite and battling qualities in midfield, make no mistake this is a relegation clash. Wharton has been well off the boil this season, making mistakes that Morton got slated for last season. Another assist for him last night is see....

Conditions are going to make for an ugly game, but winning ugly is something we desperately need to do right now.

Huddersfields last win was the pasting they gave us, that'll be fresh in their minds,  they have QPR and Sheff Weds next up so will be keen for points in their next few.

It is essential that we get max points possible in our next 3 league games which are all at home.

They are followed by 3 difficult away games against decent opposition.

We are at a watershed moment.

I am more than worried

@Herbie6590 thanks for posting the radio link. Insightful from all.

• Like 1

I think we will win today, I also think we will win a few of the next 3 home games after this one also. A few reasons for this: 

We are getting bodies back in, Gallagher and pears (neither who I rate) undoubtedly strengthen the side. JRC likely off the bench strengthens us. If the villa lad on loan is half decent it gives us an extra option. Suddenly your bench options are looking stronger and we can afford to make more than 2 changes.

We've got a week between each game, allowing more time on the training pitch and less fatigue issues.

The run of games we've got are very favourable. I know our home record is poor but if you'd asked me to pick a run of games to get us out of a bad run I'd pick this. 

This is the first consistent bad run we've had under JDT (end of last seasons run of draws the only other, but that was mainly through lack of goals). I think we will revert back the mid table side that we are, starting with a win today. Can we continue to keep defending this badly? 

However if we don't win today I will be very very worried. For both league position, the managers position, the morale of the fan base. Its a big game for us.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sell Sammie and just play Leonard until the end of the season, great idea Gally 🙄

He never said that did he?

Reading the comments above, I was going to have a listen, having given up on Gally after his King rat support and fence sitting back in the day. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Yep. ‘What about selling Sammie to help the financial situation? Other players can step up like me and Sutty did after Shearer. Leonard can do that’.

Then some sense from our Herby replying - ‘Not now as it will go in an owner black hole’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Must win today, lose this and I think rovers and JDT won’t recover from it.

Good to see players coming back and it gives me hope of a turn in fortunes. I’d throw the lot back in from the start. Gally, Pears and JRC lineup and if they tire after an hour then can come off.

I really hope JDT has been working on the defence this week. Huddersfield worked us out perfectly away and if we play the same will lose. 

Our defensive issues stem from the way we try to play out from the back and it's adverse effect on overall confidence.

That plus the keeper issues which are incurable with the current players.

The tippy tappy can be cured simply stop trying something you're not very good at.

6 hours ago, lraC said:

There is a big difference between what you would hope is a blood and thunder league match and a behind closed doors friendly.

I may be wrong and hope I am. 

Obviously can never know with our owners another Cairney can happen.

But if he was left out last weekend due to a transfer it just doesn't make any sense him playing midweek, injuries do happen in friendlies and it doesn't make sense for JDT to tell the media he is available for the game, if he isnt going to play, surely you leave him out of the friendly and you say he hasnt recovered yet 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

He never said that did he?

Reading the comments above, I was going to have a listen, having given up on Gally after his King rat support and fence sitting back in the day. 

Yep, he was hugely disappointing.  Think he fancied a position on Rovers' coaching staff.  Never taken to the guy - goes back to his playing days, a bit of a sulker in my eyes.

54 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Our defensive issues stem from the way we try to play out from the back and it's adverse effect on overall confidence.

That plus the keeper issues which are incurable with the current players.

The tippy tappy can be cured simply stop trying something you're not very good at.

We played out from the back last season and we didn't concede as many goals.

We commit too many players forward this season that's the difference added to having a goalkeeper out of his depth

• Like 1