BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're obviously having difficulty reading tonight.

I've said he's "largely" to blame not that he is more to blame than any other set of people. I've said it's "a combination" of factors that has put us where we are and most importantly for the point of this argument that ultimately it "it's all the owners responsibility".

If you're going to cherry pick bits of what I've written and ignore other parts like Roverfan99 does there's no point debating it further.

Which order (of to blame) would you put these in?

Venkys

Steve Waggott

Gregg Broughton

Tony Mowbray

JDT

Some thoughts on today.

Rovers were lucky to draw, got away with THREE 2vs1 or 1vs1 counter attacks. 1-4 was a real possibility.

Shout out to the officials who I wouldn't trust to referee an U8's football match. He's the guy that "lost the plot" for the final 20 mins vs Bristol City last month. That's a clear penalty (and by law - maybe a red card). VAR can't come quick enough in this league - 12 hopeless idiots every weekend.

Always harsh and rash to judge a player on debut (Rudy Gestede - who was there today - being one!), but Chrisene was pure garbage in all facets. Szmodics was poor. Garrett (after MOTM last week) was ineffective and lasted far too long. 

The "tactics" after the final subs were BEGGING for a Huddersfield winner. Why? 

Sorba Thomas (those booing him was nonsense - glad the applause took over) was the best player on the pitch. I remember him drilling every cross low when at us, and I couldn't understand why, showed today he knows how to play.

The irony of going to back 5, and then having two of them gain serious injuries.

Final shout out to Huddersfield "Football in a library" Town, who came to Ewood and sang that chant (at least) 7 times. Though our home fans mainly only sing about Burnley, so who am I to comment.

Can't wait for the next 3. 😳

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

What marks this game out for me is the way that the media now refers to us as 'Struggling Blackburn'. The writing is now not only on the wall, its wrapped around your flaming fish and chips too.

What has happened to the crisp passing, penetrating runs and ability to hold onto the ball? We look miles off the mark these past 8 games, and there is no cutting edge to our forward play, just endless tippy tappy short pass/ shoulder shrugging lack of taking responsibility.

Somethings gotta change.

The home games have been very poor all season , not a lot as changed ..

• Like 1

A bizarre game really. Very poor quality from both sides 

I don’t really have much to say except I am at a loss why we took our left back off to play Anor there. For the last period of the 2nd half we played without a left back. Against a better side they’d have punished us 

Putting JRC at right back, Brittain further up and Anor at left back is a “sack me” decision. Brainless. It completely ruined any chance we had of winning 

Frustrating a day as any. JDT is running out of options 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we`ll pick up enough points  to stay up,rotherham and sheff wed are doomed and qpr don`t look much better off,i don`t see any of those three going on an extended winning streak

Qpr won 2-0 today, imagine that. 2 goals and a clean sheet. I'm sorry but if you think we're staying up you're very ambitious, I've not seen free fall like this in many, many years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_B said:

Blaming Mowbray is as ridiculous as it is desperate. 

Yet again taking my comments completely out of context.

It's not JDT's fault primarily either is it, as he's had the rug pulled from under him and had less than nothing to work with but even he is a little bit to blame for refusing to alter his tactics and dig in a bit wouldn't you say?

Like I say a wide combination of different factors which you can broadly class as shite management over a large number of years ultimately leading back to the owners as they have the final say as to what goes on at the Club and who are also directly responsible for the current funding issues.

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Please word it like that at the next fans forum…

I’ll probs be a bit more diplomatic 😃.

But, I’ve mentioned it before and will definitely mention it again. Genuinely totally fed up with Rovers and struggling to see the point of us any more. First time next season (bar the Coyle season), where I’m genuinely considering not renewing. 
(ST holder of 30+ years).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Which order (of to blame) would you put these in?

Venkys

Steve Waggott

Gregg Broughton

Tony Mowbray

JDT

Venkys

Mowbray/Waggott - as bad as each other

Broughton - as useless as Waggott

Very little blame attached to JDT

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not JDT's fault primarily either is it, as he's had the rug pulled from under him and had less than nothing to work with but even he is a little bit to blame for refusing to alter his tactics and dig in a bit wouldn't you say?

Like I say a wide combination of different factors which you can broadly class as shite management over a large number of years ultimately leading back to the owners as they have the final say as to what goes on at the Club and who are also directly responsible for the current funding issues.

