BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The ignorance and stupidity of Rovers fans on social media

I usually avoid social media(with the exception of a few forums, this one included), but recently I’ve found myself on Twitter, Facebook and the LET website. In the last few days I’ve seen some absolutely baffling views expressed by some of our supporters/fans. I’ve started screenshotting some  of them, so I thought I’d create a topic where we can document and marvel at the stupidity, naivety and Ignorance.  

Maybe this can be used constructively to educate and guide them? 

I’ll start with this I found on Twitter today. 

Also some I found at the weekend on the LET, wow the comments section on there is truly something! 

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3295.jpeg

IMG_3294.jpeg

IMG_3293.jpeg

The twitter one is one of a number of younger fans on there who all regularly make condescending posts about other fans in support of the owners etc.

One of the regular arguments is that people only moan when we arent doing well. Its a backwards argument because spells of particularly bad ownership even by the low standards of the cunts that own us will naturally lead to adverse results on the pitch. What we see today has been in the post. Aggressive budget slashing, interference, stopping sales leading to valuable players leaving for free, appointing incompetent staff and never bothering to get rid should it be warranted etc. Obviously people are more irate when we are doing worse on the pitch, thats a direct result of the owners.

Another is that "we arent a Premier League team anymore" and a general implication that people have deluded expectations. Id argue the opposite, these people/kids dont have any level of standards because this is all they have known.

• Like 7

Flat Earthers. Entitled to their opinion, even if those who can look beyond the end of our noses and have a memory longer than a goldfish disagree.

You have to ask the question, whether it's worth going round their house and creating loads of damage that needs repairing, whilst devaluing the house, perhaps sell the garden to pay for some.of.my damage and lease it back to them? I'll say I was badly advised.

They genuinely seem all for it. If they complain,  tell them it's their own fault, they aren't committed enough and besides I'll promise to keep the lights on, so they can be grateful it won't be totally pitch black, oh and they aren't allowed to have any money they make, that needs to be used to patch up the hole.I created in the roof (temporarily) sure it means they will.probably stay indebted to me forever but what do they expect?

Edited by Bronzed A Donis
Added line
  • Like 6

Particularly on the Telegraph, there is a VERY small number of posters. The same two or three people comment and are then congratulated by the other one or two. There is usually a reply saying "well said" or something equally brief and supportive. Quite frankly, the sort of reply you'd expect if someone had several profiles or if two people were best mates. The Atomic and Reg posters, in particular, can be seen on there for every single Rovers article expressing strong opinions.

There have always been unusual opinions expressed on any subject down the pub. These people have always been argued with, mocked or ignored. The difference here is that the comment stays and has a wider audience than their own circle of drinking buddies.

Equally, any post that comes from a profile which you look at and go, "Chav" should be ignored. Mental capacity is essential in reasoning problems and anything with shades of grey needs it. "Get behind the lads FFS" is this in a nutshell. This is me being very judgmental (feel free to think I'm smug and superior), but I have no interest in the opinion of anyone who uses unnecessary swearing in everyday language or posts middle fingers in a profile picture (we all know the sort). Anyone who uses their post to say "Our fanbase is uniquely pathetic" is mistaken and can't distinguish sincere, honest criticism from needless abuse.

When a post is well reasoned, with valid arguments, then I will accept it even if it completely contradicts my own. I am willing to accept that Steve Waggott is an experienced leader of a football club who exhibits loyalty to his bosses when attempting to save whatever pennies of their money he can. I believe the facts can be selectively chosen to paint this picture. Without access to any information on Rovers beyond going to Ewood, I might also have that opinion. Just as my opinion is informed by knowledge of Bradford Western Union and other titbits.

The more information you learn (redevelopment of Brockhall; delays in appointing the last manager before JDT came in; Glen's accounts of meetings etc) the more you believe he is a jobsworth without any care for the well-being of the business he is supposed to lead covering for owners who place pride way ahead of actual competence in their dealings.

The Indian Government knocking their pride is, to my mind, the only thing that will move them. In the meantime, let's not have fights in the BBE because different people choose different culprits to apportion blame to or who refuse to blame anyone connected to Rovers.

"Never argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain.

• Like 7

They are thick as pigshit blaming fans for anything and everything, fans that were keeping this club going pre JW in many cases.

Yet the owners get into trouble for dodgy finances, the club balls up a high profile transfer for the second time in 12 months and they say nothing.  Just spin it back to 'i can't believe they are chanting Waggot out/Venkys out it's only because we keep losing !

Wonder how many will stick around when we do finally go bust or have a decade in lge 1 or 2 ?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MrT said:

Bots, Ai and  algorithms 

Or in the case of Reg of the Rovers just a total idiot.

Read a few of his posts but bad for my heart!. He seems to think he's clever as well which really gets me going!

Keep away from that site, its a health hazard.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 47er said:

Read a few of his posts but bad for my heart!. He seems to think he's clever as well which really gets me going!

Lie down with dawgs, and get up with fleas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

I thought it was just me!

A right pompous ass, extremely sanctimonious.

And then there's that fool John Claret or one of his million aliases...

• Like 3

Last week I was so astonished at some of the comments I actually posted 

im not sure if some of you are on the payroll or simply clinically insane.

very iffy the posts on there

Edited by MrT
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Roverall said:

I'm curious as to where exactly the tide is turning? Any links would be much appreciated.

Ewood and #venkysout all over social media for starters.

It’s turning, not turned, still plenty out there that just don’t/won’t get it - but you can tell by the sudden unmooring of the ostrich brigade that the fanbase isn’t in the place it was re these owners just a few months ago. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ewood and #venkysout all over social media for starters.

It’s turning, not turned, still plenty out there that just don’t/won’t get it - but you can tell by the sudden unmooring of the ostrich brigade that the fanbase isn’t in the place it was re these owners just a few months ago. 

Plenty of happy clappers still though. Wonder what that muppet California Rover’s views are. 

Tomasson has to carry the can for the current crisis on the pitch - it's his job to get good results and he's failing badly at present. So they're right about that. But to absolve the cancer at the heart of the club and the mess Venky's have created over the past decade or so as they are doing is just putting their head in the sand. 

• Like 3