BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The ignorance and stupidity of Rovers fans on social media

Why aren't they singing the owners name then i wonder ?

Can't say iv'e ever heard that from this mythical pro venky mob so if not why not seeing as they are all for it, maybe it's just easier from hundreds of miles away on your phone.

'"20 mill and they pay the bills, 20 mill and they pay the bills' ..... come on guys you know you want to.

• Like 3

After the last few days I was checking the Rovers page on Facebook and its got to a stage where I fully believe there are Venkys plants employed by the club who are putting up a good 1/3 of the posts.
Some of the content there is just beyond mental. The lad below with his 172 likes about how selling our prized assets for 18m and just bringing in loans and freebies is the sign of smart business. Oh and that we should basically be counting our lucky stars that we have our glorious overlords as no one else would want to own a club that is one of only 7 teams that has won the Premier League!! I despair, I really do.

image.png.9c2a9840199883a86713346d80bd7d92.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Irish_Rover said:

After the last few days I was checking the Rovers page on Facebook and its got to a stage where I fully believe there are Venkys plants employed by the club who are putting up a good 1/3 of the posts.
Some of the content there is just beyond mental. The lad below with his 172 likes about how selling our prized assets for 18m and just bringing in loans and freebies is the sign of smart business. Oh and that we should basically be counting our lucky stars that we have our glorious overlords as no one else would want to own a club that is one of only 7 teams that has won the Premier League!! I despair, I really do.

There's plenty out there who seem unable to see their ass for their elbow.

After 14 years it's quite incredible. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Irish_Rover said:

That does look like plant behaviour. Throw all of the propaganda into one post, surprisingly backing everything that the club has done. Add in the (false) idea that the club might not exist in the future to create a bit of fear and in turn, gratitude towards Venky's.

Then throw in a "get over yourselves" as a show of what they really think about the people they are aiming it at.

Oh and a "who will buy us" for good measure. Move along, Craigy boy. Next!

That's the way they operate. Say anything against the fake positivity they are pedalling and they start throwing insults around and getting tetchy. Seen it on here too from one or two playing the long game.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

It's incredible and simply defies logic to defend these crackpot Owners we have here at Ewood.

They have left a trail of destruction with their Wrecking ball clusterfcuk tenure...the evidence is there for all to see.

But are we talking about real Rovers  fans or just outright shit stirrers?

Just shit stirrers.

Nobody who really has a love of Rovers would say shit like that.

There's probably 1/3 of them that are either bots or paid accounts or dingles. The rest are just thick as pig shit.

• Like 3

It's a strange phenomenon that the quotes I see copied on here from various sources mostly have a common theme. They praise the owners yet want Tomasson sacking.

that speaks volumes to me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's a strange phenomenon that the quotes I see copied on here from various sources mostly have a common theme. They praise the owners yet want Tomasson sacking.

that speaks volumes to me.

Yep.

We love the owners. 

We don't like the nasty man who points the finger atthe owners. 

I do wonder just how many of them are disinfo agents. Maybe my estimate of 1/3 was a bit conservative. Maybe it wasn't. Either way they're all drones.

• Backroom

Don’t understand the logic of ‘who will buy us?’ posts.

It’s like asking who will buy your house when you decide to sell: I’ve no idea, but plenty will be interested.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Just shit stirrers.

Nobody who really has a love of Rovers would say shit like that.

There's probably 1/3 of them that are either bots or paid accounts or dingles. The rest are just thick as pig shit.

I do think a lot of them are paid, fake accounts or trolls, we have 317k on Facebook and I think 185k on Instagram, I can't see all of them being genuine fans. 

If you also look at the Facebook comments, they might say for example 15 comments, but hide some of them who question the club, leave the odd few anti venkys posts on and feed them to the sheeple. 

1 minute ago, Rover80 said:

I do think a lot of them are paid, fake accounts or trolls, we have 317k on Facebook and I think 185k on Instagram, I can't see all of them being genuine fans. 

If you also look at the Facebook comments, they might say for example 15 comments, but hide some of them who question the club, leave the odd few anti venkys posts on and feed them to the sheeple. 

No fucking way do we have over 300,000 fans that would be joining a Facebook group. If we were back in the prem then yeah but that's just total bollocks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It’s like asking who will buy your house when you decide to sell: I’ve no idea, but plenty will be interested.

Best response to that is just ask 'who's going to buy your house?'

Eeeerrrrrrrrmmmmmm 🥴

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If Venkys are to insist on getting back the £200m+ that they have spent we are doomed  to have them as owners till the last light is switched off. But if they recognise reality then there will be many suitors---this is one of the most famous Clubs in the world. There is real prestige to be had in rescuing it and returning it to its former glory.

OH---and the fans will come flocking back.

• Like 2

I don't generally agree with the head in the sand stuff from what's said in certain certain quarters, either.

I'm truly sorry to say this, but if ever there was a thread highlighting how unwelcome this place has become, this is it. This forum had a field day with Jim Wilkz or whatever his name was for screen-shotting posts from here, pointing and laughing at them, and calling them stupid on Twitter. What you're doing here is really no better.

I'm sure I'll be told to "bugger off then", but the bigger and sadder part is that while certain people call for fan unity, it looks like it's just a buzz-line and we'll start slinging mud at each other again.

Joyful times ahead.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I don't generally agree with the head in the sand stuff from what's said in certain certain quarters, either.

I'm truly sorry to say this, but if ever there was a thread highlighting how unwelcome this place has become, this is it. This forum had a field day with Jim Wilkz or whatever his name was for screen-shotting posts from here, pointing and laughing at them, and calling them stupid on Twitter. What you're doing here is really no better.

I'm sure I'll be told to "bugger off then", but the bigger and sadder part is that while certain people call for fan unity, it looks like it's just a buzz-line and we'll start slinging mud at each other again.

Joyful times ahead.

Perhaps you are right. I'm as guilty as charged for mocking.

baddies-are-we-the-baddies.gif

13 hours ago, Dan said:

I usually avoid social media(with the exception of a few forums, this one included), but recently I’ve found myself on Twitter, Facebook and the LET website. In the last few days I’ve seen some absolutely baffling views expressed by some of our supporters/fans. I’ve started screenshotting some  of them, so I thought I’d create a topic where we can document and marvel at the stupidity, naivety and Ignorance.  

Maybe this can be used constructively to educate and guide them? 

I’ll start with this I found on Twitter today. 

Also some I found at the weekend on the LET, wow the comments section on there is truly something! 

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3295.jpeg

IMG_3294.jpeg

IMG_3293.jpeg

I am so pleased you’ve highlighted this ‘lh’ chap from Twitter. My God, the plonker is from a different universe. I read through some of his tweet last night and nearly lobbed my phone out of the window. ‘Fantastic owners, Waggott is good at his job’ etc.

Must be fabulous to live in his head.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Joyful times ahead.

No problem with people who don't know the ins and outs of what's going on but the facts are there for all to see.

People denying reality and militantly going after those that are speaking truth will be treated with the contempt they fully deserve as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 5

The difference is that the LT is just a comments section. Fans make their comments and aren’t really held to task. Next day the topic has moved on.

This is a forum, it’s a place for debate. Discussions on any single topic can literally go on over years - and if you say something others don’t agree with then you’ll very likely be pulled up every time.

Its not the people who are different, it’s the media format that’s different.

• Like 6

Agree with Gooze to an extent, calling people 'cretins' etc probably doesn't do this place any favours, we need to keep the high ground.  However, the days of pandering to such people and their nonsense is over, the club is in one of the worst places in it's history.

Facts, facts, facts and there's plenty of them.

• Like 5