Do you have an opinion on my post outlining how Venkys have chosen none of the 3 options of personal investment, reinvestment of considerable Armstrong funds (a Mowbray signing) and the potential reinvestment of Brereton/Rothwell fees that the owners themselves chose to decline in preference of letting them go for free, meaning that (unless I am mistaken) we have not spent more than 2m on a player (Szmodics) across a 5 year period?

Its absolute nonsense that you could revert back to the potential restrictive nature of a signing made 4 and a half years ago, for less than half of the Armstrong fee received 2 years after.

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt`s problem is he wants the kind of football that requires players who are out of our price range,to make that team shape work he needs at least 30 million quid,he is`nt going to get it here,thus he needs to adapt his tactics

I’ve said that all along. To football your way out of this league you need the likes of Duff, Dunn, Jansen, etc etc. Trying it with lesser players will only get you where Rovers are today.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Venkys

Mowbray/Waggott - as bad as each other

Broughton - as useless as Waggott

Very little blame attached to JDT

JDT sets up the team to play a type of game , that they are not good enough to play ..

He is culpable his name is above door !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Mowbray's squad finished 8th, then 7th last season under Tomasson ,with only Hyam contributing on a regular basis. Other than Hyam and to a lesser extent Szmodics, it was the squad Tomasson inherited which did so well. 

It's the subsequent transfer dealings which have let the squad down, and it has to be said, really bad luck with injuries. Even now we're massively reliant on Mowbray's players and the academy, we really shouldn't be missing Dolan and Hedges so much after all this time.

The recruitment since Mowbray left has been really poor. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Qpr won 2-0 today, imagine that. 2 goals and a clean sheet. I'm sorry but if you think we're staying up you're very ambitious, I've not seen free fall like this in many, many years

In the last 10 games the gap to the bottom 3 has gone from 15 points to 9.

Extrapolating that to the end of the season would have us going down by 2 points.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve said that all along. To football your way out of this league you need the likes of Duff, Dunn, Jansen, etc etc. Trying it with lesser players will only get you where Rovers are today.

Completely agree. But we still had the steel and grit with the likes of Berg, Flitty, Short etc.

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

A bizarre game really. Very poor quality from both sides 

I don’t really have much to say except I am at a loss why we took our left back off to play Anor there. For the last period of the 2nd half we played without a left back. Against a better side they’d have punished us 

Putting JRC at right back, Brittain further up and Anor at left back is a “sack me” decision. Brainless. It completely ruined any chance we had of winning 

Frustrating a day as any. JDT is running out of options 

I reckon the pre-game plan was to bring off Chrisene at some point, bring Wharton on, and move Pickering into Chrisene's position and keep a back 3 CB's and two wing backs. The injuries got in the way of that. I'm not really sure what the answer was without changing formation, and clearly neither did JDT.

He was probably trying to stop us from losing rather than trying to win so wanted to keep a back 5, but Siggy didn't get the memo. Like you say he's probably running out of ideas with this team. Or rather this project.

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Completely agree. But we still had the steel and grit with the likes of Berg, Flitty, Short etc.

Teams mirror the manager

JDT  weak as piss 

Souness fiery with a touch of class..

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ll probs be a bit more diplomatic 😃.

But, I’ve mentioned it before and will definitely mention it again. Genuinely totally fed up with Rovers and struggling to see the point of us any more. First time next season (bar the Coyle season), where I’m genuinely considering not renewing. 
(ST holder of 30+ years).

I wouldn’t be 😄

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Teams mirror the manager

JDT  weak as piss 

Souness fiery with a touch of class..

I liked Souness but that fire fizzled out towards the end.

Bit unfair to compare the two, he had some very good players for the championship. And there's no way he would have signed up to the current shite that managers have to put up with.

Edited by booth

6 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

JDT  weak as piss 

The team is weak as piss, I don't think JDT is the issue here. Half the tools are in the box, the other half are hidden in various rooms of the house or been binned. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Lose to them in our next league game and I will start to get concerned.

Huddersfield, Stoke and Milwall are all dreadful too though.

I haven't seen a worse referee at Ewood for a very long time at Ewood, and there's been some bad ones in the past. A clear penalty turned down and the useless ref was stood only a few yards away. A scrappy below par performance and I blame jdt who won't change a formation that clearly doesn't work with this rovers team. We should have won it at the death a clear shot on goal blazed over the bar. We have 9 days to put things right when Wrexam come to town for the 4th round of the fa Cup.