BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

Be interesting to see of Chrisene and/or Gally can give us a kick up the arse. Even though he’s no world beater it’s good to have Pears back too. We really REALLY need a win and to stop bleeding goals. Here’s hoping!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Back 3 with Brittain and Chrisene as wingbacks?

Yeah think so, Pickering filling in at LCB? Or could be the other way round with Chisene as LCB and Pickering LWB.

Trying to figure out if there is any way we stick with a back four? I guess only if we did this...

Pears

Brittain     Carter    Hyam    Pickering

Tronstand    Wharton

Garrett          Szmodic       Chisene 

Gallagher

Doens't look right. Must be a back three. It would hearten me greatly as - at last - we are trying something different.

Probably....

Pears

Carter      Hyam    Pickering

Brittain      Tronstand   Wharton   Chinsene

Garret

Gallager       Szmodics

Happy with that. Will be interesting if we play a bit deeper and don't over commit. 

Edited by joey_big_nose

8 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Back 3 with Brittain and Chrisene as wingbacks?

Could be but you'd expect Scott W to start in a back 3. Chrisene is quite versatile I believe, I can't see him shifting from the usual 4-2-3-1.

Garrett and Chrisene in the wide areas I reckon.

Not a big fan of Tomasson but I have no issues with that team. Something different was needed so let's see. 

Shows what he thinks of Wahlstedt when he is binned soon as Pears, who has his flaws is back. Hopefully no errors from the keeper today, that be a bonus.

Come on Rovers!

I've often thought that Pickering would be better as either a wide centre back in a 3 or a central defensive mid - uses his strengths and means his lack of pace (his biggest weakness imo) a bit less important - so I'd be happy with a back three and wingbacks, but I think if it was three at the back we'd play Carter - Hyam - Wharton.

I'm also keen to see a Gallagher/Sammie strike partnership - classic big guy/small guy oldschool pairing, could work.

Edited by AspRover

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Could be but you'd expect Scott W to start in a back 3. Chrisene is quite versatile I believe, I can't see him shifting from the usual 4-2-3-1.

Garrett and Chrisene in the wide areas I reckon.

Radio Lancs reckon Chrisene as lcb and Pickering lwb.

We shall see, but something had to change that's for sure

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

No Leo today so we have a chance! Just a shame it's Pears replacing him but he is an improvement on Leo. Worst GK we've ever had.

With a few key players back, I think we will win today.

He's in the club at the mo (so is Pears), but Fettis and Walton were worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

No Ennis in the squad... definitely off then?!

The bench is looking stronger with JRC and Gally back in the squad. He probably just isn't deemed good enough to make it anymore.

• Like 1

Looks like a change to a back 3, and that's probably overdue. However, I'm not sure if today was the right time to implement it, at home to 21st placed Huddersfield before we go on a run of home games. Or maybe it's the perfect time to try to settle into it or see if it works. Think we could have been better served with it last week though against WBA away.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The bench is looking stronger with JRC and Gally back in the squad. He probably just isn't deemed good enough to make it anymore.

Great.. excited for today. JRC back too. A different formation. I think we may even win by a couple!! Come on rovers 

• Like 1