BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The ignorance and stupidity of Rovers fans on social media

A update to this thread.

after reading this thread I decided to monitor the LT website for a few hours. Sad I know 🤦‍♂️

anyway the posts are time stamped and I ran into this below. Bearing in mind it was around 2am

multiple users posts were updated within a minute of each other.

5-6 accounts. Now I’m no conspiracy theorist but 6 different accounts updating all at the same time at 2am seems extremely unlikely.

IMG_5817.png

IMG_5814.png

Edited by MrT
  • Like 2

• Backroom

If I'm ever up at Court in front of a jury of my peers, I want these people to be my peers. 

Reasonable doubt would become a gaping chasm like the Grand Canyon.

No blame apportionable to the relevant parties, and all transgressions swept under the carpet after the most basic levels of remorse and promises to learn and improve (no need to action on them either).

• Like 2

From my perspective, rather than laughing at these fans (some of which are completely barmy, admittedly), we need to try and educate them, if we’re going to get rid of the clowns running the club.

It’s vital, that in times like this, we’re a unified voice, to be as effective as possible. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

From my perspective, rather than laughing at these fans (some of which are completely barmy, admittedly), we need to try and educate them, if we’re going to get rid of the clowns running the club.

It’s vital, that in times like this, we’re a unified voice, to be as effective as possible. 

Could you try to sound a bit more condescending next time. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, M_B said:

Could you try to sound a bit more condescending next time. 

Call them every name under the sun then, and see where that gets us… 

The common enemy here isn’t Rovers fans, it’s the clowns running the club. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 47er said:

If Venkys are to insist on getting back the £200m+ that they have spent we are doomed  to have them as owners till the last light is switched off. But if they recognise reality then there will be many suitors---this is one of the most famous Clubs in the world. There is real prestige to be had in rescuing it and returning it to its former glory.

OH---and the fans will come flocking back.

Absolutely, it isn't so much if and when they leave, but how they leave.

And here on in lies the problem.

i have friends and family that attend purely to enjoy a game of football, get a few hours out the house. Most are season ticket holders. One is the nephew of Peter Devine

they love rovers but arnt interested in the politics or drama.

We may not agree on things Rovers but I always take their comments into consideration when I interact with them and wouldn’t dream of belittling them.

opinions are like A****** we’ve all got one. To move ANYTHING forward we need to respect and support each other’s opinions. 

i was discussing protesting with them and they are of the opinion it divided the fan base last time and created a toxic environment. 

We need to be smarter than that, as one of the guilty parties I feel ashamed.

smart planning respectful dialogue. Not too much to ask is it? It’s in black and white what has happened with this transfer. Anyone blaming anyone else just point them to the article where it confirms venkys pulled the plug.

Certainly with the first deal. And this will sound a bit controversial but I don’t actually blame them for the loan collapsing.

The numbers were ludicrous.

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrT said:

I was discussing protesting with them and they are of the opinion it divided the fan base last time and created a toxic environment. 

Hopefully those who didn’t protest last time have learnt their lesson. I won’t hold my breath though. Everybody united in protest. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Hopefully those who didn’t protest last time have learnt their lesson. I won’t hold my breath though. Everybody united in protest. 

Maybe if they’d helped us we’d be looking back on a successful campaign…. 

• Like 2

Didn’t work last time and won’t work this time either. Terrible optics.. upsets fans and players.

More importantly do you honestly believe the Raja’s give a flying…. about a few venkys out chants?

but whatever you do you i totally respect  your personal choice.

I just think that we need to be smarter than that.

13 minutes ago, MrT said:

Didn’t work last time and won’t work this time either. Terrible optics.. upsets fans and players.

More importantly do you honestly believe the Raja’s give a flying…. about a few venkys out chants?

The protests are designed to generate interest and attention to our situation.

We need to generate as much attention and negative press on the Rao family as possible.

The way we get at them is by smashing their reputation to pieces and letting everyone know that they are a bunch of incompetent morons.

There's a lot you can do without actually protesting. Just keep reinforcing the facts. The stone cold inarguable facts.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The protests are designed to generate interest and attention to our situation.

We need to generate as much attention and negative press on the Rao family as possible.

The way we get at them is by smashing their reputation to pieces and letting everyone know that they are a bunch of incompetent morons.

There's a lot you can do without actually protesting. Just keep reinforcing the facts. The stone cold inarguable facts.

Here is my problem with any protest. Let's say that it achieves the objectives you've stated, the protests smash their reputation to pieces and everyone thinks they're a bunch of incompetent morons. Would you say that it aids the club in reaching an amicable separation, given the debt involved?

I'm with Mr T on this one, to say it's a delicate situation is an understatement.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

Here is my problem with any protest. Let's say that it achieves the objectives you've stated, the protests smash their reputation to pieces and everyone thinks they're a bunch of incompetent morons. Would you say that it aids the club in reaching an amicable separation, given the debt involved?

I'm with Mr T on this one, to say it's a delicate situation is an understatement.

Their defence for the reason of them being allowed to send over funds last time was to protect their reputation.

If their reputation is already in the gutter the judge could well just say you've nothing to protect. No.

Besides, why should we be the ones that have to be humiliated by them? Fuck these cunts. They are a total disgrace to humanity.

• Like 1

Can you believe this one (from LT)? I'd say past experience has no relevance whatsoever to this chap. How many Transfer Window disappointments does it take?

"I agree. If we can get the McGuire deal over the line then I would consider that a pretty decent window. £22M for a 19 year old who has only made 44 appearances is a masterstroke. Hopefully we can invest a significant amount of that money this summer."

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike E said:

Don’t understand the logic of ‘who will buy us?’ posts.

It’s like asking who will buy your house when you decide to sell: I’ve no idea, but plenty will be interested.

Are they suggesting a bid from Roger Daltrey? 

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Can you believe this one (from LT)? I'd say past experience has no relevance whatsoever to this chap. How many Transfer Window disappointments does it take?

"I agree. If we can get the McGuire deal over the line then I would consider that a pretty decent window. £22M for a 19 year old who has only made 44 appearances is a masterstroke. Hopefully we can invest a significant amount of that money this summer."

He’s got to be off his tits on some strong drugs surely? 

• Like 1

This guy started off well, I thought the jist was going to be don't blame the middle management, blame the owners which is fair enough. HOWEVER, he took a sharp unexpected turn at the end - basically its not the fault of middle management because these requests come from head office and they pump money into the club so it's fine. 

Screenshot_20240207_131625_Facebook.jpg

• Backroom

"....let's stick with what we understand and like...."

Fairly patronising that. 

What, us thick football fans couldn't possibly understand the complex 4D chess that's involved in running a football club. 

Just stick to the simple stuff, your team getting the round thing in the net, and making up funny chants. 

Don't dare try and wrap your simple mind around the basic admin that happens thousands of times in hundreds of clubs across the globe. 

Worried people might get brain ache. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, MrT said:

So would you roll over and watch us get shagged and just be a cuck?